Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably not what Legacy's going for, but "Mary our hope" could be read as "Marry our hope."

Kinda like how Beetlejuice tried to marry Lydia to become a human again. Idk, that's my two cents.

I don't think Beetlejuice is likely as a maze after GBs poor GSATs

I could see the Beetle return next year, but not as a maze.

I honestly have to wonder how well he was recieved for Thursday Throwback Nights, as I could see it possibly encourage giving Beetlejuice perhaps a live show (especially considering whether or not Jabbawockeez gets a extension).

I honestly have to wonder how well he was recieved for Thursday Throwback Nights, as I could see it possibly encourage giving Beetlejuice perhaps a live show (especially considering whether or not Jabbawockeez gets a extension).

Likewise...

Since the idea of investing into more than one sit-down show for HHN is what terrifies USH executives, yeah, I'd see Beetlejuice replacing Jabbawockeez if Jabba's contract runs out..

Since the idea of investing into more than one sit-down show for HHN is what terrifies USH executives, yeah, I'd see Beetlejuice replacing Jabbawockeez if Jabba's contract runs out..

Plus, to play Monkey's paw..it could actually be cheaper for Universal to do Beetlejuice, because they wouldn't need Vegas level talent and budgets to operate a show.

Plus, to play Monkey's paw..it could actually be cheaper for Universal to do Beetlejuice, because they wouldn't need Vegas level talent and budgets to operate a show.
It would absolutely be cheaper not only because they could use cheaper talent, and they already have a lot of the costumes, and maybe some leftover stuff from Graveyard Revue. Only issue is I highly doubt a beetlejuice show has nearly as much GP draw as Jabba does, and I'm the executives know that.

Praying it’s The Conjuring but not hopeful for that

I’m betting the words are important to the clue though

I don't think Warner Bros. is really selling, as the company was sued by owners whose actual house was depicted in the first Conjuring movie featuring the Warren couple and got vandalized in real life, as well as the author of the book. And I doubt Universal wants to get involved in the controversy of using the film as a maze. It's probably better to use mazes that are entirely fictional and not based on real-life events to make the issue less complicated.

I don't think Warner Bros. is really selling, as the company was sued by owners whose actual house was depicted in the first Conjuring movie featuring the Warren couple and got vandalized in real life, as well as the author of the book. And I doubt Universal wants to get involved in the controversy of using the film as a maze. It's probably better to use mazes that are entirely fictional and not based on real-life events to make the issue less complicated.

That settlement was dropped. I doubt they care about a maze's consequences when theyre moving forward with Conjuring 3.

That settlement was dropped. I doubt they care about a maze's consequences when theyre moving forward with Conjuring 3.

Either way, I don't think WB would lend its Conjuring IP for HHN, considering the sensitivity around the case, especially when basing a movie on a real-life event. Most of the HHN mazes are based on fictional stories that have no direct relationships with real-life events.

Either way, I don't think WB would lend its Conjuring IP for HHN, considering the sensitivity around the case, especially when basing a movie on a real-life event. Most of the HHN mazes are based on fictional stories that have no direct relationships with real-life events.

I think some context helps. They weren't being sued because it was a real life case, actually quite the opposite. They were being sued because the author of a book on the Warrens claimed that the movie was an unauthorized adaptation of his fictional account of the Warrens, while WB claimed all those accounts of demons and satan worship was "based on true events" and therefore not copyrightable. It was looking like WB was gonna have to prove the existence of ghosts if they wanted to survive the lawsuit.

Regardless, it turns out the whole scheme was actually concocted by a disgruntled former-Warner exec to get back at the company for firing him, and the actual author wasn't even aware of the lawsuit. It was a farce, basically.

As far as real life events, well, the HoTC murder ride features real life murderers like Ed Gein. Yeah, I know it's "technically part of the murder ride," but it's still referencing a major serial killer in a maze and people didn't bat an eye.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.