Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS) | Page 58 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So happy to see someone else lay this all out on the table. It’s been negative comment after negative comment from the same people. Even when a ride appears to be handling capacity and operation well (hint Falcon) one of the usual suspects tells us it’s actually not working as great as it appears. Ok. That’s nice. Irrelevant.
I was told on this board that Slinky and Falcon would have absolutely terrible capacity. They don’t.
I was told that Hagrid was gonna run 12 (?) trains, it doesn’t.
Don’t even get me started of all the false rumors floating around for what Gringotts was going to be.
I prefer to see what actually happens before jumping on the rumors.

The only “proof” I see that rise will be a troubled opening is the complete lack of hype and cast training on the Disney side. Similar how Hagrid opened earlier this year.

You can talk 'proof' for Rise but I can't remember any ride recently that appears to have this many problems and the sources are coming from every where. There's no smoke without fire.

It doesn't matter though. If opening day is a complete poop show, then so be it. Watching this from over 4000 miles away, it would slightly amuse me to see some anarchy but after a few weeks or months, it's all going to be forgotten.

I'm going in June and I have full confidence that it will be up and running relatively problem free by then. Call it a self fulfilling prophecy but I'm usually pretty good at knowing what I will like well in advance of experiencing it and I genuinely believe that this could easily be in my top 3 rides.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
You can talk 'proof' for Rise but I can't remember any ride recently that appears to have this many problems and the sources are coming from every where. There's no smoke without fire.

It doesn't matter though. If opening day is a complete poop show, then so be it. Watching this from over 4000 miles away, it would slightly amuse me to see some anarchy but after a few weeks or months, it's all going to be forgotten.

I'm going in June and I have full confidence that it will be up and running relatively problem free by then. Call it a self fulfilling prophecy but I'm usually pretty good at knowing what I will like well in advance of experiencing it and I genuinely believe that this could easily be in my top 3 rides.

Most thought Hagrid would be without issue within a few months, but that’s not the case. So who knows. I think it’s interesting because we have two parks opening with the same attraction. Which one will go smoother?

As someone that’s going opening day, the anxiety is kinda killing me inside. Hope it goes well.

If you’re one of the first to ride and it breaks down for the rest of the day, you could make a killing with the first POV.

Most thought Hagrid would be without issue within a few months, but that’s not the case. So who knows. I think it’s interesting because we have two parks opening with the same attraction. Which one will go smoother?

It’s not without issue but a hell of a lot better than it was. Hagrid’s issues seem to be largely found after it was built. Rise’s issues seemed to be from the offset.

With it operating on both coasts, they’ll be able to learn from each other and I think once Rise is operating, it will probably be smoother than Hagrid’s.

Reactions: Andysol
I said Intamin attractions always have issues and was yelled down so maybe I'm a Disney *and* Universal double agent.

Meet me at Bigfire having a smoked old fashioned.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I said Intamin attractions always have issues and was yelled down so maybe I'm a Disney *and* Universal double agent.

Meet me at Bigfire having a smoked old fashioned.

I mean, Hagrid has been a bit beyond the usual Intamin issues, no? If I was UOR I’d be having some strong meetings about them and with them.

Reactions: Andysol

Yes, yes. You’ve said Hagrid's issues are Intamin’s fault. You’ve said Volcano Bay’s capacity issues were Pro slide’s fault.

And yet you say Flight of Passage’s overheating issue is Disney’s fault. Never once Vekoma’s. Never once COST of Wisconsin’s. Always Disney’s.

That pretty much sums it up.

Now, back to Rise...

Yes, yes. You’ve said Hagrid's issues are Intamin’s fault. You’ve said Volcano Bay’s capacity issues were Pro slide’s fault.

And yet you say Flight of Passage’s overheating issue is Disney’s fault. Never once Vekoma’s. Never once COST of Wisconsin’s. Always Disney’s.
To be fair, there's a distinct difference between Hagrid and something like FoP where one can pinpoint more of the blame on the company that designed the attraction versus the company contracted to install the attraction. That difference being the fact that FoP and NRJ share a show building. That design is rumored to be the cause of not only problems with FoP, but alsso stoppages on NRJ for similar overheating.

Now obviously I wnt Rise to be a huge success and a great ride. Who doesn't love great rides? I'm not feeling great about how reliable the ride will be from the start though simply based on what @Marni1971 has said. Add in what others have said here and the real lack of advertising onlt a week and a half out and it's worrying at the least.

I mean, Hagrid has been a bit beyond the usual Intamin issues, no? If I was UOR I’d be having some strong meetings about them and with them.

Deff, they're the ones who chose the belt system and contracted out who did the AAs. The steam is also their choice which which many are speculating is causing issues (I don't know this for sure).

That pretty much sums it up.

Now, back to Rise...

Disney takes over ownership of their rides more than Universal does, the whole "contract out" thing Nick is hinting at. Disney bought out the patents to the cooling system they had to install in FoP. Since they made those modifications to the ride system I labeled it as Disney's issue.

Also what does Wisconsin have to do with this? :lol:

But what about the supposed construction issue in Disneyland that forced them to have to redo some work, which set them behind WDW? Or was that not correct? That was the explanation floated by some insiders for why Florida's version leapfrogged California's in terms of opening.

Reactions: therock
I feel like the drop shaft is the issue...but it's beyond my knowledge what the real situation is

Could be something as simple as having to add more guidance pucks like on Kong

Disneyland had to re-do the entire flooring if I recall for the ride vehicles, or they had to switch out all their ride vehicles, it was one or the other.

My source tends to be vague, as I think they're afraid to share key information but from what I gathered talking prior about this and over the weekend about this they've told me (and this is quoted) "Ride's like this are hard to come by, which obviously mean they are hard to operate. Most rides have 1, 2, 3, maybe even 4 "steps" to it (Queue, pre show, load/unload, ride Ive assumed), this ride will have closer to 10 "steps" in total. If 1 "step", especially one of the very first ones, do not work, the ENTIRE ride must be shut down. It is very difficult to pull this all off under the circumstances the workers are under".

So I'm thinking this Dec 5 opening was a corporate (Iger) decision? Rushed opening for the Holidays is what it sounds like to me ultimately and they may pay the price for it. To my knowledge from reports on here and Magic, not my source, workers from Mickey and Minnie's were moved over to SWGE to make sure everything was done on time for the August opening, then like 90% of THOSE workers went on to help with Rise.

This may not really be news to people here in the know but I figured id share since theres not much "inside" info I tend to receive that is shareable. Sounds like there is A LOT of pressure to get this thing done.

TLDR; WDW Rise is figuring it all out from scratch, where DL fixed one problem, and has time to correct others while other said problem is currently being fixed. DL's was also built first.

Reactions: SeventyOne