Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney+

So I’m wondering if ABC stuff will go on Disney+ or be Hulu only.

Something like Modern Family, Black-ish, Fresh off the Boat (all three are produced by FOX or ABC), etc would be a great additions to the Disney+ lineup with them being live action sitcoms that are aimed at adults, but are still safe enough for Disney+ considering they were on network television and are TV-PG.

Something like Modern Family, Black-ish, Fresh off the Boat (all three are produced by FOX or ABC), etc would be a great additions to the Disney+ lineup with them being live action sitcoms that are aimed at adults, but are still safe enough for Disney+ considering they were on network television and are TV-PG.
Of those three, Modern Family is AAA content. That’s the kind of content that can really drive people to sign up for a streaming service (think Game of Thrones on HBO). I would think Disney would push that show specifically to Hulu, since Disney+ can get new subscribers more easily than Hulu right now

Of those three, Modern Family is AAA content. That’s the kind of content that can really drive people to sign up for a streaming service (think Game of Thrones on HBO). I would think Disney would push that show specifically to Hulu, since Disney+ can get new subscribers more easily than Hulu right now
Yeah, mostly likely. Especially since a purge of content will be coming to Hulu in the next few years. They already lost Simpsons to D+, they'll be losing South Park to HBO Max, NBC Sitcoms to Peacock, etc, etc. Hulu is gonna need everything than can get, which is why the FX content exclusively coming to Hulu is a big deal for the service (along with FX producing Hulu originals).

In an interesting thing to point out, the Television series of The Muppets has the ABC logo on it.

upload_2019-11-24_7-21-31.png

I could see eventually, select ABC shows from the past and present pop in (like for instance--Agent's of Shield, Modern Family, and others). It could very well be something they're saving until later on in the first year, IMO.

I mean, this is what this thread is for. A Disney+ update thread. With them being in their infancy and not adding much besides new episodes of their originals, I thought I’d mention it.

Obviously its no Oscar caliber content, but I do know that we have a lot of people who enjoy musicals on here so figured it was worth mentioning.

Personally, I missed it live and wouldn’t have seemed it out otherwise after its original performance, but I’ll definitely check it out on here.

I mean, this is what this thread is for. A Disney+ update thread. With them being in their infancy and not adding much besides new episodes of their originals, I thought I’d mention it.

Obviously its no Oscar caliber content, but I do know that we have a lot of people who enjoy musicals on here so figured it was worth mentioning.

Personally, I missed it live and wouldn’t have watched it otherwise after its original performance, so I’ll definitely check it out on here.

It was a joke, Nick....

Don't subject that evil onto me, Nick.

__

To throw the ball in the court of bringing up, Disney+ is adding Continue Watching to the app via their servers.

Yes, and this is the evil that Disney+ did to me today, making me think I could watch Chapter 4 of Mandalorian.
81B4D8B5-0116-48B9-8CF4-108DB4EAF718.jpeg

“One Day at Disney” is premiering tomorrow, which will be a documentary focusing on all parts of the WDC. This will eventually be a weekly docuseries.

So seeing as Disney has been pretty candid so far with the Imagineering documentary. I hope they come around and releases The Sweatbox on Disney+ at some point.

Random thought, but I have to wonder if Indiana Jones will ever come to Disney+. Paramount owns the distribution rights so this is a similar situation as the Sony-made MCU Spider-Man movies not being on the service.

Of course I know Indy is currently on both Amazon and Netflix, but once those deals are up I have to think Disney will be interested.

So seeing as Disney has been pretty candid so far with the Imagineering documentary. I hope they come around and releases The Sweatbox on Disney+ at some point.
It’s not a Disney-made documentary.

They didn’t make it but I believe they own the distribution rights to the documentary. Not 100% sure. Good point on Indy. I would imagine they could reach a deal with paramount if they wanted to.