Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

How long will The Simpsons Ride last?

How long will the Simpsons Ride last?

• Total voters
New owners just got there hands on this cash cow....no way they don't milk it for all it's worth. Like the Muppets I expect they will just replace the voice cast as necessary

Simpsons is one of the top media on Disney Plus....don't know if thats a good thing or bad thing for the ride

I wouldn't look too much into that. For all it's worth, it could be more-so relating towards his involvement with the show, however minimal it is now; considering the odds.

__

Additionally, TWDC isn't going to let one of the biggest things that was presented in the Fox acquisition to easily keel over and die. If anything, the contract that Universal has in-place with Disney/Fox on The Simpsons will remain as it is, and will just lapse once it ends in 2027/2028, depending on whenever it was originally finalized.

Additionally, TWDC isn't going to let one of the biggest things that was presented in the Fox acquisition to easily keel over and die. If anything, the contract that Universal has in-place with Disney/Fox on The Simpsons will remain as it is, and will just lapse once it ends in 2027/2028, depending on whenever it was originally finalized.

I wonder what the future holds for the Simpsons area after Universal's contract with Fox expires in 2027/2028. I'm probably sure that Universal would make such a large acquisition on some other appealing company sometime in the 2020s in order to compete better in the changing market.

I wonder what the future holds for the Simpsons area after Universal's contract with Fox expires in 2027/2028. I'm probably sure that Universal would make such a large acquisition on some other appealing company sometime in the 2020s in order to compete better in the changing market.

Not just that but the ride would be 20 years old by then (nearly 40 if you count Back to the Future), the show itself would be 40 years old, new ownership of the property in Disney....nothing about any of this makes it seem like it would be around after the contract end date.

I think they have plenty to replace it with.

And to be honest, I feel they will reconfigure Kidzone and the Simpsons area into something huge that can fit two lands.

It's no secret Matt Groening has little love for the Disney Company. My guess is that when the contract ends the show ends. Groening has the rights of the characters so Disney can't produce new episodes on their own. I thought I read somewhere the theme park rights also lay with Groening but I'm not sure.
In the end it doesn't matter because Universal want to use it's own extensive ip catalog so after the contract ends they will have something else lined up to replace it. Together with kids lands I could see a mayor park make over in the future.

Not just that but the ride would be 20 years old by then (nearly 40 if you count Back to the Future), the show itself would be 40 years old, new ownership of the property in Disney....nothing about any of this makes it seem like it would be around after the contract end date.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what new IP would replace The Simpsons. It's kind of the shame what new IP Universal would have to replace in order to replicate the legacy of BTFF and Simpsons, as they currently have no valuable IP in its place at the moment aside from DWA and Illumination movies. Bourne is already being criticized by Universal fans for replacing a popular sci-fi franchise with the one that isn't as appealing and popular as the Terminator one. They need an IP that can replicate the legacy of BTFF and Simpsons.

I think they have plenty to replace it with.

And to be honest, I feel they will reconfigure Kidzone and the Simpsons area into something huge that can fit two lands.

For the record, I live in California, so there's no Kids Zone area here. So unless Universal have IPs that matches Disney and its affiliates as well as and Warner Bros. in the 2020s, I will remain currently skeptical of the new IP Universal needs to replace the Simpsons area and to live up to the legacy of it and BTTF.

It's no secret Matt Groening has little love for the Disney Company. My guess is that when the contract ends the show ends. Groening has the rights of the characters so Disney can't produce new episodes on their own. I thought I read somewhere the theme park rights also lay with Groening but I'm not sure.
In the end it doesn't matter because Universal want to use it's own extensive ip catalog so after the contract ends they will have something else lined up to replace it. Together with kids lands I could see a mayor park make over in the future.

If I recall, Universal tried to ask Fox the rights to use the Simpsons for its theme parks, but Fox either didn't really bother to answer or said no, so they got around by asking Matt Groening and Gracie Films to lend its Simpsons IP, as they were/are the true owners. 20th Century Fox has the rights to the episodes, but not the characters themselves. And I'm not sure Matt Groening really hates Disney, he may have parodied them, some in a cruel way, but I don't think he hates Disney.

The actual simpsons ride is dated and won’t be missed. The Simpson’s food court and land is another story. It’s one of my favorite areas of universal.
I typically don't even go on the ride, just hang and drink and eat in the area. Only went on it last trip cause the boyfriend had never done it. The dining area will be severely missed imo.

I typically don't even go on the ride, just hang and drink and eat in the area. Only went on it last trip cause the boyfriend had never done it. The dining area will be severely missed imo.

same. We like getting food at the taco truck then heading over to Duff Gardens for a beer , and sitting by the lake.

I rode the Simpsons Ride yesterday for the first time in years.

They skipped the first pre-show! After the line and the ramps, you get put into a room with many rows and booths on the walls. Apu has a booth, same for Cletus, and then Patti + Selma. I remember that pre-show being hilarious and one of my favorite moments in the ride.

Have they been skipping this for a while?Do I just mis-remember this part of the queue?

That's the real interesting thing about a replacement. You could have 20 IPs that could replace the Simpsons Ride but very few IPs that would allow for the food aspect of it but that's assuming that you just replace Springfield.

Dare I say that when the time comes, Kidzone goes with it. That's almost 10 acres of prime real estate and it's a good shape that you can do anything with it.

springfield.JPG

The idea is always getting thrown about but I think Spongebob seems like the obvious choice.
The Simpsons deal ends in 2028, EU opens in 2023 and that will allow more offerings and things to do at the resort to allow for a project as big as this to go ahead.