Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

How long will The Simpsons Ride last?

How long will the Simpsons Ride last?

• Total voters
That's the real interesting thing about a replacement. You could have 20 IPs that could replace the Simpsons Ride but very few IPs that would allow for the food aspect of it but that's assuming that you just replace Springfield.

Dare I say that when the time comes, Kidzone goes with it. That's almost 10 acres of prime real estate and it's a good shape that you can do anything with it.

View attachment 11263

The idea is always getting thrown about but I think Spongebob seems like the obvious choice.
The Simpsons deal ends in 2028, EU opens in 2023 and that will allow more offerings and things to do at the resort to allow for a project as big as this to go ahead.
I think that’s a fantastic, amazing idea. I believe the films and tv show do well, those kids are now 15 or so years younger than me. I think it could survive another 10 years. Imagine what Universal creative could do with a Spongebob land/ride? Endless possibilities. I like your thinking.

I rode the Simpsons Ride yesterday for the first time in years.

They skipped the first pre-show! After the line and the ramps, you get put into a room with many rows and booths on the walls. Apu has a booth, same for Cletus, and then Patti + Selma. I remember that pre-show being hilarious and one of my favorite moments in the ride.

Have they been skipping this for a while?Do I just mis-remember this part of the queue?
That’s a holding room for easy sorting. If you arrive just as they’re ready for guests in the waiting rooms you will skip the holding room.

I do like the main screen preshow in there though as it shows Sideshow Bob’s escape.

That's the real interesting thing about a replacement. You could have 20 IPs that could replace the Simpsons Ride but very few IPs that would allow for the food aspect of it but that's assuming that you just replace Springfield.

Dare I say that when the time comes, Kidzone goes with it. That's almost 10 acres of prime real estate and it's a good shape that you can do anything with it.

View attachment 11263

The idea is always getting thrown about but I think Spongebob seems like the obvious choice.
The Simpsons deal ends in 2028, EU opens in 2023 and that will allow more offerings and things to do at the resort to allow for a project as big as this to go ahead.

Yep, I'm 31 and no one my age or younger watches or finds the Simpsons relevent. I'm a touch old for SpongeBob but know it well enough. People my age have kids that are watching SpongeBob.

By the time a replacement happens my generation will be mid career, perfect money spending demographic with kids and SpongeBob will be an IP we can share.

Yep, I'm 31 and no one my age or younger watches or finds the Simpsons relevent. I'm a touch old for SpongeBob but know it well enough. People my age have kids that are watching SpongeBob.

By the time a replacement happens my generation will be mid career, perfect money spending demographic with kids and SpongeBob will be an IP we can share.

I’m the same age as you and I was just old enough to miss out on Spongebob but I know enough to probably at least enjoy it. What surprised me was on my last trip when my niece who’s 5 wanted a Spongebob mug more than anything else as a gift

With regard to the plot itself, if they just leveled the ride area and left the other shops, restaurants, and flat ride intact, how much room is there for a new ride?

Are they limited to the area the current showbuilding takes up, or can they push things out in a particular direction?

With regard to the plot itself, if they just leveled the ride area and left the other shops, restaurants, and flat ride intact, how much room is there for a new ride?

Are they limited to the area the current showbuilding takes up, or can they push things out in a particular direction?
To my knowledge, kid zone is pretty much directly behind it so they can't really expand on anything. I like the proposal of just slashing Kidzone and Simpsons together, creating one larger land for some IP.

What about Pokemon? In a future where Nintendo performs well enough to get an installation in every park, a la Potter, could Pokemon take the combined Simpsons-Kidzone spot?

What about Pokemon? In a future where Nintendo performs well enough to get an installation in every park, a la Potter, could Pokemon take the combined Simpsons-Kidzone spot?
While theres no confirmation of this and more just informed speculation from our insiders, it is believed Pokemon will go to Epic Universe right next to where SNW is going to be. Makes sense to double down on that park for Nintendo, then have another property in either IOA or USF to move the crowds. I don't suspect Pokemon will go to USF but I would love it if it did.

That's why they put Diagon in the rest of Lost Continent.

Wait.
I think different animals, considering Nintendo properties like Pokemon and Zelda as vastly different than Mario and his pals. They interact in some games sure, but its not like you're building 2 specific lands based off the same films, they're building different IPs essentially. They're different "Universes" shall we say. For example, the HP films all take place in the existing theme park lands. Thus, having them in the same park Imo would be a bit odd. Splitting them up to 2 parks makes sense not only business wise, but thematically as well. London isn't right next to Hogsmeade, so they had to build it in another park.

Pokemon and SNW are completely different Universes. Having those in the same park is not crazy to think about. Also, you now have 3 parks to play with, and not 2. Makes the decision a bit more complicated than "Lets just put this in the other park to spread attendance", you have 3 of those now. I don't disagree its a bad idea to put them in IOA, USF, and EU but I don't think its as simple as that.

That's why they put Diagon in the rest of Lost Continent.

Wait.
I think different animals, considering Nintendo properties like Pokemon and Zelda as vastly different than Mario and his pals. They interact in some games sure, but its not like you're building 2 specific lands based off the same films, they're building different IPs essentially. They're different "Universes" shall we say. For example, the HP films all take place in the existing theme park lands. Thus, having them in the same park Imo would be a bit odd. Splitting them up to 2 parks makes sense not only business wise, but thematically as well. London isn't right next to Hogsmeade, so they had to build it in another park.

Pokemon and SNW are completely different Universes. Having those in the same park is not crazy to think about. Also, you now have 3 parks to play with, and not 2. Makes the decision a bit more complicated than "Lets just put this in the other park to spread attendance", you have 3 of those now. I don't disagree its a bad idea to put them in IOA, USF, and EU but I don't think its as simple as that.
As it stands, Super Nintendo World will be about half the size of the other lands in Epic. Expanding it to double its physical size through an expansion will help it to match the scale of the other lands, regardless of what theme they choose. Without being locked into a small area like KidZone, or the small space in Japan or Hollywood, why wouldn't they have made it bigger?

Pokemon is still just a rumor though. It could very well be more Mario-based attractions for all we know, saving things like Zelda or Pokemon for other parks Potter style.

Thank you for making my argument for me.

Super Mario = Huge IP that anchors a new park
Pokemon = Huge IP (that already has Kidzone-specific plans)
Zelda = Big IP

Business says, after you open a new product, you invest in the old. That's the only way to ensure the old doesn't lose relevance.

2023 - Open EU (with Mario and DK, which Hollywood doesn't have)
2025 - Open Pokemon in Studios
2026 - Luigi's Mansion in EU
2027 - Open Hyrule in Islands
2028 - Replace Mummy
2029 - IoA Attraction and MiB/Simpsons replacement
2030 - EU addition (Kung Fu Panda or Far Far Away)

Smaller updates, events, etc fill the gaps.

Now, people who go in 2023/2024 have to go back in 2025/2026 and visit TWO parks. Then go back again in 2027 for Hyrule and visit THREE parks.

Putting all of Nintendo in one park is, frankly, a terrible idea. Especially because there is no real connective tissue between the various IPs.

Zelda = Big IP

Business says, after you open a new product, you invest in the old. That's the only way to ensure the old doesn't lose relevance.

2028 - Replace Mummy

Now, people who go in 2023/2024 have to go back in 2025/2026 and visit TWO parks. Then go back again in 2027 for Hyrule and visit THREE parks.

Putting all of Nintendo in one park is, frankly, a terrible idea. Especially because there is no real connective tissue between the various IPs.
The expansion plot next to Nintendo has been earmarked for more Nintendo. What goes there and when is just speculation currently.

Sorry for helping to derail the, checks notes, Simpsons thread lol. Carry on.

Zelda = Big IP

2028 - Replace Mummy

I mean I don't disagree here as I said, just making the argument for why they wouldn't. Pokemon to me has always seemed like the best replacement for Kidzone if it wasn't going to be SNW.

Again though, different IPs essentially. Not all Pokemon fans are Mario fans (Granted I bet a very high % are but its not a guarantee) where as with Potter if you don't like or care for Hogsmeade, you likely won't care for Diagon Alley, and vice versa. Pokemon won't have a connection to Mario, so there's no harm or reason why it can't exist in the same park.

That being said I LOVE your idea of Luigi's Mansion being the Nintendo expansion at Epic Universe. I 100% believe that rumor is true that the space between UCM and SNW is for Nintendo, just which Nintendo property is the question.