Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fewer IPs we can put in the “rumor” column. It’s definitely not something I expected.

So we now expect about the same ratio?

Just do SOMETHING to acknowledge the 30th.

I mean, that’s the opposite of what I said.

If I am interpreting Legacy correctly, this is what was meant: he was not expecting there to be less IPs this year than years previous. He has now heard rumblings that there might be more Originals than expected so he is putting the "less IPs" speculation in the official rumors column over just plain old wishful thinking.

I mean I'm fine with just having GB this year, I mean there is probably no need to bring in the new movie as house, give it awhile I guess, but I would definitely love to see what they do with the originals next year, with houses like Graveyard and Yeti this year, I really hope they have more environmental style houses like those with more boosted energy from the scareactors, those houses were killer and delivered a lot during my runs in them, I really hope they acknowledge the icons a little more next year too, ip or no, I just hope they give the past years a lot of acknowledgement and for another anniversary style house.

Last edited:
While I enjoyed ghostbusters this year I honestly don’t wanna see another house next year. This years house was fun and all but it wasn’t scary in the least and it didn’t seem to pull that big of crowds even. most nights I would find that house of 1000 corpses or even killer klowns would have longer waits. I think the only reason it drew some crowds this year is the fact it’s a classic and there’s the nostalgia which the new film won’t have.

While I enjoyed ghostbusters this year I honestly don’t wanna see another house next year. This years house was fun and all but it wasn’t scary in the least and it didn’t seem to pull that big of crowds even. most nights I would find that house of 1000 corpses or even killer klowns would have longer waits. I think the only reason it drew some crowds this year is the fact it’s a classic and there’s the nostalgia which the new film won’t have.

Don’t they lock some properties in over an entire year beforehand? I wonder if it was a package deal when they got the rights for the house this year. Afterlife could be the big hit of the summer, especially with the Infinity Saga being over.

Last edited:
F99BD315-545D-459C-A9B6-21B2C7D12488.jpeg
Not sure if this was already discussed. If not I’ll just leave this here. This was posted to instagram by @hmrclown (I think). Some of these properties seem very questionable.

“Mostly,” you say?
“Mostly wishful thinking”

“Wishful thinking” being suggestions without a basis of reasonable logic.

Apart from Candyman, Purge, and a history zone (and arguably, Creepshow), I can dismiss everything off that map through simply thinking about it. AoV doesn’t count, because it’s a given (but it’s still missing a rumored show).

Want me to?

Doctor Sleep - Likely requires Stephen King’s approval, and the film flopped hard.
Zombieland - Film flopped. A&D didn’t want it in the first place.
AHS - Owned by Disney.
Ash vs Evil Dead - Show is cancelled, and therefore irrelevant.
Anarch-cade - Street didn’t have a story to extend or tell
Dark Fantasy World... - A&D hasn’t locked in all their originals and “dark fantasy” isn’t specific enough a concept to build around.
Bone Presents... - A&D refuses to acknowledge Bone as anything worth remembering.
Dead Market - Originals aren’t locked.

Slaughter Sinema - Won’t be a street. Random characters associated with Sinema don’t work without scenes around them.
Klowns - Nope. Tapped out.
Goth Lairs - OK, Boomer
Roaming - Hordes are literally the last thing added with whatever costumes they can scrounge together.

Status
Not open for further replies.