Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mary Poppins Attraction - UK Pavilion

I'm personally more excited about the meet-and-greet and Cherry Tree Lane facades than the ride.

Maybe it won't be a carousel. But, I lap up themed environments, so I call this a win all-around.

Just please, don't get rid of Winnie-the-Pooh because the Pooh M+G in England is delightful.

Sort of irksome that we got all of that info yesterday and nothing on this attraction. I feel like we have next to no official info on this currently (although we basically know it’s a carousel), a name or concept art release would be nice.

This is some good reporting, and speculating.

Even though this dude can sometimes bother me by dragging out his videos to get to the actual information he's trying to tell, he does do some good research and genuinely cares about the parks so I respect him for that. This, as you said, seems like very strong reporting. And honestly a cute attraction if true, not sure it needed to be announced at D23 but still, I'm kinda excited for this one. Not pumped or anything but it'll be a nice ride to add onto my day at Epcot.

This sounds really cool.. I would love to see it.... If it's a standard spinner I'll scream... for some reason it being a traditional carousel doesn't bother me though

Even if it ends up being a standard spinner/carousel, if indoors, a projected environment around it that changes from live action to animation would be incredible.
I could see them using the Projection mapping/moving screen tech from Mickey Runaway Railway for this depending on how expensive/easy the technology is to actually pull off.

lmao the budget for this thing is $80M. Nobody knows how to waste money like WDI...

With $80M we could've gotten a decent dark ride (LM cost just north of $100M) an yet here we are, getting a pimped up carousel and a Cherry Tree Lane facade.

This is the one thing that survived from Tom Fitz's days as Epcot lead, so I'm guessing the only reason it's being built is so they can capitalize the decade of development costs he spent on it.

(LM cost just north of $100M)
There's a tad bit more construction going on in Orlando now than in 2010. Still egregious but apples to apples it ain't.

This is the one thing that survived from Tom Fitz's days as Epcot lead, so I'm guessing the only reason it's being built is so they can capitalize the decade of development costs he spent on it.
Has nothing to do with it. They didn't even settle on the IP being Poppins until early last year. It was up in the air fighting with Brave and Alice in Wonderland for a long time. This was very nearly almost built as a Brave dark ride (I believe Brexit played into them not doing it).

It's his derby racers concept.

IP =/= development cost.

And I was being sarcastic.

And I misspoke about it being the only thing to survive, I'm sure you can enlighten us all about the other that half-survived.