Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway (DHS)

Found the post I was talking about... it's actually early based on what he had heard. WDWNT also deserves some credit for basically nailing this down. These posts were from back in May.
Just a small update... @Marni1971 is saying that the ride is currently scheduled for an April opening.

From WDWNT, they gathered from internal documents; an February launch for Runaway Railway.

BREAKING: Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway Opening Month Revealed for Disney’s Hollywood Studios - WDW News Today

Still hoping this soft opens in early Feb when I’m there. If not will have to come back during my HHN trip

Seems they're really kicking the promotion into gear. They've been hyping the merchandise already, too. I've written-off super early softs by the time I'm there late next month, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they've got this open by February.

My hunch is that the ride is basically done, but they don't want the headache of trying to open it at the same time as Rise of the Resistance and also with the most peak crowds of the whole year about to arrive.

It's sort of amazing how DHS seems like it'll have three of the best rides out of the entire resort next year in Runaway Railway, Tower of Terror, and Rise of the Resistance. DHS of all the parks lmao. And the other rides aren't bad either (Star Tours and Millennium Falcon are good, RnRC is great, all of the Toy Story rides are good even if they're not the longest in the world).

The future is looking up for this park. Hopefully that black-box dark ride is good and that Indy expansion starts up soon.