Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

This is where Universal screwed up badly. They 100% should have done the virtual line like this. It seems ROTR has had its issues and a lot of people can’t ride, but they aren’t waiting in 10 hours in line. Can’t wait to try this out in Jan and probably make it my number one ride in the world.

Thats exactly what I did... although my boarding went from "afternoon" to "evening" to blank to suddenly running up to my number (literally it was like 21-30 for an hour and then suddenly we went 34-38-42-46-48) ... so they must have cranked up after the downtime
The Afternoon, Evening, Blank is not your estimated time, it’s the estimated time frame for guests that are about to make a reservation now. You must click on My Status to see anything having to do with your boarding pass. The screen that shows the Evening, etc status is a general knowledge screen that everyone sees.

This is where Universal screwed up badly. They 100% should have done the virtual line like this. It seems ROTR has had its issues and a lot of people can’t ride, but they aren’t waiting in 10 hours in line. Can’t wait to try this out in Jan and probably make it my number one ride in the world.

I think so also. If anything it hides the downtimes better, although Hagrid downtimes are hard to hide as the coaster can be seen.

But, it gets rid of the line dumping after hours and hours, and complaints people had who didn't get on at all opening day for Hagrid after 10+ hours in line.

I think people will be less upset if they can't ride RotR as for some, they already know they won't, and others aren't stuck in line unable to do anything else.

I believe part of the reason that Universal opted out of doing the virtual line is due to it being an outdoor ride during a season with unpredictable weather. Sure, technical delays can be anticipated, but given it was the summertime...if there was a washout on opening week at any point, it would have completely destroyed the queue flow.

Once you give a "boarding pass", it makes the guest feel like riding is almost guaranteed by EOD. If you are standing in line, and the ride doesn't come back up the rest of the day due to weather...you partially understand...at least that's my logic.

Last edited:
Both have the plus sides and minus. On one hand if you are in line the overall wait will likely be shorter than if you got a boarding pass. Lines are self regulating like that. On the other hand boarding passes work better for first time or infrequent guests allowing them to do other things in the park. But if you get a pass at 8am and have to wait twelve hours what else is there to do at DHS?
I was able to do Smugglers Run 2x (single rider), TSM, Slinky, Saucers and Star Tours while hopelessly waiting it out to see if more boarding groups would open up. I didn’t go on my first ride until after 10 (I got a breakfast Ronto wrap first) and I was out of the park by 1:30. You’d have to do every show to fill up your day pretty much. Or spend A LOT of time using the data pad, which was something else I did today for the first time.

I'm sure it's tough to gauge right now since so few people have ridden it, but I wonder if the land feels more complete now :shrug:
Not even having ridden if the land feels more complete, simply bc people are actually in the Resistance forest.

You have to wonder what the Overall initial reaction would be if both rides and the land opened today. I think the headlines and blog talk would have been much more forgiving.

I mean, they could have used the extra time to create a proper stunt show and more street performance.

Instead they opened too soon, which has caused all sorts of problems.

Last edited:
The Afternoon, Evening, Blank is not your estimated time, it’s the estimated time frame for guests that are about to make a reservation now. You must click on My Status to see anything having to do with your boarding pass. The screen that shows the Evening, etc status is a general knowledge screen that everyone sees.
That was the screen I was looking at .. it was when the ride went down and my sautés changed.

Thinking that free ticket and FP is because they messed up and issued tickets beyond their closing time. Internally they shut off at 830, that person got one at 930.

That’s amazing. So not only do you get a FP to do the ride, but a free ticket to come back and use it. Even as an AP, I’d be happy about the FP to ride it tomorrow. Super nice of them considering it says “having a boarding time does not guarantee you will be able to get on the ride” or similar on every boarding pass screen.