Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

Doesn't help that I am certain they had to have given away less boarding passes today than yesterday, not just because they gave away too many yesterday, but maybe to compensate for all the FPs they gave away last night coming back today.
Doesn’t help that they are opening the park 2 hours early unannounced. Open at 6 if you want, they’ve done it a lot recently for TSL, Pandora and SWGE opening. But all of those 6am open times were announced and there wasn’t a return time system in place where you can’t physically wait in line.

The Park Hours should show 6AM if that’s when they intend to open.

I dont care for the fact thats its closed before park opening. But realistically, for any other major attraction opening you need to get there first thing to have a decent chance to ride. So, I can't blame them for going this route but no announcement of it even today or yesterday is not good. Wouldn't they want a ridiculous amount of people in at 6:00 am, throughout the entire day? Imagine how much $ can be spent. Definitely crappy of them I agree, but idk what else they could do.

Is there any chance that they miraculously run at consistent capacity today and that more passes release later today? I'm sure it's improbable and not going to happen; I guess I just want some hope? :lol:

According to this article, claiming to quote Disney representatives, they will be doing virtual line for the first few weeks, and then move to regular standby line procedure.

Of course, this article also misrepresents yesterday's scheduled opening time as 9:00 AM and not 8:00 AM, soooo...

The Rise of the Resistance line closed before the park was supposed to be open

Is there any chance that they miraculously run at consistent capacity today and that more passes release later today? I'm sure it's improbable and not going to happen; I guess I just want some hope? :lol:
If they really really undershot boarding passes to avoid a messup like last night AND things run incredibly smoothly it's POSSIBLE they could release more later. They likely won't, but it is possible.

If you're wanting to ride Rise? Probably not. I'd give it a few days, or show up at like 5am to 6am if you want to ride over the weekend.
What time is the parking lot opening though? My friend and I were thinking of just going early tomorrow to guarantee getting on, but I’m unsure when parking will open.

I'm mean sorry not sorry, but it should really be a one ride limit and that should be well communicated to the guests.

They probably should have done what they originally did when GESWL opened in the fall, namely open the park at 6:00 AM officially. Ironically, they didn't need it then after the Day 1 crowd, and it bit them in the butt for two months, with unnecessary early openings. So, I don't blame WDW for not having official early openings at this point in time. But, now it would probably work, especially with the holiday rush crowds coming in about 8 to 10 days. Events sometimes play out in unexpected ways, that's why it's tough to make good management decisions far in advance.

I watched some of the videos of this ride and couldn’t really tell anything about the drop. Is the drop more roller-coastery or more like the drop on Hagrid’s? TIA

I think the lack of communication concerning the virtual queue is the biggest black eye of the opening.
I mean, this is really what it comes down to: the park didn’t technically open until 9am today and closes at 9pm.

The park *actually* opened at 6am and Rise was at capacity by 8:11, a full 49 minutes before the park’s scheduled hours.

No one that walks into the park from 9a-9p is getting on Rise (unless they have a Fastpass from yesterday). That is INSANE.

I watched some of the videos of this ride and couldn’t really tell anything about the drop. Is the drop more roller-coastery or more like the drop on Hagrid’s? TIA
Not as jarring as Hagrid. Smooth, but straight down, timed with the screen and incredibly brief. It’s more like the Flight of Passage drops than anything else, or one of the smallest drop parts of Tower of Terror, but with a screen. It’s something I think literally anyone can handle, cause it’s over quick and very smooth.

I mean, this is really what it comes down to: the park didn’t technically open until 9am today and closes at 9pm.

The park *actually* opened at 6am and Rise was at capacity by 8:11, a full 49 minutes before the park’s scheduled hours.

No one that walks into the park from 9a-9p is getting on Rise (unless they have a Fastpass from yesterday). That is INSANE.

well you can't blame Disney for people showing up in droves at 4 am. If they weren't this wouldn't be an issue. Technically enough people are showing to meet ride capacity for the whole day. Eventually this dies down...I hope.

It's still possible more boarding passes could open up, if capacity improves throughout the day.

well you can't blame Disney for people showing up in droves at 4 am. If they weren't this wouldn't be an issue. Technically enough people are showing to meet ride capacity for the whole day. Eventually this dies down...I hope.

It's still possible more boarding passes could open up, if capacity improves throughout the day.
I wouldn’t have as much of a problem with it if the official opening time was 6am. But since it’s not, it just feels wrong towards the average guest.

I feel like if they restricted the pre-8am boarding passes to just Resort guests, this would be a bit different; but they also need to convey the process a little better. Last night, some of the CMs didn't know what was gonna happen today as far as times/passes.

I wouldn’t have as much of a problem with it if the official opening time was 6am. But since it’s not, it just feels wrong towards the average guest.

1000%. And I'm glad people got to ride a few times, but that also feels like it shouldn't have happened. Should've been restricted to 1 per account.

I’m wondering if they’re not publicizing the 6:00 AM open because the entire park was (at least from what I could tell) not open?

What I saw was open was Starbucks, the store on Hollywood Blvd. selling the merch, and we were told RNRC & ToT were open. By the time we headed over towards the Frozen theater (around 6:30) we were told Galaxy’s Edge just opened and they were preparing to open TSL.

They need to specify the exact park opening (whether in full or a phased opening) regardless, but it was something I noticed anyway.