Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

This may already have been posted on here, but only has 8,000 views, so may be not

the first YouTube comment:

Disney: “OK, Josh. We’d like you to convey into the camera your feelings about what it was like riding the new Star Wars attraction”
Josh Gad: “There are no words to describe what I just experienced”
Disney: “Thanks for nothing, Josh”

:lol:

It would be so weird to ride this ride all by yourself.
I don’t know if I’d want to.

Just imagine, here I’m at on the coast of Maine, 6:30 am. Not a soul in sight. And there some people are having the ultimate Star Wars experience right now, can’t even imagine what it must feel like! God April needs to come faster now this week has gotten me so excited for my Disney Vaca

Been here since 6, got group 36 because the app wasn’t letting me reserve my pass for a bit
Ditto on the app, slightly lower number though.

Everyone around me got 10 :x: I was hoping to be back in bed by 9.

Edit to add: it’s past the initial rush so this is unlikely to mean much, but the earliest they can ever let anyone in is 6:01 because 6:00 and before is technically yesterday in the system.

Boarding pass 41....let people in at 6:30, actually got through the turnstiles at 6:45 and that’s the pass I got. My guess is about 50 people per boarding group. I’ll report back when I actually get called.

Either way, my body hates me for waking up this early, but I can’t wait to ride this damn thing :grin:

I am so glad that the crowds have shown up after the lackluster Aug. opening. But I was pretty sure this would happen. Not because of RotR amazingness. But simply because for 3 years, late fall was the opening timeframe given. WDW's trip planning cycle starts about a year out. So people had already planned early Dec. trips by the time the Aug. opening was announced. Considering that the early opening announcement said RotR wouldn't open with the land, few chose to change their plans. Now that we are in the timeframe of the originally announced date, the crowds are here. Surprising, huh. And remember, there are still those that want to see it, but didn't want to deal with opening period crowds and planned a Jan. or later trip.

These are the crowds Disney was looking for.

Edit: They have changed the procedure for getting in a second boarding group. You cannot join a boarding group for a second ride until you exit the ride. They have Cms at the exit scanning Magic Bands at which point you can join a new group. This should help get more folks through the ride today.

Last edited:
I was about 30 back in one of the lines and got group 13. Walked on falcon then got on at 7.15 for rise. Was able to get a second one.

Ride was really good.

They were also scanning tickets when we got off the ride. Not sure if it was to clear reservations or as a way of locking you out from making new ones. Curious if they were doing that past 2 days.

Glad they closed the loophole - I wonder if the problem of running out by 8:15 was because the first wave of riders was creating a second crush. There’s not a huge influx into the park (at least not when I was over that way 15 minutes ago).

I agree with you DH - this weekend seems to have gone well and it bodes well for the land. However I think we should reserve most judgement until it’s not triple staffed... based on the number of CMs I’ve seen today, I’m not sure who is going to be available to close the park.

I got a free soda because I was the cart’s first customer of the day. I’m not going to hold my breath for that happening ever again :lol: