Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

oh god, I just see them as I scroll. I’m not saving them or anything haha.

Although @Alicia didnt hit the land hard but did say this ride fixes her issues with it ;)
It doesn’t fix everything for me, but it really helps the land overall, even my lack of music qualms.

This land shouldn’t exist without Rise—same as Pandora shouldn’t exist with out Flight of Passage. It’s the real draw.

Ok, so regarding a second boarding group. The folks who tapped into the ride, went to the app and deleted their party from their current boarding group and grabbed a second boarding group prior to the CM at the exit scanning their MBs lost their second boarding group when the CM at the exit scanned their MB. If you wait until after the CM at the exit scans your MB you can in fact get a second boarding group.

EMH vs regular park guests a 8 AM tomorrow. :lol:

source.gif

So at 8 am the resort guests in the park immediately wipe out the capacity of the ride for the day anyway before most of the day guests can get in. Sounds like they are just losing over an hour of run time for the same result.

Wow wow wow WOW!

Without spoiling anything, this is unprecedented for a theme park attraction. Somebody mentioned the Star Trek Experience in Las Vegas and that is an accurate example, but this is so much more immersive and done for far many more people per day.

It feels like it hit that perfect blend of sets, screens and practical effects. Dare i say, it’s exactly what Universal fans have been complaining they want for years. Not bagging on the fans or the parks, but this felt like the next genuine step in theme park evolution.

There are a couple parts that need a little bit more going on. That said, I was somebody who argued the ride being trackless was not needed due to issues it can cause, but in my mind, after riding it, it’s a necessity. You buy you’re hovering over the ground like a transport would.

Also - the entire experience pre-vehicle is as good as the ride itself. This is everything we could have asked for from Imagineering folks, it feels great. Now just to get operations under control...

Last edited: