Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

Lack of soft openings isn't a conscious decision they make months or years before opening. If you want to solve the real problem it's people higher up setting opening dates too far ahead.
Yes, that's why I stressed being flexible about an opening date in my post. Heck, people are going to show up for a new attraction sooner or later, whether it's opening day or two months later.

One issue that I have had reported to me:
Guests are having a very hard time remembering and sticking to their color groups. Due to the somewhat disorganized set up in the holding cell, groups usually get scrambled. Then, once beckoned to load, the row assignments are not clearly explained, marked, or enforced enough for most guests. Often Mom and Dad will push kid(s) into the front row of the front car even if it’s nit their row, only causing other groups that were outlined into a 4 to separate.

Guests are having a very hard time remembering and sticking to their color groups. Due to the somewhat disorganized set up in the holding cell, groups usually get scrambled. Then, once beckoned to load, the row assignments are not clearly explained, marked, or enforced enough for most guests. Often Mom and Dad will push kid(s) into the front row of the front car even if it’s nit their row, only causing other groups that were outlined into a 4 to separate.
I knew this was going to happen. Even I had trouble figuring it out at first.

Boarding Groups 14-16 now. Weird how slow it’s going today and how few they’re calling at once. The first 3 days seemed to be ~10 groups at a time. Now only 3?

Just for clarification, if you get one of the later groups, can you leave and go to say, Epcot, or do you have to stay within DHS?

I am baffled at Disney's logic in the intentional misinformation going on with this attraction. I can understand internal miscommunication on opening day and maybe even day 2. But it is pretty obvious that this isn't internal miscommunication. It is obviously an intentional plan of misinformation. I don't get it.
Sometimes it depends how bad the line is waiting to get in though. It becomes a fire hazard at a certain point, so Disney just lets people in.

Saturday's Touring Plans 'projected' DHS crowd , Level 10...'Actual Observed' crowd level was a Level 2. (Note: Crowd levels reflect the crowd level feel of the park. They are not actual attendance figures, though they may be an indicator of attendance. )
It felt extremely busy in Galaxy's Edge and TSL yesterday. The rest of the park was pretty quiet.

This was something that even I almost had trouble with. I was not told to remember my specific color so by the time we went in I had to ask my friend to make sure it was right. If I was second guessing myself, i'm sure it's happening all the time. The CM's need to communicate it better by letting you know that it's important to remember. Or even give out color-coded cards like they do at MF:SR.

Boarding Groups 14-16 now. Weird how slow it’s going today and how few they’re calling at once. The first 3 days seemed to be ~10 groups at a time. Now only 3?
Wow, they were at 39 around this time yesterday....

Agreed but I’m more talking about highly immersive ride experiences I guess. Idk what Universal could build to match the scope of this.

Huh? The MK building is ginormous. I imagine you will enter HUGE rooms themed to beloved MARIO Kart track worlds, FULL of projections and physical props.

Mario Kart is likely a true game changing ride. RotR is more of a culmination and of dark rides, with a few relatively minor new additions.

Today was not a good day for non-resort guests to attempt riding RotR.

Distribution went about like I figured it would. All groups distributed in a half hour, and gone before 8am.

Supposedly they started group distribution at around 7:20am and started letting non-resort guests in at 7:30am. So a few non-resort guests got them, but not many.

This is beyond slimy on Disney’s part. Folks saying it’s better than how Hagrid was handled are insane.

It’s not as OBVIOUS as huge lines not moving, but they should really be saying the ride is only open for resort guests. That is the truth on EMH days. It sounds horrible to say that, but I wonder how many folks are paying for DHS tickets completely ignorant to the system that is being used.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was something that even I almost had trouble with. I was not told to remember my specific color so by the time we went in I had to ask my friend to make sure it was right. If I was second guessing myself, i'm sure it's happening all the time. The CM's need to communicate it better by letting you know that it's important to remember. Or even give out color-coded cards like they do at MF:SR.

Wow, they were at 39 around this time yesterday....
They need Fallon cards.

Huh? The MK building is ginormous. I imagine you will enter HUGE rooms themed to beloved MARIO Kart track worlds, FULL of projections and physical props.

Mario Kart is likely a true game changing ride. RotR is more of a culmination and of dark rides, with a few relatively minor new additions.

This is beyond slimy on Disney’s part. Folks saying it’s better than how Hagrid was handled are insane.

It’s not as OBVIOUS as huge lines not moving, but they should really be saying the ride is only open for resort guests. That is the truth on EMH days. It sounds horrible to say that, but I wonder how many folks are paying for DHS tickets completely ignorant to the system that is being used.
Well, Mario Kart is on 1 floor I beleive, it’s gonna be huge, but you can’t have a giant AT-AT in one story lol. I’m sure it’s gonna be amazing though

Just for clarification, if you get one of the later groups, can you leave and go to say, Epcot, or do you have to stay within DHS?

Sometimes it depends how bad the line is waiting to get in though. It becomes a fire hazard at a certain point, so Disney just lets people in.

It felt extremely busy in Galaxy's Edge and TSL yesterday. The rest of the park was pretty quiet.
If it's a safety issue, fine let people in the park, but don't open availability to the boarding groups. Opening up the boarding groups has nothing to do with safety.

If it's a safety issue, fine let people in the park, but don't open availability to the boarding groups. Opening up the boarding groups has nothing to do with safety.
Agreed, i've been on the side of this all the way. I can understand it for opening day, but at this point, they're just giving out false information and, even with EMH, still putting tourists at a severe disadvantage as non-hotel guests were let in before the park opened today and able to get boarding passes. The fact that boarding passes haven't been available during actual operating hours even a single MINUTE yet is ridiculous and I think it's time to just open up the regular queue and see how it goes. If it breaks down it breaks down. But the fact that people aren't even able to attempt to wait in line is what really sucks here.

Just checked the TP app. At 5:00 PM most of DHS stand by ride times were low to moderate. Slinky at 60 minutes was the highest. MF and Toy Story was 35 minutes and most everything else in the 15 to 50 minute range.

My god, my cousin just rode and I am beyond jealous of their reaction. I didn’t even know they were there lol. There reaction to this moment is likely going to be mine
The resistance breaks you free and goes “We’re from the resistance we’re here to help you escape!!” She said she had tears from then on. I expect the same for me! Sounds SO immersive and thrilling and adrenaline pumping. April needs to get here ASAP I am not watching a POV again I’ve done it once but my lord this is hard waiting.