Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney/FOX Acquisition Thread

Ice Age was pretty much a while ago. Night at the Museum pretty much ended its course as well, and I don't think Rio would be used in Animal Kingdom too since Disney could use Zootopia for AK. I don't think there's anything Disney can use from its Fox assets in their parks especially if they're preoccupied with Marvel and Star Wars themed areas at the moment.
Like I said, Planet of the Apes. Attraction would probably be a motion simulator. The franchise can easily translate to a theme park setting.

Ice Age was pretty much a while ago. Night at the Museum pretty much ended its course as well, and I don't think Rio would be used in Animal Kingdom too since Disney could use Zootopia for AK. I don't think there's anything Disney can use from its Fox assets in their parks especially if they're preoccupied with Marvel and Star Wars themed areas at the moment.

Disney's been actually interested in using Blue Sky for the television elements of Disney+, and have two shows that spin off of Ice Age and Rio in development.

If anything, part of me wonders if they might take a crack at Rio being the IP alongside the long rumored Brazil pavilion of EPCOT, because if Disney intends to keep Blue Sky and allow it to grow, while also building those two properties..it could lead into that line of thought.

Never watched that movie, isn’t it kinda intense for a Disney park? Not out of any knowledge, just always thought that it was

Thinking about the potential use of Planet of The Apes in the parks is..an interesting one. The closest potential that they could do is the Rise/Dawn/War trilogy, but even then; that's a messy subject.

Interestingly enough, 20th century Fox World in Malaysia (which Disney now owns) will have a rio land and Ice age attraction (I believe a Percy Jackson flying theater and night of the museum attraction too)

Ice Age was one of the most memorable animated franchises I grew up with, if not the most, I feel like I watched a million of those.

Planet of the Apes, Titanic and Alien are said to have attractions too.

Interestingly enough, 20th century Fox World in Malaysia (which Disney now owns) will have a rio land and Ice age attraction (I believe a Percy Jackson flying theater and night of the museum attraction too)

Ice Age was one of the most memorable animated franchises I grew up with, if not the most, I feel like I watched a million of those.

disney doesn’t own that park. They will license certain fox properties but that will be the extent of fox presence in the park. It won’t even be called fox world going forward.

Disney doesn't own the Resorts World Malaysia based park, as we have talked about the subject of that matter on the Fox World Malaysia thread.

__

Looking to the new year, I have to wonder how much new content for 21Fox's Television will be made now for ABC, Hulu, and D+. Outside of Blue Sky, Orville, The Simpsons, and a few others; we don't have much clearance on what lies ahead for the television front.

Like I said, Planet of the Apes. Attraction would probably be a motion simulator. The franchise can easily translate to a theme park setting.

I think the IP has the potential to be transformed into a practical attraction similar to Dinosaur and Rise of the Resistance. The last thing we really need is another screen ride, which is already being overused so much in various theme parks.

Nope, 20th Century Fox World Malaysia pretty much halted after Disney acquired Fox. The current theme park will have some Fox IPs as well as third-party content with a new identity, so it's just a stand-alone theme park owned by Genting Group.

I think the IP has the potential to be transformed into a practical attraction similar to Dinosaur and Rise of the Resistance. The last thing we really need is another screen ride, which is already being overused so much in various theme parks.

Nope, 20th Century Fox World Malaysia pretty much halted after Disney acquired Fox. The current theme park will have some Fox IPs as well as third-party content with a new identity, so it's just a stand-alone theme park owned by Genting Group.
I thought Disney tried to make that happen but lost a lawsuit so now it’s theirs?

I thought Disney tried to make that happen but lost a lawsuit so now it’s theirs?

Disney and Genting Group already settled last year. Genting gets to have some Fox properties then the rest, they have to obtain 3rd party content which means the park will have a new identity with no connection to any of the Fox IPs.

No.

I would rather not want to detract this thread, but it does matter in some areas so to fill in..

Fox/Disney was sued around 1.75 billion in November of last year by Genting, on the counts of the development of Fox World Malaysia. In January of 2019, Fox filed a 46 million dollar counterclaim for similar claims but against Genting. They were going in and arguing up until July of this year, and settled on an agreement that allowed "select" Fox branded IP's to be in the park, alongside other third-party IP's, alongside rebranding the park to stray away the original title of it being a Fox-park.

It's not owned by Disney. It was always going to be operated by Genting.

The more you know

Thanks for the info!

So since Percy is a strong IP but apparently people didn’t enjoy the films, you think it wouldn’t be likely for the Disney parks?

The more you know

Thanks for the info!

So since Percy is a strong IP but apparently people didn’t enjoy the films, you think it wouldn’t be likely for the Disney parks?

Someone will need to brush up on me in the subject (perhaps @quinnmac000 could), but I don't think Fox owns the film rights anymore for Percy Jackson. Even if it was being developed for Fox World, it doesn't mean it's still being developed for the park now, especially with the settlement.

Someone will need to brush up on me in the subject (perhaps @quinnmac000 could), but I don't think Fox owns the film rights anymore for Percy Jackson. Even if it was being developed for Fox World, it doesn't mean it's still being developed for the park now, especially with the settlement.
Can’t find anything online saying fox didn’t keep rights

If Disney has the rights, they don’t need to care if somebody “wants” them to do something. Disney gonna Disney.

Rick makes Disney money being signed to Hyperion books. They lose him they lose a lot of revenue. His books make bank just like Ridley Pearson. It goes with the cost of maintaining talent for a quick buck and keeping talent happy so they stay.