Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

Originally, my idea on how to "fix" this attraction was to retheme it to Ms. Frizzle's Magic School Bus. The ride system works as it's a bus and in the 360 room they could do stuff like fly up someone's nose or fly off into space. I still think it would work and the kiddies would love it. But I think I have a better idea.

Summer of Love featuring The Grateful Dead.

Ok, The Grateful Dead is from the Haight/Ashbury area of San Francisco. They were basically the house band for The Summer of Love (1967) in Golden Gate Park. They also used to travel around on Ken Kessy's bus named Further which is actually at The Smithsonian now.

f1eba2c7bcd5ebb53a0a339662f7f625_original.jpg

So repaint the busses to look like ^^^. Retheme the alley to the Haight and Ashbury district.

GettyImages-5325842551-5bff037446e0fb0051c62deb.jpg

Have the "party scene" be a Grateful Dead Concert with hippies dancing to the song Truckin'. Which is the encore. Then have the bus pull into the 360 scene playing animation that looks like the video below (start at 2:40) playing a compilation mix of dead tunes.

The exit shop could be filled with Grateful Dead and other Woodstock alum merch.

Done. Thank you, where do I pick up my check?

Originally, my idea on how to "fix" this attraction was to retheme it to Ms. Frizzle's Magic School Bus. The ride system works as it's a bus and in the 360 room they could do stuff like fly up someone's nose or fly off into space. I still think it would work and the kiddies would love it. But I think I have a better idea.

Summer of Love featuring The Grateful Dead.

Ok, The Grateful Dead is from the Haight/Ashbury area of San Francisco. They were basically the house band for The Summer of Love (1967) in Golden Gate Park. They also used to travel around on Ken Kessy's bus named Further which is actually at The Smithsonian now.

f1eba2c7bcd5ebb53a0a339662f7f625_original.jpg

So repaint the busses to look like ^^^. Retheme the alley to the Haight and Ashbury district.

GettyImages-5325842551-5bff037446e0fb0051c62deb.jpg

Have the "party scene" be a Grateful Dead Concert with hippies dancing to the song Truckin'. Which is the encore. Then have the bus pull into the 360 scene playing animation that looks like the video below (start at 2:40) playing a compilation mix of dead tunes.

The exit shop could be filled with Grateful Dead and other Woodstock alum merch.

Done. Thank you, where do I pick up my check?

Party favors at the door?

It will surely take the greatest minds at UC to come up with a fix using what they have to work with. Myself, I don't have a ghost of an idea.I don't have Dave's imagination merits...But here's what I would do: Shut down F&F as soon as Bourne opens. Universal has already reduced F&F capacity by more than half, so Bourne will pick that up. Keep the ride closed for two years while they work on the fix, whatever that may be. Keep the F&F theme and the queue can remain as it is, but eliminate the present pre shows. With all those pre shows I'd imagine this is an expensive ride to operate. Use the savings from closing it to augment whatever budget Universal can scrimp to throw at a redo. The building is already there, and it's new, so the budget for a attraction redo shouldn't be too burdensome. Re open the 'new' ride in 2022 as a marketing play to help keep the attendance stabilized before the Epic Universe grand opening. ...and, of course, park GSAT scores go up while the ride is shut down which makes everybody happy. :lol:...:)

*looks around*

I mean... when you really think about it, the solution is kinda obvious...

The RV is a bus...

London is right there...
Good IDEA. ...and solution. That's even a stronger IP than F&F. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:...now all you need is for the UC people to read the Forum today...They've posted Teebin's stuff in the past. This would be good bulletin board material....but then again, maybe someone at UC already drew the concept up. That would be cool.

Truly not trying to be snarky and I ask this genuinely:

Is there any chance this closes in the next 5 years? After Epic Universe opens this is gonna standout I feel, it already kinda does. Not sure if they’d just tear it down (can’t imagine) or re do and re-theme the ride.

Is there any chance this closes in the next 5 years? After Epic Universe opens this is gonna standout I feel, it already kinda does. Not sure if they’d just tear it down (can’t imagine) or re do and re-theme the ride.
I feel like it's likely

IMO F&F deserves a ride...Personally (everyone don't kill me) I was hoping it would replace Mummy and we'd get an all new indoor coaster

I was hoping Disaster would be converted into a new special effects type show/360 display using new trams. You could have put Godzilla or something in there and done a neat display..Or just used bits and pieces from the Lights, Camera, Action show in Singapore

I feel like it's likely

IMO F&F deserves a ride...Personally (everyone don't kill me) I was hoping it would replace Mummy and we'd get an all new indoor coaster

I was hoping Disaster would be converted into a new special effects type show/360 display using new trams. You could have put Godzilla or something in there and done a neat display..Or just used bits and pieces from the Lights, Camera, Action show in Singapore
I like your ideas so so much more

I feel like it's likely

Or bring Waterworld to Orlando--isn't it coming to Beijing?

Define closed.

Well........finally ride this thing today. Abysmally bad. How could they screw up so totally? Still in shock I spent any time anticipating this failure. Kong stopped in the last room with the screens blank today when I was on it. 2-3 minutes. Was better than f&f.......

Last edited:
I once rode F&F several months after the grand opening. I had such high hopes for this ride. My thoughts were that it would be a 2 or 4 seater (like a vehicle) and we would race/chase through L.A. or Miami. I wish Universal would revamp the attraction. We go to UO/IOA several times a year and we skip it every time.