Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

I love the use of screens in Gringotts. The problem for that ride is the abrupt ending. If they had only had another 200 feet of coaster track.......
Gringotts needed one animatronic scene and an extended coaster portion and people would be calling it the new Spiderman

Hey look actual reasons to be angry at Universal Orlando!
Good on em for trying to get some tax breaks...A small startup company like Universal needs this sometimes to stay on its feet

A business never pays taxes it's just rolled into the price of the end product. We pay all taxes in the end.
Depends on the company. Some don’t make any money, so the taxes are payed by investors in the end.

Some are owned by governments, which will sometimes subsidize the cost of the product, which means they are at least in part paying the taxes.

Either way, this is a pretty cynical view because there are other places for money to come from in a company then the consumer. Wages, salaries, dividends, stored cash, etc. are just some examples.

That’s not entirely true. The Quick Service Restaurant’s kitchen got like 10 feet bigger on the right! Lol
tenor.gif

To think this could’ve been close to done now if it stayed in USF...

The plan really didn’t change one bit despite more space.

I'm a bit conflicted on this. On one hand, having it in Epic Universe means that there's more expansion space. On the other, there was expansion space in USF if they really needed it (ET and/or Simpsons). Both parks needed a big draw. Both parks needed a crown jewel of a land. It's a weird situation. But at least we're getting it and an entire new theme park around it to boot.

I'm a bit conflicted on this. On one hand, having it in Epic Universe means that there's more expansion space. On the other, there was expansion space in USF if they really needed it (ET and/or Simpsons). Both parks needed a big draw. Both parks needed a crown jewel of a land. It's a weird situation. But at least we're getting it and an entire new theme park around it to boot.

I mean, Hogsmeade in IOA and MSHI can already qualify as crown jewels of IOA in their own right, considering the love and care that has been placed with the two of them. Especially the former, now that Hagrid's officially open and running.

Looking at the article from Coaster Kings, and it does truly make me fascinated by how small SNW will be compared to even the likes of the Universal Monsters at-launch.

904_bldg_overlay-1.jpg
P304_Overlay.jpg
So excited! Correct me if I’m wrong, but as the lines (which I know serve primarily as something else but this too) outline each of the lands and the coaster pretty perfectly, is it safe to assume fb doesn’t have expansion land? In the concept art it looks like they have some but not to the point where a full land is possible
Here's how I am to understand the layout personally. (So far, 1 out of 4 main lands correct.)

dev-plan-early-layout04.png

EDIT: Oh, but to answer your question, within that red area for FB, there's actually a 6-acre expansion spot just for FB.

Here's how I am to understand the layout personally. (So far, 1 out of 4 main lands correct.)

dev-plan-early-layout04.png

EDIT: Oh, but to answer your question, within that red area for FB, there's actually a 6-acre expansion spot just for FB.
Thanks! Also moved my post to the speculative thread since It’s treading the line haha