Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
for someone who apparently “ doesn't care” about Star Wars, you seem to give it a lot of time and attention. If I didn’t like a movie, I wouldn’t be interested in reading the leaked script of the upcoming sequel. Seems like you feel the need to constantly back up your opinion that Star Wars sucks now, by a reading and writing about Star Wars. What a waste of time.
I feel honored that you have made an entire post for me. I enjoy reading these leaks just to see how creatively bankrupt Jar Jar Abrams and those at Lucasfilm have become. It’s the conclusion to the Skywalker saga, and by the sounds of it, they literally don’t care. It’s so bad it sounds like a spoof.

I don’t care if you think it’s a waste of time. I enjoy reading up how awful this POC is going to be. Let this thing burn to the ground. They deserve all the flack and failure they’re about to receive.

There’s a rumor that they went to George Lucas to fix the movie (Just a rumor); at the test screening, the source who saw this said that the Lucas cut is up there with Empire for one of the best SW movies. But Kathleen Kennedy does not want it because reasons and wants the bad cut of the movie. IF that is true....yikes.

But hey, if you go and enjoy it, God bless you. Glad you are able to enjoy this. If you hate it, don’t say I didn’t warn you. ;)

I feel honored that you have made an entire post for me. I enjoy reading these leaks just to see how creatively bankrupt Jar Jar Abrams and those at Lucasfilm have become. It’s the conclusion to the Skywalker saga, and by the sounds of it, they literally don’t care. It’s so bad it sounds like a spoof.

I don’t care if you think it’s a waste of time. I enjoy reading up how awful this POC is going to be. Let this thing burn to the ground. They deserve all the flack and failure they’re about to receive.

There’s a rumor that they went to George Lucas to fix the movie (Just a rumor); at the test screening, the source who saw this said that the Lucas cut is up there with Empire for one of the best SW movies. But Kathleen Kennedy does not want it because reasons and wants the bad cut of the movie. IF that is true....yikes.

But hey, if you go and enjoy it, God bless you. Glad you are able to enjoy this. If you hate it, don’t say I didn’t warn you. ;)
I can guarantee you that Disney didn’t go to Lucas to fix the movie. He’s the last person they want working on the movie.

You’re also saying all this without having seen the movie or know if those rumors are true. Let’s wait and see it ourselves.

Just like in the Rise of Resistance "rumors and leaks"- take everything with a massive grain of salt. It's passing through biases and filters prior to anyone here reading about it, so it can say one thing and you view it completely different.

How people can read about a movie before seeing it and take that as the gospel is insane to me.
It's as insane as me describing a taste to somebody. Just eat it and taste it for yourself.

Just like in the Rise of Resistance "rumors and leaks"- take everything with a massive grain of salt. It's passing through biases and filters prior to anyone here reading about it, so it can say one thing and you view it completely different.

How people can read about a movie before seeing it and take that as the gospel is insane to me.
It's as insane as me describing a taste to somebody. Just eat it and taste it for yourself.
Social media is one of the worst things that ever happened. There's more fake news than real news out there. It's screwing up the whole world, and already has caused political upheavals. If anything ever cried out for regulation, Facebook, Twitter and the rest all deserve it.

Social media is one of the worst things that ever happened. There's more fake news than real news out there. It's screwing up the whole world, and already has caused political upheavals. If anything ever cried out for regulation, Facebook, Twitter and the rest all deserve it.
Legacy media (broadcast/cable) needs some new or possibly old regulations also. The worst thing that ever happened to this country is when Ronald Reagan got rid of the Fairness Doctrine. Which required news outlets to actually be fair and balanced. This gave rise to propaganda media like FOX News.

I’m just hoping for an epic light saber duel with really good choreography. The light saber duel have been lackluster in the new trilogy in my humble opinion.

Reactions: tankart150
I’m just hoping for an epic light saber duel with really good choreography. The light saber duel have been lackluster in the new trilogy in my humble opinion.
Gotta disagree there. The fight in the TLJ was the best one in the series.

and the prequels has “epic” lightsaber fights, and all those movies were trash. The OT didn’t have epic fights.

and the prequels has “epic” lightsaber fights, and all those movies were trash. The OT didn’t have epic fights.

Best shot? Yes.

Best fight? Meh... debatable. It also wasn't a straight saber to saber to fight which is what I think Snayberry wants.

Either way, I don't want the over-the-top lightsaber duels that the prequels had, but I do want a bit more than what the new trilogy has offered so far.

I mean I thought the light saber fight with Anakin vs Obi Wan in episode 3 was the best of the best. That was probably my favorite Star Wars movie. The throne room fight was cool thought in TLJ. That was probably the part I liked the most in that movie.

I mean I thought the light saber fight with Anakin vs Obi Wan in episode 3 was the best of the best. That was probably my favorite Star Wars movie. The throne room fight was cool thought in TLJ. That was probably the part I liked the most in that movie.

For me the Anakin and Obi Wan fight is like a parody. There’s that point they’re on a table and are just twirling their sabers around like batons not even trying to hit one another. The fights in the prequels are more like dances than actual combat.

Reactions: Disneyhead
If the leaks are true, Rey would be the one to kill Palpatine all on her own. That undermines the entire Jedi prophesy of Anakin bringing balance to the force. Luke’s hero’s journey, the prophesy of Anakin....all tossed down the star destroyer shaft for the sake of a poorly developed, bland, and OP character to kill Palps.

Don’t even get me started on how they treated their fan base. Calling us “sexist trolls”, “mysogonists”, “racists”...just because we don’t like the movie or certain characters.

Disney refuses to listen to the fans. Even if they are “toxic” in their eyes, they still care about the lore and most importantly, are the ones giving them the money.