Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Matrix: Resurrections

Gotta cash in on the Keanu-sance.

Not happy about the Wachowski’s returning though. They really ran Matrix 2 & 3 into the ground. Chad Stahlski would be perfect. I just want the film to be good.

Not happy about the Wachowski’s returning though. They really ran Matrix 2 & 3 into the ground. Chad Stahlski would be perfect. I just want the film to be good.
Interestingly, only one of the Wachowski's is returning.

I know it won't happen, but I hope they don't move either movie so I can do a Keanu double-feature :lol:

It wasn't until John Wick that I saw Keanu as anything but Theodore Logan. As I was watching Kenneth Branagh's Much Ado About Nothing, all I could see was Ted doing Shakespeare. "I wonder that thou, being, as thou say'st thou art, born under Saturn, goest about to apply a moral
medicine to a mortifying mischief, Dude"

That is pure Keanu-ception, and I am HERE FOR IT.
anigif_sub-buzz-21733-1558031585-7.gif

af370261f730112c89bc79c297286a65622b7febr1-480-201_hq.gif

__

An interesting thing for me, is how they have the story make sense, especially given the amount of time from the last film to now. A lot of actors have changed, and it's going to be amazing to see how they incorporate the older actors; with the likes of NPH and Abdul-Mateen II on-board.

I had to google “The Wachowski Brothers” because I couldn’t remember anything they did after the matrix outside of that terrible Channing Tatum sci-fi movie. Needless to say, they aren’t the Wachowski Brothers anymore, but simply “The Wachowskis”. As a Matrix fan born in 83 (so this was my “infinity war” to you high school and college kids); I remember watching every single blu ray special feature.

Here’s hoping they can make a great matrix film again. I actually didn’t hate the sequels. And V for Vendetta was great. But they have a 15 year span of having nothing but turds. I’m sure that has something to do with the (what I can only assume) enormous stress of their gender transitioning. So here’s hoping they’re mentally ready and in a good place for this project and can bring the Magic I know that they’re capable of.

Although this will just be Lana, who has never directed without her sister/brother. So that makes me a bit nervous.

af370261f730112c89bc79c297286a65622b7febr1-480-201_hq.gif

__

An interesting thing for me, is how they have the story make sense, especially given the amount of time from the last film to now. A lot of actors have changed, and it's going to be amazing to see how they incorporate the older actors; with the likes of NPH and Abdul-Mateen II on-board.
There's a way I could see them making the story make sense by doing the movie in and out of the matrix, and NPH makes a lot of sense to be the type of guy to play Thomas Anderson's real life friend. They also could go the de-aging route with Keanu. Or there's plenty of other ways.

I had to google “The Wachowski Brothers” because I couldn’t remember anything they did after the matrix outside of that terrible Channing Tatum sci-fi movie. Needless to say, they aren’t the Wachowski Brothers anymore, but simply “The Wachowskis”. As a Matrix fan born in 83 (so this was my “infinity war” to you high school and college kids); I remember watching every single blu ray special feature.

Here’s hoping they can make a great matrix film again. I actually didn’t hate the sequels. And V for Vendetta was great. But they have a 15 year span of having nothing but turds. I’m sure that has something to do with the (what I can only assume) enormous stress of their gender transitioning. So here’s hoping they’re mentally ready and in a good place for this project and can bring the Magic I know that they’re capable of.

Although this will just be Lana, who has never directed without her sister/brother. So that makes me a bit nervous.
The Wachowskis did Netflix's Sense8 from 2015-17. It was a great action series, imo. Cloud Atlas was also pretty good.

There's a way I could see them making the story make sense by doing the movie in and out of the matrix, and NPH makes a lot of sense to be the type of guy to play Thomas Anderson's real life friend. They also could go the de-aging route with Keanu. Or there's plenty of other ways.

The Wachowskis did Netflix's Sense8 from 2015-17. It was a great action series, imo. Cloud Atlas was also pretty good.
Cloud Atlas, while confusing, was really good IMO. It was honestly the best interpretation of the source material possible.

There’s no way the Matrix 4 will win that fight. The franchise has been tarnished by the sequels compared to the John Wick films, all three of which gave Reeves his big comeback. My money says that the former gets moved.

There’s no way the Matrix 4 will win that fight. The franchise has been tarnished by the sequels compared to the John Wick films, all three of which gave Reeves his big comeback. My money says that the former gets moved within a week from now.
Warner is trying to push their weight around, but John Wick IS Lionsgate right now. I expect John Wick to stay put and Matrix to get pushed to 2022. Most of the good 2021 release dates are taken and WB is trying to bully their way into stealing one.

I graduated High School in 1982. In 1983 I was ******* balls at a Grateful Dead concert.

Now that we got the Spider-Man trailer, I’m curious where this trailer is….have we heard anything about delays?

Now that we got the Spider-Man trailer, I’m curious where this trailer is….have we heard anything about delays?

We haven't really heard *anything* of Matrix 4. Though, that should change today with the WB Cinemacon Panel.

EDIT: The Matrix 4 has now been officially called "The Matrix: Resurrections"

Last edited: