Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Legacy media (broadcast/cable) needs some new or possibly old regulations also. The worst thing that ever happened to this country is when Ronald Reagan got rid of the Fairness Doctrine. Which required news outlets to actually be fair and balanced. This gave rise to propaganda media like FOX News.

If only all media outlets were as unbiased and accurate as MSNBC, NBC, CBS, CNN, and The NY Times, we’d all be so much better off!!

Pu-leeze.

And on topic: TFA killed Star Wars for me and my son. Regurgitated episode 4/6 plot and they managed to even have plot holes in that! Last Jedi dug up the dead body and wore it’s decaying corpse like a mask.

And then did funky uncool things to the carcass.

Two words: Leia Poppins.

If only all media outlets were as unbiased and accurate as MSNBC, NBC, CBS, CNN, and The NY Times, we’d all be so much better off!!

Pu-leeze.

And on topic: TFA killed Star Wars for me and my son. Regurgitated episode 4/6 plot and they managed to even have plot holes in that! Last Jedi dug up the dead body and wore it’s decaying corpse like a mask.

And then did funky uncool things to the carcass.

Two words: Leia Poppins.
So it's FOX, Drudge, and InfoWars against 2.3 million real news outlets.

And the NYT and the Washington Post are the 2 most reputable news sources in America.

But this is a theme park forum and not really the place for this debate.

Last edited:
Kylo Ren and Leia are still members of the Skywalker bloodline. And given how Yoda's ghost behaves in THE LAST JEDI, it would not be out of the question to imagine that Luke Skywalker (or Anakin Skywalker) may yet have some pivotal function to perform even as a spirit.

It's a very J.J. Abrams title, in the sense that it raises serious questions about what it means. We'll have to see if the movie makes the title make sense, or if it ends up just being gimmicky.

Just have him randomly in the background of every scene. Let us play "Where's the Baby?" in case the rest of the film bores us.:lol:

Film premieres tonight, very nervous/excited to hear first reactions although I may stay away. So excited, may the force be with you all this week!

I got tickets for IMAX at 9:45 EST on Thursday night.

I hope the movie is fun with great world building and interesting characters. But it’s a franchise about space wizards and it has teddy bears that kill space marines so no need to go nuts.

So impressions seem mostly positive with a few claiming maybe it’s “too big” for its own good. Can’t wait to see it and judge for myself. Will do my very best to avoid spoilers.
The folks that think the film will cause the entire fandom to collapse continue to be ridiculous.

The folks that think the film will cause the entire fandom to collapse continue to be ridiculous.
Well, TLJ already did that. I like TLJ, but having a civil conversation about it is rare.

Also, I love how people who want to hate on the Disney Star Wars movies seem to completely ignore how trashy the prequels were. This trilogy isn't at the level of the OT, but few things are. The PT is a dumpster fire. This trilogy is somewhere in-between the two trilogies imo. The worst thing about it is most of the characters after Rey, Kylo and BB-8 are all forgettable.

Well, TLJ already did that. I like TLJ, but having a civil conversation about it is rare.

Also, I love how people who want to hate on the Disney Star Wars movies seem to completely ignore how trashy the prequels were. This trilogy isn't at the level of the OT, but few things are. The PT is a dumpster fire. This trilogy is somewhere in-between the two trilogies imo. The worst thing about it is most of the characters after Rey, Kylo and BB-8 are all forgettable.

the prequel trilogy is by far worse. It’s not even a question in my mind. With the exception of Ewan Mcgregor the entire cast was terrible, likely due to the over use of green screen, and Lucas’s inability as a director and over confidence that bad takes could be “fixed in post”. Lucas was way too focused on the technology, and not the characters themselves. The movies CGI has aged badly (as most early CGI movies) and all we are left with is a boring plot, with boring characters.
It takes a special kind of mess up to make Natalie Portman look like a bad actress.

I read one twitter comment that the new film was “rude” to Rian. I can only imagine some of his more controversial plot choices have been rectified.

It would be hilarious if all the jedi started “force flying” into the sunset though.

the prequel trilogy is by far worse. It’s not even a question in my mind. With the exception of Ewan Mcgregor the entire cast was terrible, likely due to the over use of green screen, and Lucas’s inability as a director and over confidence that bad takes could be “fixed in post”. Lucas was way too focused on the technology, and not the characters themselves. The movies CGI has aged badly (as most early CGI movies) and all we are left with is a boring plot, with boring characters.
It takes a special kind of mess up to make Natalie Portman look like a bad actress.

I read one twitter comment that the new film was “rude” to Rian. I can only imagine some of his more controversial plot choices have been rectified.

It would be hilarious if all the jedi started “force flying” into the sunset though.
Well based on a new ad the stormtroopers fly so this isn't too far fetched lol.
Reviews seem mostly positive. I never expected to get a universally loved Star Wars film in this trilogy like Empire but I do think most of these reviews are pretty positive. This won't kill the Star Wars fan base and if it does Star Wars fans have no one to blame but themselves. Lets see how this plays out.

Well based on a new ad the stormtroopers fly so this isn't too far fetched lol.
Reviews seem mostly positive. I never expected to get a universally loved Star Wars film in this trilogy like Empire but I do think most of these reviews are pretty positive. This won't kill the Star Wars fan base and if it does Star Wars fans have no one to blame but themselves. Lets see how this plays out.

TLJ reviews were also most positive followed by backlash after the general public got to watch.