Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

I was able to get a day of ressie for Olga's and spend an hour in there while waiting and had lunch at docking bay. Thanks to the virtual queue I prolly spent the most money I ever have at disney in one day. You can kinda judge from the flow of the groups roughly what time you will be called and can start heading back when it gets within 5 or so if you are at another park.

I was able to get a day of ressie for Olga's and spend an hour in there while waiting and had lunch at docking bay. Thanks to the virtual queue I prolly spent the most money I ever have at disney in one day. You can kinda judge from the flow of the groups roughly what time you will be called and can start heading back when it gets within 5 or so if you are at another park.
Day of Oga's reservations are normally available, but you can't be picky with the time as the selections are usually limited.

In the future if you get a boarding pass and have a dining reservation later in the day/night just go to the restaurant when it opens and tell the host(s). I was worried about my dining reservation clashing with my boarding time and they were very accommodating at the restaurant. I’m sure each place is different, but just something to remember for people going while they’re still using the boarding pass system.

Guests also have the option of going to Epcot (or any other park), too. Epcot just makes the most sense since there's two modes of transit coming from the back of the park AND you can walk if you want. So if you have one of the later numbers, you could spend a day split between DHS and Epcot and once your number is called, you still have two hours to get back.

Only hardcore fans would do that. Without knowing when you return, few would go all the way to another park, walk all the way in, get in a line with no FP+ (always fun), and not know if they could get called when they are in the middle of an hour long Soarin or Frozen line. Getting around WDW isn't exactly fast. And not everyone wants to walk miles just to kill time.

Ideal plan is to get fastpasses for epcot. Get a boarding pass and hit everything walkon. The depending on how low of a group you are in, either go to epcot or ride rise then go to epcot.

Only hardcore fans would do that. Without knowing when you return, few would go all the way to another park, walk all the way in, get in a line with no FP+ (always fun), and not know if they could get called when they are in the middle of an hour long Soarin or Frozen line. Getting around WDW isn't exactly fast. And not everyone wants to walk miles just to kill time.
Actually I had no problem getting a BP and then heading to EPCOT. Since the Skyliner is fast, I managed to get quite a few rides in (Test Track, Soaring, Spaceship and Mexico) when I saw my boarding was close. Took the Skyliner back and arrived just as boarding came up.

Actually I had no problem getting a BP and then heading to EPCOT. Since the Skyliner is fast, I managed to get quite a few rides in (Test Track, Soaring, Spaceship and Mexico) when I saw my boarding was close. Took the Skyliner back and arrived just as boarding came up.

Considering you're a member on these forums, I think you'd fit neatly in the "hardcore" category.

The demand for Flight of Passage and even Mine Train never fully waned, wonder if this will be similar.

I think that is also a function of capacity. Very popular attractions can't survive in Florida with ~1200. Just look to Soaring and TSMM.

It seems like the sweet spot is getting an attraction over 15/1600 where lines quite drastically settle. I'd actually wager that Tron eventually will be shorter than SDMT as a result.

I think SDMT has overtaken it in Shanghai.

Ok, so I talked with a friend in the know about these questionable opening procedures and was told that the reason they are doing it is because they want the "at capacity" sign out in front of the tapstyles as early as possible because of 2 reasons. 1. The attraction is running at a low capacity. And 2. The parks capacity as a whole is pretty low and those with higher boarding groups are left wandering the park until their time is called. They want the "at capacity" signs out front early to encourage folks to go to another park instead of DHS. If they wait until the scheduled opening there would be more people who can't get on the ride in the park, and the park as a whole would be slammed.
Disney expanded the DHS parking lot as much because they didn't want so many people in a park with limited capacity? Leading up to this it sounded like they weren't going to care.

I think that is also a function of capacity. Very popular attractions can't survive in Florida with ~1200. Just look to Soaring and TSMM.

It seems like the sweet spot is getting an attraction over 15/1600 where lines quite drastically settle. I'd actually wager that Tron eventually will be shorter than SDMT as a result.

I think SDMT has overtaken it in Shanghai.
FEA says hi. The capacity for FEA is under 1200 I believe and yet the lines have gotten to a pretty stable 45-60 minute average when I pass by, which I don't consider do be too bad all things considered. If the ride had real capacity it'd be a walk on at all times.

Disney expanded the DHS parking lot as much because they didn't want so many people in a park with limited capacity? Leading up to this it sounded like they weren't going to care.
Disney made the changes to the parking lot for the long game. The park may not be fully ready for the stress everyday though, which is why they need to get started on the Pixar version of Fantasyland in Animation Courtyard (and backstage) that I want. I don't mean like a Pixar land, but like a town like area where all of the different movies sort of clash, allowing for DHS to add in a lot of smaller rides and lots of rides in close proximity to each other. The park needs an expansion ASAP.

Last edited:
Park just let in. Here’s what crowds were looking like. Pretty crazy for now being a week out after open, but I guess Hagrid had similar crowds gathered in the mornings for awhile, too. It would help if the ride was running the way it was intended and at full capacity.

Park just let in. Here’s what crowds were looking like. Pretty crazy for now being a week out after open, but I guess Hagrid had similar crowds gathered in the mornings for awhile, too. It would help if the ride was running the way it was intended and at full capacity.

This is because guests are being trained that if they don't arrive before 6am they won't get on Rise.

when you "officially" adjust the park hours..more people will show up early. Combine that with the demand and how the Virtual Boarding system works, and you will continue to see this until demand dies way down.

when you "officially" adjust the park hours..more people will show up early. Combine that with the demand and how the Virtual Boarding system works, and you will continue to see this until demand dies way down.
If you announce it, they will come.

Passes ran out out at 7:20 today btw. A new record.

I feel bad for DHS CMs that have to be ready to be operational by 6:45 or earlier for the past week. And being “ready”, means having gone through opening procedures, which means they’re probably clocking in at 5:30 or 6, which means getting up somewhere around 4:30-ish or earlier.

I feel bad for DHS CMs that have to be ready to be operational by 6:45 or earlier for the past week. And being “ready”, means having gone through opening procedures, which means they’re probably clocking in at 5:30 or 6, which means getting up somewhere around 4:30-ish or earlier.
I remember back in the day working HHN, getting home around 2am, just to turn around and come back at 6am to clock in by 7 and clean boats at Jaws before opening. Good times good times.

Judging by some friends I have there this morning, appears it was down from around roughly 7:30-8:30. Back up now though I think.

I remember back in the day working HHN, getting home around 2am, just to turn around and come back at 6am to clock in by 7 and clean boats at Jaws before opening. Good times good times.
Lol, that doesn’t happen these days. They try to avoid paying turnaround time as much as possible so even if you left at 12 or whenever HHN ended, you couldn’t work until 8am the way the company does things today.

Plus, HHN has *kinda* turned into a full time job itself. 5-6 day weeks at 45-52 hours. I’ve noticed less and less people actually work a second job while doing HHN now.