Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Q is for Quan! (Seuss Landing Alphabet)

Jun 29, 2012
Hey everybody!

On a recent trip to Seuss Landing I had the distinct pleasure of waiting for a guest of mine while they were using the restrooms, and noticed a plaque coupled with a voice clip saying "Q is for Quan, Quan is for Quandary." Which seemed really, really random to me.

My question is - Is the entire alphabet out there in this form (or similar) in Seuss Landing? I assume this is a quote from one of Seuss' books, in an effort to squeeze a reference out of every story he wrote. It seems weird that they have highlighted the letter Q, though.

Does anyone else have any information behind this Quandary?

I have heard this phrase so many times. It’s like a joke with my group every time we go now.

I don’t know about anything else though. Other sound bites are near the Zachs by Pass and near the Beach though. You can find a ton just wandering around the whole park.

Fun Fact: there’s a troll under the bridge (audio) near the entrance to Lost Continent on the North side of Mythos near the lagoon.

Hey everybody!

On a recent trip to Seuss Landing I had the distinct pleasure of waiting for a guest of mine while they were using the restrooms, and noticed a plaque coupled with a voice clip saying "Q is for Quan, Quan is for Quandary." Which seemed really, really random to me.

My question is - Is the entire alphabet out there in this form (or similar) in Seuss Landing? I assume this is a quote from one of Seuss' books, in an effort to squeeze a reference out of every story he wrote. It seems weird that they have highlighted the letter Q, though.

Does anyone else have any information behind this Quandary?
I have often wondered this myself as it is the only letter that is given a word....My speculation is it was a chosen word by the design team as they had to overcome the quandry of bringing Suess to life

Almost the Joe Sez No of Suess Landing

This feels like National Treasure - We got J and Q, what words can we make? And yeah, what IS “Joe Sez No”?!

I'll let someone else give the backstory, but...

Diagon_Joe_Sez_No.JPG

Is the entire alphabet out there in this form (or similar) in Seuss Landing? I assume this is a quote from one of Seuss' books ....

Your assumption is correct. Quan (and 18 other "new" letters) are from Seuss' 1955 book "On Beyond Zebra." It's my favorite Seuss title and one I think everyone (not just children) should read. It's pure brilliance. Copies can be obtained through various used book sellers; there's a lot of information about it on the Internet (just search the title). Attached are images of the original book cover and the whole alphabet (plus 1).

Attachments

• On Beyond Zebra cover.jpg
    On Beyond Zebra cover.jpg
    286.6 KB · Views: 5
  • On Beyond Zebra alphabet.png
    On Beyond Zebra alphabet.png
    131.6 KB · Views: 5