Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

I once rode F&F several months after the grand opening. I had such high hopes for this ride. My thoughts were that it would be a 2 or 4 seater (like a vehicle) and we would race/chase through L.A. or Miami. I wish Universal would revamp the attraction. We go to UO/IOA several times a year and we skip it every time.
Or even San Francisco.....

I once rode F&F several months after the grand opening. I had such high hopes for this ride. My thoughts were that it would be a 2 or 4 seater (like a vehicle) and we would race/chase through L.A. or Miami. I wish Universal would revamp the attraction. We go to UO/IOA several times a year and we skip it every time.
I can't imagine not knowing the ride system this is using and then what I would think after....You must've been so dissapointed haha

Finally got to experience this for myself last week and went in with a 'it'll be so bad it'll be fun' kinda mentality. Its not even that, it's harrowingly bad. I just hated every moment of it, despite team members making every effort to make the pre-shows fun. I'd feel really bad for a kid or any fan of this franchise to go on this with high epectations of a fun attraction and experiencing this.

Having said that, my wife enjoyed it...

She must've been seated away from the Co2 cannons. They're genuinely the worst part of any attraction in Orlando. I'd be curious as to where they chart on a decibel meter.
Those are the best part of the ride though, especially when they're turned up

I can't imagine not knowing the ride system this is using and then what I would think after....You must've been so dissapointed haha
The queue is well done. But a queue should not be better than the ride in my opinion. I really was excited for this ride. Taking pics and posing by the vehicles. Got off the ride and was like WTH? Truely surprised when a party bus rolled up. Maybe this should be turned into Speed? Or an apocalyptic ride experience from Mad Max , Resident Evil, or Walking Dead. I wanted this ride to be so much fun just like the F&F movie franchise. Whomp ,Whomp.

Pretty sure it was already running on reduced capacity when I was there two weeks ago. I just walked straight to load from single rider and waited 2-3 minutes for the next PARTY BUS to arrive.
Yeah, I believe it's generally been on reduced capacity for over a year already. Down to one bus, instead of two strung together, plus they probably reduce the number of buses on line depending on crowd size. So it's at the most 50% of capacity, and maybe even significantly less than 50% at times.....Not sure of what they're doing during the Christmas rush though.

I'm just wondering how long it'll be before the pre-shows stop being staffed and rails are put up to continue the queue. If this goes seasonal, I highly doubt Universal will want to deal with seasonal performers (unless those two roles are staffed by normal ops). Scrapping the performers means three fewer employees to be staffed (2 actors+1 ops before them)

I'm just wondering how long it'll be before the pre-shows stop being staffed and rails are put up to continue the queue. If this goes seasonal, I highly doubt Universal will want to deal with seasonal performers (unless those two roles are staffed by normal ops). Scrapping the performers means three fewer employees to be staffed (2 actors+1 ops before them)
I heard those positions are not 'entertainment' but rather, general ops..So it would be the equivalent of someone ushering you into a pre-show anyway

Not sure the truth to that