Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway (DHS) | Page 44 | Inside Universal Forums

Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway (DHS)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
With the more info and tidbits we've been getting on this attraction, the more excited I'm getting for it. This could be a really good sleeper hit, since there's a nice bit of potential of them really playing with the projection mapping and the morphing physical objects. (Assuming the latter is actually incorporated into the attraction based off that test they showed off way back.)

It should come as no surprise that the ride looks good since Disney has shown so much confidence in it. They’ve already announced a clone going to DL and according to Martin, the ride is going to DLP as well.

DLP as in the actual Disneyland Paris park, or WDS? If it's WDS, then holy hell that park is getting everything Disney can build.

Reactions: frank_1991_
With the more info and tidbits we've been getting on this attraction, the more excited I'm getting for it. This could be a really good sleeper hit, since there's a nice bit of potential of them really playing with the projection mapping and the morphing physical objects. (Assuming the latter is actually incorporated into the attraction based off that test they showed off way back.)
I think it's going to be a huge hit. Kids and Families cant ride Rise but they can ride this!

Runaway Railway is pretty much the Rise of the Resistance of family-friendly rides. It uses a lot of the same tech, but for fun instead of “fear”.

It’s funny to me that these two rides are opening in the same park, back to back.

Interested to see how the moving set pieces mix with the projection mapping. They can change the scene from one location to another, while you’re in it, and it should be mind blowing. And I’m excited for an original song on a ride again. It’s going to be great.

Runaway Railway is pretty much the Rise of the Resistance of family-friendly rides. It uses a lot of the same tech, but for fun instead of “fear”.

It’s funny to me that these two rides are opening in the same park, back to back.

Interested to see how the moving set pieces mix with the projection mapping. They can change the scene from one location to another, while you’re in it, and it should be mind blowing. And I’m excited for an original song on a ride again. It’s going to be great.
Ratatouille was never gonna be a mind-blowing E (we know what it is), but opening after both Rise AND Runaway Railway is really gonna make it seem like the red headed step-child from day 1.

Heh, all these new rides are the same !!!................................................................................................................................................................just joking :lol:

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Just realized, I’m addition to back to back in DHS... won’t this also be opening at Disneyland following Rise there too?

Reactions: Dhdhddh
Just realized, I’m addition to back to back in DHS... won’t this also be opening at Disneyland following Rise there too?
As far as additions at Disneyland Park, yes - back-to-back. But nothing close to what's we're seeing at DHS. The attractions are opening 3.5 months apart at DHS. It will be over 2 years apart (possibly closer to 3 years depending on when in 2022 the ride opens) between openings at DL.

Also, unlike WDW, there will be other additions in-between at the resort with Avengers Campus opening in 2020 over at DCA

Reactions: Alicia
It's sort of amazing how DHS seems like it'll have three of the best rides out of the entire resort next year in Runaway Railway, Tower of Terror, and Rise of the Resistance. DHS of all the parks lmao. And the other rides aren't bad either (Star Tours and Millennium Falcon are good, RnRC is great, all of the Toy Story rides are good even if they're not the longest in the world).

The future is looking up for this park. Hopefully that black-box dark ride is good and that Indy expansion starts up soon.
Flight of Passage would like to have a word with you..

Flight of Passage would like to have a word with you..
Flight of Passage is a good ride, but Better than Tower? Rise? No. I expect MMRR to be better than FoP as well. Flight of Passage is in the back half of WDW's Top 10 depending if it even fits into a Top 10 imo.

It's a fun ride that I really enjoy, but it's vastly overrated simply because DAK has so few rides and Pandora is the only new thing there in the past decade+.

Flight of Passage is a good ride, but Better than Tower? Rise? No. I expect MMRR to be better than FoP as well. Flight of Passage is in the back half of WDW's Top 10 depending if it even fits into a Top 10 imo.

It's a fun ride that I really enjoy, but it's vastly overrated simply because DAK has so few rides and Pandora is the only new thing there in the past decade+.
Tower is trash compared to FOP. Change it to Mission Breakout already. :bolt:

Yes, I agree with you. After two more rides on FOP, after my initial ride last year, I still really like the attraction, but would rank it lower than I did after my first ride. Just shows why it's better to do reviews after a few rides on an attraction. By my third ride it really became obvious that it was just a souped up version of Simpson's/BTTF with a screen that had way better clarity. Seeing all the other people on the ride when you barely tilt your head when sitting off center,and the edges of the screen, really downgrades the immersion. But I still think it's a very good attraction, but WDW has better.

Last edited:
Tower is trash compared to FOP. Change it to Mission Breakout already. :bolt:

Oof at this hot take. Tower is great because of it's stunning atmosphere/vibe in the horror/suspense theme. You don't find that often. Don't get me wrong, Mission Breakout looks fun and all, but it'd be a lesser version of the ride we already have.