Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Alicia is the FB expansion that narrow land in the art or a wider piece of land towards the back?
The FB expansion would be included in the red zone in this image. The gray would be a new pathway leading to a completely new land, that has yet to be determined. They're leaving that for the future.

dev-plan-early-layout04.png

The FB expansion would be included in the red zone in this image. The gray would be a new pathway leading to a completely new land, that has yet to be determined. They're leaving that for the future.

dev-plan-early-layout04.png
No but what I’m saying is in the original concept art you can see the road (it’s a road right) that separates the FB lands plot and the future expansion land(s) plot and there seems to be a narrow expansion land on the FB side in the concept art next to the road, is that what you’re referring to?

No but what I’m saying is in the original concept art you can see the road (it’s a road right) that separates the FB lands plot and the future expansion land(s) plot and there seems to be a narrow expansion land on the FB side in the concept art next to the road, is that what you’re referring to?
There's an access road in these plans separating the red area and gray area as well. FB expansion is not on this side. It would be closer to the hotel. And that access road is for backstage and emergency vehicles to get into the middle of the park faster (the spider legs in the plans).

EDIT: Actually maybe now that you mention it, but I always assumed it was the square patches of green behind the false facades on the side closer to the hotel, as the bottom facades actually have shops in them. There may be backstage areas between the road and the land that aren't pictured in the art for artistic reasons, but if not, yea, it could be on that side—or split between both?

Also, I was looking around the new permit images and zooming in. So far, so much for the concept art not matching the plans even in the hub...

other-structures904.jpg

Last edited:
So by the new permits we can say that not all of the hub was reconfigured? Only some parts?
Probably, but the permits do say they’re not yet ready for construction, so things can change yet.

It’s that darn space building on the right I don’t believe is real lol!

There's an access road in these plans separating the red area and gray area as well. FB expansion is not on this side. It would be closer to the hotel. And that access road is for backstage and emergency vehicles to get into the middle of the park faster (the spider legs in the plans).

EDIT: Actually maybe now that you mention it, but I always assumed it was the square patches of green behind the false facades on the side closer to the hotel, as the bottom facades actually have shops in them. There may be backstage areas between the road and the land that aren't pictured in the art for artistic reasons, but if not, yea, it could be on that side—or split between both?

Also, I was looking around the new permit images and zooming in. So far, so much for the concept art not matching the plans even in the hub...

View attachment 11306

Ok Alicia one building.

Ok Alicia one building.
Most of the walkway shape, the structure to the right of Nintendo, the carousel octagon thing and the shops across from it are more than 1 thing. It matches the art pretty darn closely. The only big difference I see is added walkway bits like an addition of entry/exit heading towards the octagon.

I’m just saying, the concept art still doesn’t appear to be made up in this corner of the hub. Stands to reason it isn’t elsewhere as well.

Edit: Other round structures across from SNW entrance appear to be there too. I just didn’t wanna clutter up the pic with tons of arrows.

I love Seuss, too! I always have to walk by Sneech Beach, and if I'm taking a new friend I force them to go through "If I Ran The Zoo" and they love it. All I mean is that it's not themed to any particular book of Seuss' - it's not WhoVille, per se, it's an amalgam like Fantasyland. Like Super Hero Island, it is a city themed to the source material but not taken from any one book or movie, like Battu and the Valley of Mo'ara.
I'm 24 years old and "If I Ran the Zoo" is one of my favorite things at the entire resort.

middleearth16e.png

Hey everyone :wave:

Ever since I first visited the Hobbiton Movie set in New Zealand back in 2002, I have been fascinated by the idea of visiting Middle Earth.

Above is some artwork of a Tolkien Land concept that I drew. I designed it so that it would fit into Epic Universe's expansion plot between HTTYD and Fantastic Beasts.

This is just a rough idea of how I would envision a Middle Earth themed land to look. I chose the Shire [Hobbiton] and Rivendell as a) they're visited in both the LotR and the Hobbit trilogies and b) I think they could both be realistically translated into a functioning theme park land.

Hobbiton would feature a barrel-themed advanced boat ride, and Rivendell would have an attraction that is sort of a hybrid between Peter Pan and Soarin' that would fly around other Middle Earth locations. Both areas of the land would feature dining, shops and entertainment.

I really hope Universal can somehow sort out a deal with the Tolkien estate/WB for the rights to the Middle Earth IP as I think it would be an amazing asset to their lineup of franchises that they have!

Forgive me for the painting being quite crude, my Photoshop trial was ending so I sort of rushed the last bit

I hope you guys like it! What do you think?

View attachment 11316

Ever since I first visited the Hobbiton Movie set in New Zealand back in 2002, I have been fascinated by the idea of visiting Middle Earth.

Above is some artwork of a Tolkien Land concept that I drew. I designed it so that it would fit into Epic Universe's expansion plot between HTTYD and Fantastic Beasts.

This is just a rough idea of how I would envision a Middle Earth themed land to look. I chose the Shire [Hobbiton] and Rivendell as a) they're visited in both the LotR and the Hobbit trilogies and b) I think they could both be realistically translated into a functioning theme park land.

Hobbiton would feature a barrel-themed advanced boat ride, and Rivendell would have an attraction that is sort of a hybrid between Peter Pan and Soarin' that would fly around other Middle Earth locations. Both areas of the land would feature dining, shops and entertainment.

I really hope Universal can somehow sort out a deal with the Tolkien estate/WB for the rights to the Middle Earth IP as I think it would be an amazing asset to their lineup of franchises that they have!

Forgive me for the painting being quite crude, my Photoshop trial was ending so I sort of rushed the last bit

WOW! that's really all I can say

View attachment 11316

Very well done and thought out. Incredibly job my friend!

Status
Not open for further replies.