Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Project for Dinoland?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m actually on board with this. I also don’t think it’s coincidental that its closing “seasonally” right when they’re trying to cut costs.

My understanding is there’s several things going on with the ride, including a possible employee injury/incident. Combine that with parts becoming hard to acquire and low guest capacity I see it going soon.

My understanding is there’s several things going on with the ride, including a possible employee injury/incident. Combine that with parts becoming hard to acquire and low guest capacity I see it going soon.
As long as they replace it then I’m cool with it. If they leave it SBNO then we’ve got issues.

This coaster has had so many issues + injuries that I'm shocked they didn't close it years ago.

I'll miss it a little bit. I hope they don't just leave that spot empty. It'll remind me even more that DinoLand is just a parking lot.

This coaster has had so many issues + injuries that I'm shocked they didn't close it years ago.

I'll miss it a little bit. I hope they don't just leave that spot empty. It'll remind me even more that DinoLand is just a parking lot.
It's literally the worst, and I don't blame them one bit for closing it

Not sure if anyone is aware but over here in the UK we have many of the same type of ride as Primeval Whirl. They exist at pretty much every second rate amusement park and fairground in the country. Around the time Primeval Whirl closed there was an accident at one of our amusement parks with the same ride type where a child was thrown from the ride at height. The investigation is still ongoing.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this is (partially or wholly) the cause of the ride closing.

It’s definitely nothing to do with parts no longer being available, the Reverchon/Zamperla spinning mouse is still in production today so parts are plentiful.

Dinoland is one of the single biggest missed opportunities WDW has ever seen. "Walt Disney World presents Dinosaurs!" should be one of the most fun experiences in all 4 parks, and what did they make of it? A cracked parking lot lined with cheap carnival games, an off the shelf Wild Mouse coaster, and a Dumbo clone. Dinosaur/CtE is great, but it ain't enough to make this stinker of a land not stick out like a sore thumb among the rest of beautiful Animal Kingdom.

That area of the park could have so much potential if you get rid of the lame tourist trap theme they decided to go with. Bulldoze that area, build that esculvator (spelling) roller coaster we have been hearing about for a decade and add another D or C ticket and you’ve got yourself an amazing land.

Always thought it would be cool to have a jungle cruise like ride based on Dinos there...but without the corney jokes.

Go ahead and keep triceratops spin it has a small footprint and kiddies love the spinner rides.

Status
Not open for further replies.