Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

I have pictures of it running with either someone on it while it was 56 degrees. Eitherway, its progress. They'll be up later this week.

I had read somewhere a rumor that after Christmas that they would be installing more trains and the people mover would be functional, but it doesn't seem like that is happening. I checked the wait times for today and it was 150 minutes! I wish they would get express for this ride.

Currently 50 degrees and Rockt IS open with a 120 minute wait. All the LEDs are on and it looks great. Can't wait to experience it at night.

Oh my lord, 180 minutes for Rockit??? I'm not waiting 3 hours for any ride. Top wait time ever for me was 2 hours for Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point, and Rockit is no TTD!

Yeah, it isn't the first time it has been that long. This year during RTU it also got up to 180 minutes. The best part was that single riders was only 15 minutes long. :lol:

If I wanted to ride this, I'm guessing I should be there in the morning first thing? I'm going Sunday, so I assume crowds won't be that bad as everyone else is heading home by that time since the holidays are pretty much over.

I just hope it's even open, and after reading over this thread it seems to be hit and [mostly] miss.

Here's a picture of HRRR last night.

HRRR-Light-Streak.jpg

That is 4 exposures merged together in order to get a continuous light streak, hence why it looks like more than one train. Also the stage lights were on because they were doing the lighting programing for tonight's New Year's Eve show.

Great night snapshot of Rockit! I am seriously still thinking of trying this ride out.

Do it. A year ago I wouldn't go on any type of roller coaster. Now, I will go on any roller coaster in Florida. The only scary part of the ride is the lift hill, and the rest is smooth sailing. If you do convince yourself though, do it at night.