Disaster rehab soon? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Disaster rehab soon?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
To bump an old thread up, Disaster! will be closing for refurbishment on Sunday, January 3. While details of this refurbishment remain unknown, it is expected to last until April.

Hony shnikies if it lasts until April that is nuts. Something signifcant whill change, or budget cuts for attractions has gotten even worse. Notice that is right around the time it will take for Potter to be ready.

A guy on the Disboards emailed Universal to find out what attractions would be down when he went at the end of January. The Universal rep replied that Disaster would be down. So I got the idea to email them about my trip two weeks later. The rep said no rides would be down. If that is accurate, the rehab is only one month.

A guy on the Disboards emailed Universal to find out what attractions would be down when he went at the end of January. The Universal rep replied that Disaster would be down. So I got the idea to email them about my trip two weeks later. The rep said no rides would be down. If that is accurate, the rehab is only one month.

I talked to someone who works at the attraction while at the park recently. They said 3 months.

That is one long rehab. Disaster opened 2 months after Earthquake closed, so either it is a big refurb or it isn't going to be until April.

Last edited:
I think they are going to most likely fix the de-railed train, replace old mech, wires,est... Make the ride more beliveable again.

That's good because Disaster's train could use some love. The attraction in general could, even though others need the TLC more I am glad that it should come back looking better than it has in a long time. All the water, heat and general wear take a toll on that thing.

When I was out at USF on the 30th there was a lot of work happening in the back of house area just past where the HHN queues go for the Disaster house. Lots of welding it seemed like.

photos from yesterday:

100_7006.JPG

100_7007.JPG

100_7009.JPG

100_7010.JPG

It will reopen spring 2010.
Other Universal Studios pictures at OTPN.

From Screamscape:
Work is moving right along on the lengthy Disaster rehab it seems, and yesterday insiders noticed that the refurbished trams were back on site and being lifted by crane back into the attraction. It wont be ready to reopen anytime soon however as I believe the plan is to reopen it just before the busy Spring Break season

I've heard rumors it will open late next month, and it'll be great to have it back! :)