Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 104 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Bumpy can be. Also, the speakers fade in-and-out, and the yellow padding around the speaker is coming off. On the part where you fly through the old Ghostbusters FireHouse, I slammed my head really hard on the seat, and drew blood.

Bumpy can be. Also, the speakers fade in-and-out, and the yellow padding around the speaker is coming off. On the part where you fly through the old Ghostbusters FireHouse, I slammed my head really hard on the seat, and drew blood.

If that is true I hope you filed a report, because things like that need to be reported.

If that is true I hope you filed a report, because things like that need to be reported.

Yea, thats a law suit right there...Its not your fault, its Universal's.

some of these trains run really smooth and some are just nuts. if someone is injured because of the ride, i'm sure universal will look into train improvements.

The ride seems to have been fully functional in extremely cold conditions for almost two weeks now. I have been checking the wait times frequently over the holidays out of curiosity and because I enjoy this ride thoroughly. I have seen no down time over the last few weeks. Perhaps Universal's confidence in the ride is growing and that is why the ride now operates in as low as 45* weather when just a few weeks ago it was reported it wouldn't operate in less than 60* weather (I believe it was 60*). I am growing more confident that the moving walkway will be open in the relatively near future.

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but id rather be an optimist and be proven wrong than the opposite.

it's just the whole "plagued-with-problems-since-inception" that makes everyone here a pessimist. although i really hope they get this thing running full on by the time HP opens at IOA.

Rode it 5 times over crimbo and the new year, got the bumpy train twice and believe me when yer sat at the back its awful. It felt like if you are constantly banging your head against the back of the seat. However when you get a smooth train its totally different and is amazing in the front row with Motley blasting in your ear

I've heard the bumpy train go in front of BMG. I've never ridden in "the bumpy train" though, and I've ridden HRRR about 4-5 times. If I have I've never noticed it. I'm pretty sure I've only ridden in the back row once, and it was fine. I'll pay more attention to it on my next trip.

I went to Universal on the 4th of january with Rockit was only running 3 trains with a standy-by wait of 90-120 min all day! I was lucky enough to get 2 rides on it, including night ride with the rough train, wasnt too bad but yeh was rough!:bang:

Last edited:
Unfortunally no but we were one of the first ones in line when the attraction had opened only waiting about 20 min! the single rider line was open all day though!

Wow! Hopefully they have this ride running smoothly for WWoHP opening. Wouldn't it be nice to see this ride operating with 5 trains, the loading thing working and the express line open?! I am new to this topic fyi so I don't know if it was mentioned that they had opened the express line.

No, unfortunately the Express line for HRRR is still closed, with no words about it yet!
Maybe they are concerned about the wait times, that will increase a lot for the stand-by line (which are already enormously long!!)

No, unfortunately the Express line for HRRR is still closed, with no words about it yet!
Maybe they are concerned about the wait times, that will increase a lot for the stand-by line (which are already enormously long!!)

^ Agreed, they need to open-up the express.

I went to Universal on the 4th of january with Rockit was only running 3 trains with a standy-by wait of 90-120 min all day! I was lucky enough to get 2 rides on it, including night ride with the rough train, wasnt too bad but yeh was rough!:bang:

Wow, what happened to the smooth tech they promised? :shrug:

I went to Universal Studios late August of last year on the week they had just opened it.. I went there and found a huge line! I waited even though the ride was still closed.. About a half hour later it was opened and we got in the actual line.. It kept breaking down and opening back up. It broke down for like 30 minutes and we decided to leave. It was a shame that we wasted 3 + hours for that because later in the day it got rainy and started to storm. I only got 3 rides in. IT was a big disappointment especially since it was my friends first time there! When I go this August I hope the express line will be open because we will be staying on location and we will be getting free express passes :D