Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 185 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I found an interesting comment that was made on the Exploring attractions channel. Scott said here at around the 8:28 mark that a studio tour guide had commented recently that "Universal is ahead of schedule in regards to the early 2023 opening time frame." Hope this means that a soft opening is still on the table for November or December.

Last edited:
I'm going to be honest, I'm a little disappointed they didn't take better advantage of the whole multi-level gimmick (especially with how little space Hollywood has to work with). I feel like Bowser's Challenge not being on the same level as the entrance (as it is in Osaka) might cause some accessibility issues for guests.

Reactions: Freak
I'm going to be honest, I'm a little disappointed they didn't take better advantage of the whole multi-level gimmick (especially with how little space Hollywood has to work with). I feel like Bowser's Challenge not being on the same level as the entrance (as it is in Osaka) might cause some accessibility issues for guests.

Can I ask what you mean by accessibility issues? I would assume they will have elevators as needed to assist guests who can’t use stairs?

Reactions: Pacific
Finally I'm curious what is going on here, seemingly for the interactive games but looks like another turret like on Bowsers castle but with it's own flag pole:
View attachment 16840
This smaller castle structure will be the entrance to the Bowser Jr. boss challenge level. Japan has the same mini turret in front of their icy winter section of the land.. it just looks different here bc Japans is attached to bowsers castle and in Hollywood its across the land on the bottom floor. The only thing I find very interesting in Hollywood's version is that there seems to be a second floor that takes guests outside on a balcony area. Japan definitely does not have that.

I actually think this looks worse if they just leave the blue, lol.
I would prefer they do a bit more. Draw some more artsy stuff on there that fits the theme and look, but even if it is just blue, I can at the very least imagine the blue as the sky behind the rolling hills rather than being taken fully out of it by the gray.

I doubt they're leaving it at blue. Pretty sure that's just the first layer

Yeah--I'm having to wonder if they'll have a planter to the right side, especially as the exit for SNW won't be at this position but instead over at Jurassic. Would allow them to blend it in better, and to allow a proper backstage gate to then be formed once the time comes.

Curious as to if the blue section is visible inside the land?

Otherwise it looks quite goofy to have one blue building in the middle of 50 sound stages..
The blue section probably isn't visible from the land. See the warp pipe entrance there? My guess is this will eventually be a mural.

If its blue with clouds on it...maybe that will look better.

Strange they are painting this and didn't do much to SLOP which is facing the entrance side of the park

Reactions: BriefCasey