“Spend & Get” | Inside Universal Forums

“Spend & Get”

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

bobwadd

V.I.P. Member
Feb 20, 2010
You never know
From "Universal News"

Revenue Operations Introduces “Spend & Get” Gift Card Program at UO Merchandise Locations

Guests Who Spend $50 or More Get a Free $10 Gift Card

As part of Revenue Operations’ new “Spend & Get” Gift Card Program, guests who spend $50 (pre-tax and after any discounts) or more on merchandise in a single transaction will receive a free $10 gift card. Guests will not receive multiple gift cards for each $50 spent in a single transaction. For example, guests who spend $100 in a single transaction will only receive one card. The promotion began on January 18 and will continue with an undetermined end date. Once the promotion ends, all outstanding gift cards will be honored and may be redeemed at any time. The cards will not expire.

Where is Spend & Get offered ?

The promotion will be offered at all Universal Orlando Resort owned and operated merchandise locations. This includes CityWalk and offsite locations. Gift cards may be redeemed for use throughout Universal Resort in accordance with the existing gift card redemption program.

Are there any exclusions ?

• The promotion will not be offered at Merchandise Games or Vending Cart locations.
• Purchases of Meal Deal, Express Passes, and UO Gift Cards cannot be applied toward the promotion.
• This offer cannot be combined with any other promotions.
• Team Members are not qualified to participate in the promotion.
• Transactions cannot be combined in order to qualify for a gift card.
• Purchases made with the Spend & Get gift card cannot be applied toward the qualification of a new card.

I hope this gets some serious coverage. After what Disney did to their APs Merchandise discount, for Universal to give everyone 20% merchanise purchases is a pretty strong contrast. That 20% looks to be on top of a Uni AP discount as well. Now is the time for me to stock up on some gear!

I heard "gift card" a few times today in the WWoHP stores, but just thought it was that people had bought them... Well, wow! This is just... wow! Who would have thought a theme park would offer this? Craziness! Must mean Uni must be getting so much profits that they don't know what to do with it! :lol: Awesome deal! :thumbs: