10 Years on IU | Inside Universal Forums

10 Years on IU

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Aug 15, 2014
--Classified--
Hello!

About 15 years ago I found what was then called Orlando United. A group of people who shared my interests in theme parks and love the Orlando parks just as much as I did. I was an avid lurker. Listening to the podcast (those Real or Fake segments were legendary), reading HateToFly's rumors and speculation, and learning so much about the parks and their history from you all, this is a magical place.

Exactly 10 years ago today I created my account. I finally joined the discussion and speculation that had been gripping my attention for years. You all made me feel truly included. No question was too dumb, and all perspectives were appreciated. From Screenz and #ThanksShanghai, to bluesky daydreams and on the ground reporting.

Today, I am honestly less active than I once was. Many of you probably don't even recognize my name if you've joined the past few years. I've again become mostly a lurker as my responsibilities have increased irl, and I've moved away from Orlando. But, I still avidly read the forum. You all connect me back to one of my earliest passions. A time of my life I truly miss, and one I hope to engage with more significantly in the future.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you! Thank you to Brian and mods for keeping this all together and thank you to everyone on the forum for just being you! Not too many forums of any community are still this active as social media has grown in prominence, so IU stands as a grand exception to the rule.

Here's to another 10 years! :cheers: I'll see you around the forums and the parks

Last edited: