12 Days of Disney Parks Christmas - Announcements/Updates | Inside Universal Forums

12 Days of Disney Parks Christmas - Announcements/Updates

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nick

Staff
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
Beginning tomorrow, we’re launching our first-ever 12 Days of Disney Parks Christmas here on the blog featuring daily updates on exciting new offerings coming to Walt Disney Parks & Resorts in 2018 and beyond.

From December 5 through December 16, we’re unveiling exclusive new details about events, entertainment, attractions and more at the Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, as well as new offerings aboard Disney Cruise Line.

And each day, you’ll be able to read about the news right here on the Disney Parks Blog. Updates will include:

• Never-before-seen images and video
  • New resort hotel experiences
  • Delectable new dining options
  • Special Disney Parks events
  • Updates about new attractions announced at D23 Expo
The first of our special “12 Days of Disney Parks Christmas” begins Tuesday, December 5, at 11 a.m., so be sure to check back. And then continue to visit daily for first looks at some of the great projects and updates coming to Disney Parks and Resorts.

12 Days of Disney Parks Christmas Series to Feature Daily Announcements About New Offerings | Disney Parks Blog

I have a feeling that this is going to end up being a wet fart and is mostly a media stunt to re-announce everything from D23, but if we find out more about GotG (or the space restaurant! Or the Future World redo!) and we get some concept art out of this then it's fine.

Daily Announcements:
Day 1: Pixar Fest Updates & Concepts

Day 2: Caribbean Beach Resort Updates & Concepts

Day 3: DCA Food & Wine Festival expanded to Six Weeks
Toy Story Land to open April 26th at Shanghai Disneyland

Day 4: Disney Skyliner Update & Concepts
Hong Kong Disneyland Castle Renovation Update & Concepts

Day 5: "The Spirit of Moana" at Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa

Day 6: International Festival of the Arts Performers announced

Day 7: Up-themed show to replace Flights of Wonder in Spring 2018

Day 8: 12 Days of Disney Parks Christmas: All New Star Wars Day at Sea Experiences Revealed | Disney Parks Blog

Day 9: 12 Days of Disney Parks Christmas: New Details Revealed for Terralina Crafted Italian, Coming to Disney Springs in Early 2018 | Disney Parks Blog

Day 10: Pixar Pier Update & Scale Model

Day 11: Incredicoaster Update & Video

Day 12: Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Update

Last edited:
I rule these out,

• Pixar Pier - Information has already hit for a month, and you don't need to talk about it as much as per say Toy Story Land
  • HKDL Frozen/Avengers Attractions (Excluding Ant-Man) - There are bigger fish to fry, and if HKDL gets any update, it'll to be to shed some light on Ant Light-year.
  • Secrets of the Empire - The Star Wars Show has already had a large presence for it in a recent episode, and it doesn't need to get anything more, as it'll be opening in separate times (WDW first, DL second).
  • TDL New Fantasyland - Enough already exists for that and it's Tomorrowland addition, with no information of Soarin, which I have to think will be opening earlier. It'd make more sense to talk about Soarin than NFL.
I expect similar beats to play, but I expect timelines to be given for WDW IMO. I also expect SDL and DHS to have opening dates for Toy Story Land announced, to be close to eachother, and I bet more will be talked about to Galaxy's Edge to hype up the land and to primarily hype up TLJ coming out this month. What that is, is anyone's guess.

Honestly, if I was in Disney's spot, announce Coco now. The film is a universal hit, and is even being loved by China. I would not be surprised if they make a public announcement for the Grand Fiesta Tour replacement during these few days.

The only announcement I can see if they do anything for Paris, is Mission Breakout for 2019. And I fully expect California outside of Galaxy's Edge to be in cold feet.

Reactions: Jones14
There has to be at lease one Star Wars related announcement in here. Possibly more details on the new hotel? I highly doubt we will get any new ride announcements. If we are lucky we will get some new concept art for GOTG Epcot.

My educated guess is this will add details to known things and announcements of some VERY small things. Think “new Star Wars lightsaber show at DHS” and “here’s the opening date for Toy Story Land”.

As expected, low-scale announcement, but nice to see they're adding new floats to the parade I guess.

Holy crap, these announcements are even less exciting then I could have imagined. Next time just do a "12 days of March" or something. Equating these to "Christmas" is tarnishing the holiday.

Holy crap, these announcements are even less exciting then I could have imagined. Next time just do a "12 days of March" or something. Equating these to "Christmas" is tarnishing the holiday.

I think they will throw in something good in there near the end to make the whole exercise not feel like a giant waste of everybody's time.

I think they will throw in something good in there near the end to make the whole exercise not feel like a giant waste of everybody's time.
New super themed restrooms for Tron. Sit on stationary bikes in front of the urinals. ;) Guest appearance by Moaning Myrtle (with special Universal permission in exchange for MCU rights.....even exchange).

New super themed restrooms for Tron. Sit on stationary bikes in front of the urinals. ;) Guest appearance by Moaning Myrtle (with special Universal permission in exchange for MCU rights.....even exchange).

That will require some fine tuning on your target practise.

Reactions: Mad Dog