13 Disney Classics Getting Live-Action Remakes? | Inside Universal Forums

13 Disney Classics Getting Live-Action Remakes?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

ChristopherSE

Platinum Member
Jul 12, 2009
NJ -> Orlando
These Are All The Classic Disney Movies Getting Live-Action Remakes

I stumbled upon this article that listed all the Disney classics getting live-action remakes, sequels, or spin-offs and I didn't realize there were so many. But I'm also wondering how many of these projects are actually happening and are affiliated with Disney. The Little Mermaid movie is based on the original story and has no ties to Disney if I remember correctly. Some of these definitely have me excited, but I think the sheer number of projects is discouraging. Thoughts and insight?

Half already have release dates don't they?

Half already have release dates don't they?

The Jungle Book and Beauty and the Beast are the only ones with release dates and they've also been filmed/are filming. Dumbo, Tink, Pinocchio, Prince Charming, and Pooh have a person attached but nothing more.

Reactions: Jon84
The Jungle Book and Beauty and the Beast are the only ones with release dates and they've also been filmed/are filming. Dumbo, Tink, Pinocchio, Prince Charming, and Pooh have a person attached but nothing more.
If the live-action remakes start to be less profitable for them, then I can see it. And I do see the profitability going down eventually. They already have a lot since Burton's AiW (of course that movie has a sequel coming out next year...).

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
I know the above post was a joke, but please don't let there be a bajillionth live action Snow White. It's been done to death already. :horse:

And yet they can't come up with a new 15-minute film to take over Captain EO.

To quickly bring this back..

It was officially confirmed of SEVERAL release dates for upcoming reboot/Sequels of some of the classic Disney IPs.

The list is as rumored,

~Peter Pan (This is rumored, but it seems that it would be helmed by the Petes Dragon Director)
~Malificant Dos (Angelina would be returning to portray the character)
~The Jungle Book Dos (Jon Faverau and Justin Marks would be returning)
~Mary Poppins Sequel (Confirmed with Emily Blunt taking on the iconic character)
~Cruella (Spinoff to 101 Dalmations)
~The Nutcracker
~Dumbo (Tim Burton is to possibly direct it)
~Tinker Bell (Reese Witherspoon is supposed to star in it)
~Jungle Cruise (This one is actually confirmed with Dwayne the Rock coming on)
~A Wrinkle in Time (This was a film made in the dark times of Disney actually...in 2003)

Including this years TJB, Alice Through the Looking Glass, and Petes Dragon; it makes it so that Disney would be putting out over 13 Live-Action films based on some of their properties. Fits up in a way with that article from last year.

And not even mentioning next years BATB; its going to be pretty busy If Disney is going full-on with these reboots/spinoffs.

Real quick research, A Wrinkle in Time was only distributed by Disney in the USA. It was a made for TV movie in Canada.

Really..well. :stun:

I wouldn't be suprised if they fast track a Lion King live action film given the success of the Jungle Book.

To be honest; i'd just call that an Animated reboot, as if your using the same CGI as what the hell TJB had, with no live-actors; to me, it wouldn't be worth the money nor resources.

~Mary Poppins Sequel (Confirmed with Emily Blunt taking on the iconic character)
Broadway hit-maker Lin-Manuel Miranda (Hamilton, In The Heights) has signed on for this movie as Jack. Miranda also wrote/composed the music for the Cantina in TFA and is writing all of the music for Disney's "Moana".

He performed the Cantina song ("Jabba Flow") with JJ Abrams yesterday live:

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexanderMBush