Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2 parks, 1 day?

I'd cancel the meal plan. Bice at Porto is very nice. In the parks... Studios go to Springfield and get the carne asada at Bumblebee taco truck for steak fix, Try Dutchman fish plate. Eat by the lagoon. IOA, splurge on Mythos

Last edited:
Thank you for the info, Sir. I used the resource. It was helpful to get me through my withdrawals. I'm not there yet, but I'm getting close :)

I'm VERY happy to hear you are progressing against your demons. I lost my brother to substance abuse, came within minutes of losing my best friend to an overdose and my nephew is battling heroin and opioids. Please continue to post if it makes you feel better. I know this is not the appropriate forum but I think we all do not mind. keep moving forward brother!

I'd cancel the meal plan. Bice at Porto is very nice. In the parks... Studios go to Springfield and get the carne asada at Bumblebee taco truck for steak fix, Try Dutchman fish plate. Eat by the lagoon. IOA, splurge on Mythos

Is Mythos Greek?

Thank you for the advice. I'll call and cancel the meal plan tomorrow. Universal will be very upset with you for causing them to lose money! Over the last 20 years, I've given the mouse about $200,000. Not sure if Universal has a mascot, but I don't need to donate!

I do love that red roller coaster that goes straight up at the beginning and the Mummy... Simpsons and Back to the future made me sick. It's funny how certain rides affect people. I absolutely LOVE Flight of Passage

I'm VERY happy to hear you are progressing against your demons. I lost my brother to substance abuse, came within minutes of losing my best friend to an overdose and my nephew is battling heroin and opioids. Please continue to post if it makes you feel better. I know this is not the appropriate forum but I think we all do not mind. keep moving forward brother!

Thank you for your kind words. It means a lot when someone you have never met and will never meet cares enough to take the time to offer encouragement.

This place is much kinder than others. Admittedly, I was banned for being a jack... jerk :) but I've learned that you can't be a jack... umm jerk and not have consequences. I turned 40 last month. I guess I'm becoming a kinder and gentler jack... jerk :). If anyone takes offense to this post, I'm sorry. I have a dark sense of humor

Last edited:
And, yes, JackHammer, it does help to keep talking to keep my mind off the pain, and I want to thank the moderators for not shutting the thread down.

You're at a Theme Park in the middle of Summer in Orlando. If you're trying to be around as few kids as possible, good luck.
That said, Portofino would have the least amount of kids- which will still be quite a few. It also has an adult only pool. Royal Pacific would likely be the 2nd least, but still, tons of kids there too.
It really doesn't matter though, since you're only there for one night- if you're trying to do both parks in a single day, theres no way you're going to have any pool time or resort time- so I'd just pick whichever of the 3 hotels that include express (Portofino, Royal pacific, Hard Rock) are the cheapest, tbh.

my last reply to you was rude. Thank you for your advice. Portofino it is!

Is Mythos Greek?

Thank you for the advice. I'll call and cancel the meal plan tomorrow. Universal will be very upset with you for causing them to lose money! Over the last 20 years, I've given the mouse about $200,000. Not sure if Universal has a mascot, but I don't need to donate!

I do love that red roller coaster that goes straight up at the beginning and the Mummy... Simpsons and Back to the future made me sick. It's funny how certain rides affect people. I absolutely LOVE Flight of Passage
Mythos has a few Mediterranean items like spinach dip, lamb burgers, mezze platter, etc. But they also have steak, salmon, pasta, and sandwiches.

We're more steak and fish. Does the meal plan have restrictions on menu items? I'm going to book cowfish (I think?) and the chocolate place.
Toothsome and Cow Fish are excellent choices for food. Cow Fish has good sushi. And we had two fish entrees at Toothsome the other week, and both were excellent.