Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2 parks, 1 day?

May 27, 2018
Is it possible to enjoy both parks in one day and also have pool time at portofino? I'm taking my wife there on July 20 for her birthday and we're staying club level for one night before leaving early on the 21st for another resort. Can all of this be done in one day?

Is it possible to enjoy both parks in one day and also have pool time at portofino? I'm taking my wife there on July 20 for her birthday and we're staying club level for one night before leaving early on the 21st for another resort. Can all of this be done in one day?

Club level at which resort?

Depends if you just want to "get it done" or you want to enjoy yourselves. You could commando it and get the large part done but I would trade missing things and leaving others for the next trip for a quality experience.

I think he said Porto

Oh wow totally missed that, sorry.

So @smmcgarry you'll have express pass which will save your butt. USF has early entry that day, so show up to the park half an hour before open.

I am assuming a few things: you'll want to hit all major attractions, you'll want to hit the best shows, you'll want to hit the best minor attractions, and you'll want to skip the water rides that soak you but ride Jurassic Park.

Here are the attractions you'll want to hit up (in no particular order):

USF
  • Minions
  • Rip Ride Rokit
  • Mummy
  • Transformers
  • Fast & Furious Supercharged
  • Escape from Gringotts
  • Olivanders
  • Hogwarts Express
  • Celestina Warbeck or Beedle the Bard show
  • Men in Black
  • Simpsons
  • ET
  • Horror Make Up show
IOA
  • Hulk
  • Spider-man
  • Reign of Kong
  • Jurassic Park River Adventure
  • Forbidden Journey
  • Poseidon
  • Cat in the Hat
  • Seuss Trolly Ride
Rip Ride Rockit and Hulk are major coasters, you might have to skip them if they are not your bag of tea.

I always recommend buying the Unofficial Guide to Universal Orlando by @Skubersky and/or purchasing a Touring Plans subscription for customized touring plans and real time, accurate wait times.

You can get this all done in one day with no breaks, riding all day, and staying from opening to close.

I would add Hogwarts night show to finish. Pool time at the hotel in the day will be tough, as the boat ride from and back to citywalk will cost you 20 minutes if you don't have to wait on either end. Which is unlikely. Add in going to the room to change before and after pool.

So @smmcgarry you'll have express pass which will save your butt. USF has early entry that day, so show up to the park half an hour before open.

I am assuming a few things: you'll want to hit all major attractions, you'll want to hit the best shows, you'll want to hit the best minor attractions, and you'll want to skip the water rides that soak you but ride Jurassic Park.

USF
  • Minions
  • Rip Ride Rokit
  • Mummy
  • Transformers
  • Escape from Gringotts
  • Olivanders
  • Hogwarts Express
  • Men in Black
  • Simpsons
  • ET
  • Horror Make Up show
IOA
  • Hulk
  • Spider-man
  • Reign of Kong
  • Forbidden Journey
  • Poseidon
  • Cat in the Hat
  • Seuss Trolly Ride
Rip Ride Rockit and Hulk are major coasters, you might have to skip them if they are not your bag of tea.

I always recommend buying the Unofficial Guide to Universal Orlando by @Skubersky and/or purchasing a Touring Plans subscription for customized touring plans and real time, accurate wait times.

You can get this all done in one day with no breaks, riding all day, and staying from opening to close.
I’d swap Poseidon for Hippogriff if time is tight, otherwise this is spot on. Also try to catch the last showing of Hogwarts Lights if it’s running. Remember, you can check in at the crack of dawn and get your room key/Express Pass before park open, then take a break when your room is ready.

USF
  • Minions
  • Rip Ride Rokit
  • Mummy
  • Transformers
  • Escape from Gringotts
  • Olivanders
  • Hogwarts Express
  • Men in Black
  • Simpsons
  • ET
  • Horror Make Up show
IOA
  • Hulk
  • Spider-man
  • Reign of Kong
  • Forbidden Journey
  • Poseidon
  • Cat in the Hat
  • Seuss Trolly Ride

We've been before. But it was 2007. We don't care much for shows. She likes the thrill rides.

We've lived in Florida for 8 months. We're passholders at Disney, but she's dying to go to Universal again.My original plans were 1 night at portofino and pretend to drive home but take the exit and spend 1 night at the Polynesian.

When you say USF, do you mean University of South Florida? I'm a PhD student there, so it would qualify me for early entry!

I would add Hogwarts night show to finish. Pool time at the hotel in the day will be tough, as the boat ride from and back to citywalk will cost you 20 minutes if you don't have to wait on either end. Which is unlikely. Add in going to the room to change before and after pool.

Is there a resort within walking distance of the parks?

I'm looking for a nice, adult type place with as few kids as possible. Is there a better resort on property?

You're at a Theme Park in the middle of Summer in Orlando. If you're trying to be around as few kids as possible, good luck.
That said, Portofino would have the least amount of kids- which will still be quite a few. It also has an adult only pool. Royal Pacific would likely be the 2nd least, but still, tons of kids there too.
It really doesn't matter though, since you're only there for one night- if you're trying to do both parks in a single day, theres no way you're going to have any pool time or resort time- so I'd just pick whichever of the 3 hotels that include express (Portofino, Royal pacific, Hard Rock) are the cheapest, tbh.

I'm looking for a nice, adult type place with as few kids as possible. Is there a better resort on property?
Portofino or Royal Pacific it is! Walking/boats, very nice accommodations and atmosphere. Both have express included with the room. If you are going to Poly after then maybe Portofino so there is some variety on the south seas theme.

You're at a Theme Park in the middle of Summer in Orlando. If you're trying to be around as few kids as possible, good luck.
That said, Portofino would have the least amount of kids- which will still be quite a few. It also has an adult only pool. Royal Pacific would likely be the 2nd least, but still, tons of kids there too.
It really doesn't matter though, since you're only there for one night- if you're trying to do both parks in a single day, theres no way you're going to have any pool time or resort time- so I'd just pick whichever of the 3 hotels that include express (Portofino, Royal pacific, Hard Rock) are the cheapest, tbh.

Thanks for the info. Very rude manner.

We've been before. But it was 2007 ... We're passholders at Disney, but she's dying to go to Universal again.My original plans were 1 night at portofino and pretend to drive home but take the exit and spend 1 night at the Polynesian.

When you say USF, do you mean University of South Florida? I'm a PhD student there, so it would qualify me for early entry!

If your wife is dying to go to Universal for the first time since 2007 and it is her birthday ... I have to ask why you are trying to squeeze enjoying both parks and pool time into ‘one’ day ... before leaving early the next morning to surprise your wife by going to Disney Polynesian (where you are pass holders) ... perhaps the answer to your question is to surprise your wife by doing‘two daytimes’ at Universal??

If your wife is dying to go to Universal for the first time since 2007 and it is her birthday ... I have to ask why you are trying to squeeze enjoying both parks and pool time into ‘one’ day ... before leaving early the next morning to surprise your wife by going to Disney Polynesian (where you are pass holders) ... perhaps the answer to your question is to surprise your wife by doing‘two daytimes’ at Universal??

You are correct. I screwed up her 30th birthday. I'm a recovering alcoholic. I messed everything up and threw her out of the Polynesian.

Hmm. Your room key will allow 2 full days of unlimited express. Ticket is another matter. But since you live there you should know this. But I smell :bs:anyway. And if you got s$#tfaced and tossed from the Poly, impressive.

Last edited:
Hmm. Your room key will allow 2 full days of unlimited express. Ticket is another matter. But since you live there you should know this. But I smell :bs:anyway. And if you got s$#tfaced and tossed from the Poly, impressive.

No, no. You misunderstood. It's a long story, but I made her leave early. And no, this is not bull.

The life of an alcoholic is not made up.