Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2 parks, 1 day?

I was banned from another site and I'll probably be banned from this one, as well.

Just know this: I'm probably the most honest and genuine person you will ever meet. There is is not a dishonest bone in my body.

Last edited:
Please don't think I'm making this up; I've faced a lot of rejection this week. The last thing I would want to do is lose new friends.

Please don't think I'm making this up; I've faced a lot of rejection this week. The last thing I would want to do is lose new friends.

I’m going to recommend two things:

1) You reach out to your accountability partner through AA or another comparable group.

2) If you don’t have that. Go here and call. National Helpline | SAMHSA - Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration

Don’t take whatever we say as the gospel- and don’t feel like you’re losing “friends” no matter what happens. We’re just anonymous people on the internet that like a theme park. It sounds like you need to contact one of the other two things I mentioned.

I’m going to recommend two things:

1) You reach out to your accountability partner through AA or another comparable group.

2) If you don’t have that. Go here and call. National Helpline | SAMHSA - Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration

Don’t take whatever we say as the gospel- and don’t feel like you’re losing “friends” no matter what happens. We’re just anonymous people on the internet that like a theme park. It sounds like you need to contact one of the other two things I mentioned.

I'm going through very bad withdrawals right now. I'm hurting. My legs are aching, my back hurts

I'm going through very bad withdrawals right now. I'm hurting. My legs are aching, my back hurts
Part of the landscape from my experience. If you are ready you can do it.

42 years wrestling with this devil. Sometimes I win, it can happen. Call, show up, anything you can do. Get a few days under your belt and life starts looking better.

If you prefer to text as opposed to talking you can choose this outlet:
Crisis Text Line
Text 741741 from anywhere in the USA
to text with a trained Crisis Counselor.

I've won a lot of battles in my life. I used to be a cop and I cheated death twice.

I know when to give up. This is one of those times. I can't beat this. I just hope to stay alive long enough to get a pension for my wife. You

I know this is supposed to be a happy place. I'm sorry to be dragging everyone one down.

Is the Harry Potterr thing as good as everyone says?

If you prefer to text as opposed to talking you can choose this outlet:
Crisis Text Line
Text 741741 from anywhere in the USA
to text with a trained Crisis Counselor.

Thank you for the info, Sir. I used the resource. It was helpful to get me through my withdrawals. I'm not there yet, but I'm getting close :)

Hi everyone, thanks for the great advice. I've forgone Disney for her birthday. I booked 2 nights at portofino, got a 2 day ticket and the meal plan.

I'm very skeptical of meal plans, but since I'm an amateur at Universal, I thought it might be the most economical decision.

Hi everyone, thanks for the great advice. I've forgone Disney for her birthday. I booked 2 nights at portofino, got a 2 day ticket and the meal plan.

I'm very skeptical of meal plans, but since I'm an amateur at Universal, I thought it might be the most economical decision.
The meal plan works if you like chicken and ribs otherwise Universal wins a few dollars from you.

Congratulations on any length of sobriety, I went 18.5 years and now it is a daily struggle but worth it. Once you get some time in to not drinking life does get better, you just have to want it more than what you are living now. The cravings and bargaining with yourself lessen as the poisons come out of your body. It takes time just for that. It is the reason there are only 30 day chips to start in AA not a one week chip.
Use any resource you can and work out what works for you. It is your mind that you have to get past so no one can tell you what is right for you.

We're more steak and fish. Does the meal plan have restrictions on menu items? I'm going to book cowfish (I think?) and the chocolate place.

Also, the withdrawals are subsiding. My wife will be home from Boston in about 2 hours. I still have days to go of insomnia and no appetite. I'm pushing water, though it makes me feel nauseas at times. My wife keeps me in check, and for the first time in about 19 years, I'm truly committed.

Thank you, JoeCamel for your words of encouragement.