2012 Holiday Parade | Inside Universal Forums

2012 Holiday Parade

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

bobwadd

V.I.P. Member
Feb 20, 2010
You never know
I know it's still a little early but decorations are starting to go up.

So . . .

It looks like USF will have to change the route of the Holiday Parade with the SS44 construction going on. I imagine it will depart from between Cafe La Bamba and the Horror Make-Up show. I assume it will end at what used to be the start, between Louie's Italian Restaurant and Beetlejuice’s Graveyard Revue. This will cause the parade route to be made shorter. Which in turn will decrease the viewing area and cause the sidewalks to be even more crowded than in the past. Oh joy!

This will also mean that the balloons will have to be walked all the way around the backstage area.

I image we will also have the same situation, maybe in reverse for Mardi Gras. At least they will not have the balloons to deal with.

What's the point of putting up decorations already if Holidays at Universal don't even start for another month? :lol:

I posted this is the misc refurb thread, but here's some examples of the Christmas decorations that are already in the parks.

From @OrlandoInformer

I just discovered the first @UniversalORL holiday decorations of the season at the Jurassic Park Discovery Center

i43yo61inW4Tt.jpg

More holiday decorations @UniversalORL popping up in Toon Lagoon

iLRv5HBMBSFhd.jpg

I could have sworn I saw a Christmas tree set up in IOA right at the front door to the pizza place next to the Hulk. I really didnt even think much of until now lol

Because after Halloween, the Holiday Season begins.

Yes, but it's funny that they'd rush the decorations when they're not rushing the event either and I'm pretty sure every other theme park in the vicinity is starting their festivities earlier.

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned or if it's known, but Macy's route will be changed this year due to Transformers construction. Instead of the usual route, it will be following the longer USC Route, starting at Beetlejuice. Also, guests will not be chosen to be balloon handlers this year due to this reason (They do the same thing with Mardi Gras on the floats), seasonal TM's will be doing it instead as much of the route is backstage, unlike the past route.

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned or if it's known, but Macy's route will be changed this year due to Transformers construction. Instead of the usual route, it will be following the longer USC Route, starting at Beetlejuice. Also, guests will not be chosen to be balloon handlers this year due to this reason (They do the same thing with Mardi Gras on the floats), seasonal TM's will be doing it instead as much of the route is backstage, unlike the past route.

Thanks for the info.

I've never seen Uni's Holiday stuff. Need to make it down there for it one time.

Guests got to ride on the floats this year.

I'm definitely going to have to go to the parade this year. I have never gone but I'm going for sure this year.

wait, starting from beetlejuice? that would make santa's lighting the tree a little hard wouldn't it? (then again that route does have the new fancy zoned parade audio now... so it can be isolated to just new york rather than the whole park like last year)

Also, guests will not be chosen to be balloon handlers this year due to this reason (They do the same thing with Mardi Gras on the floats), seasonal TM's will be doing it instead as much of the route is backstage, unlike the past route.

Rather disappointed in this as I usually do it at least once a year. It gives you some good backstage views. Oh well, at least we're getting something good out of it :p