Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2012 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Tickets now on sale.

Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is a Halloween-themed special event held on select evenings at Magic Kingdom Park. Purchase of an additional admission ticket is required to attend, and plenty of fun is in store, including trick-or-treating, performances of Mickey’s Boo-to-You Parade and Happy HalloWishes Fireworks, Disney characters in costume, themed décor and much more.

Parties will take place:

• September 11, 14, 18, 21, 25, 28 and 30
  • October 4, 5, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 21, 23, 25, 26, 28, 30 and 31
  • November 2

Does anyone have any information on this/these events please? I'll be over in October and would love to go as long as it wasn't to "child" orientated.

It's Disney, so it's going to be "child" oriented. Don't expect any scares or anything like that.

That being said, the party is a lot of fun. You get a ton of candy, you can wear costumes into the park(always awesome), the parade is the best Disney has in Florida, and the fireworks are pretty good too. On top of that, the park is significantly less crowded than normal operating hours. It's a lot of fun, and worth it, IMO.

If you're going to do it, just replace one of your normal days at the park with it. You can get into the MK at 4 with your tickets, even though the party doesn't start till 7. Use those 3 hours to hit the things that are closed during the party, and then enjoy the rest at your own leisure.

It's Disney, so it's going to be "child" oriented. Don't expect any scares or anything like that.

That being said, the party is a lot of fun. You get a ton of candy, you can wear costumes into the park(always awesome), the parade is the best Disney has in Florida, and the fireworks are pretty good too. On top of that, the park is significantly less crowded than normal operating hours. It's a lot of fun, and worth it, IMO.

If you're going to do it, just replace one of your normal days at the park with it. You can get into the MK at 4 with your tickets, even though the party doesn't start till 7. Use those 3 hours to hit the things that are closed during the party, and then enjoy the rest at your own leisure.

You said it brilliantly. It's one of those rare times when I actually get excited to go to MK. What costume are you doing?

Went last night. "Enchanted Tales with Belle" was in soft open stage seemingly most, if not the whole, night. Decent mix of candy this year, more brand name chocolate than I recall in recent years. Still the best parade and best version of Wishes. Worth the Cast Member rate of $40, not sure I'd pay full price as a local tho. (If I was from out of town, would skip a day at MK for this, tho.)

Mousesteps has posted a great, really long photo update covering this event: http://www.mousesteps.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=890&Itemid=37

This is my favorite photo:

iWurejk9w9F73.jpg

Had a few friends that went last night and loved it. Rather upset that I was stuck at EPCOT waiting for IllumiNations (which wound up being cancelled), but oh well. Most foreign countries don't celebrate Halloween, and therefore MK is significantly less crowded than during the regular operating hours. I'm definitely gonna try to make it to a night this year.

Hearing on Twitter that MK has some serious rain tonight and caused them to cancel all the events for party tonight. Guest services has a massive line with some not so happy people.

Hearing on Twitter that MK has some serious rain tonight and caused them to cancel all the events for party tonight. Guest services has a massive line with some not so happy people.

Bummer. But they warn you that all outdoor events are weather-permitted. I live directly behind MK and it was lightening and down-pouring for about two solid hours.

Bummer. But they warn you that all outdoor events are weather-permitted. I live directly behind MK and it was lightening and down-pouring for about two solid hours.

It's unfortunate but Florida weather can be pretty random sometimes. Reading now things are back up running so that's good for all those who spent the money to get in.

The Headless Horseman character's horse fell over during the parade:

[video=youtube;6s2_mPWJOgY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s2_mPWJOgY[/video]