Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2013 Holidays at Universal

While I have always enjoyed the Holiday Celebration @ UOR, I do wish they had a couple of additions to the regular line-up. There are more Mannheim Steamroller concerts and the added Happy Hippo ballon, but I was hoping that there would be something more. Maybe next year we can get:

homer.jpg

Last edited:
I agree. The Christmas events at UOR are enjoyable, but there is opportunity for more. If I was going to a park strictly based off Holiday offerings, the competition typically has UOR beat imo.

While I have always enjoyed the Holiday Celebration @ UOR, I do wish they had a couple of additions to the regular line-up. There are more Mannheim Steamroller concerts and the added Happy Hippo ballon, but I was hoping that there would be something more. Maybe next year we can get:

homer.jpg

If Disney gets Christmas overlays for their characters so should we, damnit!

I love the Universal parks during Christmas and the resorts. They're actually some of my favorites.

Saw pictures on Twitter of the tree starting to go up! I'm excited! I like the parade and Grinchmas, and I really enjoy the Christmas decorations all around! I don't think I've ever caught any of the Mannheim Steamroller concerts, so I'm gonna make sure I catch at least one this year :cheers:

Are the "A Barney Holiday" and "The Blues Brothers Holiday Show" new this year? I am definitely going to catch one of the Blues Brother shows. It ends with snow falling on Delancey Street.

Maybe next year we can get:

homer.jpg
Amen! I understand that it's a complicated expense, what with licensed characters and all, but, to a guest, it's a very basic thing.
Even more than Christmas, I think the Simpsons are worthy of Halloween overlays!

So does anyone know exactly what units are gonna be at Macy's this year?

I'm definitely going to do my best to make it up there this year! LOVE Grinchmas and Holidays at the Studios.....also can't miss snow in Citywalk!!!

Is anyone heading out to the parks today for the holiday festivities? I wanna hear all about it!

I saw Grinchmas earlier in the day, always a good time. Showtime was at 1:45pm but I think there was something going on because we didn't really get in there until after 1:45pm. Had fun interacting with the Whos on the street after the show. Be prepared if it's a hot day. You stand essentially in the direct sun and with 84 degree weather yesterday, it was quite brutal.

We walked around and saw some of the characters and watched the shows by the tree. Also saw the new Happy Hippo show. It was at 4:15pm by Mel's. They have some parade performers that dance to "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" while the balloon does some spins and such.

The parade itself had a few issues it seemed. We watched across from Horror Make-Up. They usually start the parade with one of the stilts using a microphone. Her microphone was cutting in and out. We didn't get parade audio until a few minutes in, and then it kept coming and going. It seemed to be okay in other locations though. Some slight delays afterwards, but nothing too bad. People didn't seem to understand not crossing the street during the parade. There were a few groups that actually just outright went in between stilt walkers and such. It was kind of frustrating for those working because they kept walking up and down telling people not to, yet they kept doing it. However, despite all that, there's a couple things new in the parade this year besides the Happy Hippo. I can see it being a good parade once they work out all the issues. :)

Thanks for the report April! Looking forward to checking it out next week.