2013 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party | Inside Universal Forums

2013 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Awesome! Have a great time OF. I'll be looking forward to your pictures from the event. I've never been, but I'll be doing Holiday Mansion in Disneyland for the first time this fall. Disney does do the holidays really well.

Info for this year:

Entertainment features the twice nightly “Mickey’s Boo-To-You Halloween Parade,” led by the infamous Headless Horseman, followed by “HalloWishes,” a green and orange fireworks display complete with Disney villains. Also, guests won’t want to miss their Disney characters dressed in their Halloween best. Not to be left out, guests are invited to dress up in favorite Halloween costumes for trick or treating and more from 7 p.m. to 12 a.m. for 23 select nights.

In addition to trick-or-treating, meet and greets with Disney characters donning Halloween costumes, and entertainment unique to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, many of the popular Magic Kingdom attractions – including, of course, The Haunted Mansion – are available to experience (but beware of hitchhiking ghosts).
Party dates in 2013 are:

September: 10, 13, 17, 20, 24, 27 & 29

October: 3, 4, 6, 10, 11, 14, 17, 18, 20, 22, 24, 25, 27, 29, & 31

November: 1

Awesome! Have a great time OF. I'll be looking forward to your pictures from the event. I've never been, but I'll be doing Holiday Mansion in Disneyland for the first time this fall. Disney does do the holidays really well.

Have fun with the HM overlay, I would enjoy that if they did it here.
Pics will be a plenty, as long as the GF doesn't mind stopping every ten seconds....

Never been, but am thinking about going with my daughter this year. I hear the crowds can be intense. Does this thing getting busier closer to Halloween like HHN or HOS? I'm planning on early October.

Never been, but am thinking about going with my daughter this year. I hear the crowds can be intense. Does this thing getting busier closer to Halloween like HHN or HOS? I'm planning on early October.

Everything, generally, gets busier as Halloween approaches as more people tend to get into the spirit.
We are going early which I am told, this is my first time going, that it shouldn't be that busy.

Early October isn't terrible busy, yes as the days get closer to Halloween the crowds pic up. Also BEST candy Disney does not skimp on the candy which is how an event with trick or treating should be. This will be my 4th time going I love it makes you feel like a kid again even though the parade is pretty much the same every year.

New info:

This year’s event will mark the debut appearance of Jack Skellington and Sally (from Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas”) at Magic Kingdom Park. Look for the Pumpkin King and his love in the Town Square area of Main Street, U.S.A.

Phineas and Ferb will also take charge of the Creepa Crew this year. This group gets parade-goers warmed up for fun on Main Street, U.S.A., while they wait for the parade’s arrival.

Over in Tomorrowland, “Monsters, Inc.,” scarers Mike and Sulley will host their own Monstrous Scream-O-Ween Ball dance party on the Rockettower Plaza Stage. The stage has been completely transformed for this “monstrous” event. Here’s a hint – show up ready to scream your lungs out!
Trick-or-treating will also be enhanced this year with more than 220 tons of candy on order. In addition to trick-or-treat stations, there will also be two treat trails – pathways that you trick-or-treat through that offer multiple candy stops along the way. Our friends at Magic Kingdom Park also hinted that in addition to these locations, there may be one or two surprise treat locations to stop at as well.

Two returning party favorites are the Boo-to-You Halloween parade, which features the Headless Horseman, Disney characters in Halloween regalia and the ghostly inhabitants of The Haunted Mansion. Another is the Happy HalloWishes fireworks spectacular, which illuminates the park in glittering color and light.

Parties will take place from 7 p.m. – midnight on September 10, 13, 17, 20, 24, 27 & 29; October 3, 4, 6, 10, 11, 14, 17, 18, 20, 22, 24, 25, 27, 29 and 31; and November 1. Prices vary based on event night. Buy tickets now here.

DSC01274_zps301eea17.jpg

DSC01067_zps76e24533.jpg

DSC01298_zpsa1ce4c88.jpg

Thanks for the pics OF. We might start going to this next year now that our girls are a little older and can stay up later and enjoy things more. And I know if i tell them they are giving out candy they will be the first in line to get in :lol:

Im over at Disney for this but have no plans to go, may change my plans once there but the price is a liitle off putting and with no kids in tow this year I think I will save my cash for an extra drink or 2 at HHN.

May watch the firerworks from th etop of the world lounge, or my room at BLT, should I be lucky enough to blag a MK view upgrade.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics OF. We might start going to this next year now that our girls are a little older and can stay up later and enjoy things more. And I know if i tell them they are giving out candy they will be the first in line to get in :lol:
Thanks, more pics to come, took over 500...and some are worth posting, I will post them over the next few days. Hared to get pics of the parade will all the movement.
The candy was a plenty, that's for sure, and it's 90% is the good kind they will have fun. It's a good time, I would do it again, and good for people who don't have passes as they let you in at four.

We went last year in mid October, the theming and parades were pretty awesome. The ride lines were all pretty good but the candy lines were generally pretty long and the candy itself was hit or miss. We waited in line for about 20 minutes in one line only to get two packs of fruit snacks each :( after that we pretty much stuck to the rides.

Space mountain was a lot of fun since you could see more detail from not being blinded by the sun before going on.

Nice shots OF, how did you enjoy the event?

Thanks, it was fun, lines weren't bad. Just like any day at Disney after the parade the HM got insane lines. most rides were 10-15 minutes and the candy lines moved quick.
If I go again next year it will be also in early September! Only thing bad about was it was humid as hell until about closing time, and, unlike Uni, finding a drink (bottle of water) around there was almost impossible and quite honestly very frustrating and that would be my biggest complaint.

My fiance and I went for the first time on Friday the 13th and had a great time. It was the most fun we've ever had at Magic Kingdom. Cheaper than a normal day's admission, walked on to all the rides, and got candy out of it. The fireworks and the parade were very entertaining. We waited until the last hour to get candy and didn't have to wait at all. The character photo ops were the only crazy lines I saw at the event.