2014 NFL Season | Inside Universal Forums

2014 NFL Season

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Vyrus

The man with the master plan
V.I.P. Member
Feb 11, 2010
Miami, FL
Well with pretty much all NFL teams in training camp as of today, I think its time to start this thread and having some fun discussions about our teams.

Right now I'm just hoping my Dolphins are able to gel on the Oline, if that happens we are easily a playoff team.

I think the dolphins could be the one team in the nfl that falls completely apart. They have an unproven qb, their coaching staff is kind of a mess and def on the hot seat. It'll be interesting for them. Plus that division could be super competitive this year... The bills are better as long as ej Manuel can manage the game well, they have good wideouts, a good defense, etc... The jets are interesting and could be decent. And the pats are the pats. So I think it's still pats win the division and the rest battle for second place. Whether that can equal a wild card remains to be seen as the afc has a lot of good not great teams

In conjunction with Ray Rice's suspension, the NFL has released its new breast cancer awareness logo.

BrpmilN.jpg

As always, the Jets season relies completely upon their Quarterback.

However, atleast now they have some guys to throw the ball to. Decker-Nelson-Kerley isn't a bad trio and add in Jace Amaro at tight end and you may be working with something. Looking forward to seeing the Ivory/CJ?K/Powell backfield, too.

As always, the Jets season relies completely upon their Quarterback.

However, atleast now they have some guys to throw the ball to. Decker-Nelson-Kerley isn't a bad trio and add in Jace Amaro at tight end and you may be working with something. Looking forward to seeing the Ivory/CJ?K/Powell backfield, too.

Yeah... I think the jets success this season will live and die with their defense. I think that Rex and the crew are going to try and recreate 2009. But need a solid defense to do it.

Yeah... I think the jets success this season will live and die with their defense. I think that Rex and the crew are going to try and recreate 2009. But need a solid defense to do it.

The Achilles heel of that era of the Jets was Mark Sanchez. With any semblance of a passing attack, they play the Packers in Super Bowl XLV at the very least. But when you can key in on the run, that's how LT gets held to 1 yard in the first half of the AFC Championship game. I just don't know that bringing in the walking interception will be a good influence on Geno. And I do like Decker, but he has to show he can make plays on his own.

The Jets defense back then lived and died with their secondary. They had absolutely NO pass rush. Now it's a total 180. Their front 7 is solid and their line is dominant. Their secondary is questionable at best. But when you can pressure a QB into making a throw they don't want to make really quickly... it can lead to turnovers.

Geno was rough at times last year (most of the times), but their receiving was truly awful. I'm not writing him off just yet. Deserves a chance. If Eric Decker puts up HALF the production he did in Denver, he still would've been the Jets #1 stat wise last year.

And thanks JT, remembering that AFC Championship doesn't hurt or anything. :lol: Throwing on 3rd and 16 with your back to the other team's endzone... makes sense.

The Jets defense back then lived and died with their secondary. They had absolutely NO pass rush. Now it's a total 180. Their front 7 is solid and their line is dominant. Their secondary is questionable at best. But when you can pressure a QB into making a throw they don't want to make really quickly... it can lead to turnovers.

Geno was rough at times last year (most of the times), but their receiving was truly awful. I'm not writing him off just yet. Deserves a chance. If Eric Decker puts up HALF the production he did in Denver, he still would've been the Jets #1 stat wise last year.

And thanks JT, remembering that AFC Championship doesn't hurt or anything. :lol: Throwing on 3rd and 16 with your back to the other team's endzone... makes sense.

I had to remember the Super Bowl, so that fair (GOOD RIDDANCE MENDENHALL!) :lol: But I actually am sort of rooting for Rex for once. I can't stand how he's portrayed in and deals with the media, but he can be a damn good coach. Even though he hates Antonio Brown....

rex-reacts-to-loss.gif

The hype is on the Dolphins, but I think the Jets are the real second horse in the AFC East.

I am both extremely excited and skeptical for the New York Giants season (what else is new). With McAdoo taking over the reigns on offense and their various free agency pickups and unique (but smart) draft choices, the Big Blue may prove to be a formidable team this year in the NFC. The Eagles, I think, may be there only threat in the East, unless RG3 and Jackson somehow gel perfectly like Manning and Burress did a while back. Then again, the Giants always seem to be prone to injury more than most teams, and I think the coaching staff deserves some serious blame for not conditioning the players properly. If they can stay healthy though, maybe Manning gets back on track. Still pulling for the Manning Bowl (though it seems to far out of reach at this point).

Here's my predictions on the NFC East:

Eagles - 12-4
Giants - 10-6
Redskins - 8-8
Cowboys - 6-10

Last edited:
I had to remember the Super Bowl, so that fair (GOOD RIDDANCE MENDENHALL!) :lol: But I actually am sort of rooting for Rex for once. I can't stand how he's portrayed in and deals with the media, but he can be a damn good coach. Even though he hates Antonio Brown....

rex-reacts-to-loss.gif

The hype is on the Dolphins, but I think the Jets are the real second horse in the AFC East.

I agree. First Take was hyping the Bills defense to be better than the Jets. Really? Marcel Dareus can't show up in shape.. Jarius Byrd is gone.. Kiko Alonso is out for the year.. if you have a solid offensive line and you'll be able to pick them apart.

Patriots will win the division and then lose in the AFC Championship game or Super Bowl. As usual.

I agree. First Take was hyping the Bills defense to be better than the Jets. Really? Marcel Dareus can't show up in shape.. Jarius Byrd is gone.. Kiko Alonso is out for the year.. if you have a solid offensive line and you'll be able to pick them apart.

Patriots will win the division and then lose in the AFC Championship game or Super Bowl. As usual.

Wilkerson and Richardson are both monsters. Really if they had anything at CB, they'd be a top 5 defense. But I love the Calvin Pryor pick.

I think the Patriots do win the division, not sure how far they get. A lot of sleeper teams in the AFC this year. Everyone has basically forgotten about the AFC North (Except for Johnny Overrated), while the Steelers have quietly had one of their most active offseasons ever. The speed they added with Mike Mitchell and Ryan Shazier is incredible, and I love the additions of Lance Moore and Blount. Who knows how far they get, but they'll be damn fun to watch this year.

So apparently Geno Smith thinks he'll be a top 5 QB this year and Dee Milliner thinks he's the best CB in the league. Another day in Jet land. I can't even.

I love their D-Line. Wilkerson. Richardson. Even Harrison. Jets fans have dubbed them the Sons of Anarchy since all their names end in -son. :lol:

Sucks the Steelers lost Cotchery. One of the more solid receivers out there. Won't beat you deep or do anything flashy, but he won't drop a pass either. Great route runner. Severely missed around here.

Tampa Bay is my team to watch this year. They've always been a favorite of mine though they've not done well in quite a few years. It will be interesting to see how Love takes control and shifts this team. I see them making the playoffs at least as a wild card.

I'm a Green Bay fan, so last season was difficult to watch to say the least. Seeing them recover the season at the very end just to barely lose to the 49ers in the wild card game was definitely a heartbreaker. But I have to say, they really seem to have everything in place to make a legitimate run at the Super Bowl this year. At least if Mathews goes down with another broken thumb, he'll have Peppers to hold things down until he gets back. Offense kind of speaks for itself, with the only possible exception being a few spots on the line. Really looking forward to seeing how it all comes together!

Well with pretty much all NFL teams in training camp as of today, I think its time to start this thread and having some fun discussions about our teams.

Right now I'm just hoping my Dolphins are able to gel on the Oline, if that happens we are easily a playoff team.

:lol:

But Dee Milliner is the best CB in the league! http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...lliner-new-york-jets-says-best-cornerback-nfl

Last edited:
I know it's stupid, but the quote is taken out of context a bit. I can understand why he'd say he's the best. Of course you wanna have confidence in yourself to succeed.

In summary.. stupid, yes... but a little media manipulation going on in the headline.

Manipulation in the New York media? How dare you sir! :drama: