2015 Flower and Garden Festival | Inside Universal Forums

2015 Flower and Garden Festival

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oct 12, 2009
East Central Florida
I have been watching tons of images of the F&G float by on twitter today. Is it new that they have turned it into quasi Food & Wine festival? There are tons of little food kiosks everywhere.

It's quickly becoming Food & Wine mini which is fine by me. It helps with the wait for the actual Food & Wine fest. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Agreed, I know it has a lot of detractors and isn't cheap but I love the food and wine stuff...and they have different items during flower & garden

Give it time, and Food and Wine fest will be more and more all year round. They have already upped the amount of beer/wine selctions in most of the countires.

Yes. Don't look at the rest of the park. Here's some very over priced bits of food and shots of wine!!!

What the hell is an "emotion garden"?
The DISNEY Epcot garden is primarily composed of blue flowers, indicating the sad emotions due to no expansions. Conversely the "UNIVERSAL" garden contains vibrant reds, which conveys the feeling associated with rapid expansion of new attractions. And the "SEAWORLD" garden is mostly gray foliage, reflecting the dire straits caused by the deathstar Blackstone management......LOL

So after checking Epcot out on Sunday - it really seems as if this year's event isn't as "grand" as previous years.

Also saw that Emotion Garden in person. What. A. Joke.

Can you give us a bit more of your perspective? A comparison of previous years elements compared to this year?

Well the Butterfly Garden for one seems a lot less "filled". For example, in previous years, they had a topiary or two inside and a small water feature. This year, it's just flowers and plants across the whole area. Also seems there wasn't the same amount of topiaries. Usually, the Butterfly topiary goes next to the Butterfly Garden. This year, they placed it by a big area behind Spaceship Earth (previous years included Mickey & Minnie, Phineas & Ferb in that aera). Kermit was missing. They got rid of the Norway Troll and China's Panda topiary as well. I have pictures of the past 4-5 years at home. I'll post a few comparison pics later.

I also could be wrong, but I don't remember seeing the Lady & The Tramp Topiary in Italy as well.

Me and my wife went to the Flower Festival for the first time this year, so I can't compare it to previous years. But my wife absolutely hated it. And she loves flowers. I guess she was expecting more gardens. We also did not see the Lady and Tramp topiary as well. And yes, Kermit was missing but Miss Piggy was there.

Well the Butterfly Garden for one seems a lot less "filled". For example, in previous years, they had a topiary or two inside and a small water feature. This year, it's just flowers and plants across the whole area. Also seems there wasn't the same amount of topiaries. Usually, the Butterfly topiary goes next to the Butterfly Garden. This year, they placed it by a big area behind Spaceship Earth (previous years included Mickey & Minnie, Phineas & Ferb in that aera). Kermit was missing. They got rid of the Norway Troll and China's Panda topiary as well. I have pictures of the past 4-5 years at home. I'll post a few comparison pics later.

I also could be wrong, but I don't remember seeing the Lady & The Tramp Topiary in Italy as well.

Hmm... I wonder if the lack of topiaries might be because of all the real topiaries they were prepping for the MK hub expansion. Otherwise, I cannot imagine that they would make cutbacks within landscaping.

Perhaps it was just a poor design choice that they felt the food kiosks made up for.

Were there the same number of gardening product displays/sponsors?

Hmm... I wonder if the lack of topiaries might be because of all the real topiaries they were prepping for the MK hub expansion. Otherwise, I cannot imagine that they would make cutbacks within landscaping.

Perhaps it was just a poor design choice that they felt the food kiosks made up for.

Were there the same number of gardening product displays/sponsors?

Ironically, seems like there was a little fewer kiosks than last year.

As far as sponsors, didn't really pay attention to that to give honest answer.

Can't comment about last year, but it was there in 2013. It's super cute, quite possible my favourite.

It's new-ish. It began 2 years ago.

Interesting, I didn't recall any from 2013, I could be completely mistaken but would have expected myself to remember that.