Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2015 Holidays at Universal

IzzyB

Premium Member
May 23, 2010
Orlando, FL
OK, so first off Universal's website sucks. Of the three parks it seems the worst to get information.

Does anyone know what time the holiday events are? I believe the parade is at 5 PM, but I can't find when the Mannheim Steamroller is. I finally found it will be in the music plaza where the other concerts are, but can't find times. It seems Grinchmas is various times during the day, but the Dec 6th schedule isn't out so I can't see the exact times. The best was the typo for the Macy Day Parade where it says it is running from Nov to Oct in the schedule lol Seriously their website sucks. You would think with how high tech their rides are that they would get a better web development team.

Parade is definitely at 5. At least for the first few weeks... it moves on to 8 eventually.

Speaking of the Macy's Parade, there are two new balloons this year. Per the UOTeam newsletter:

"Marvel at the iconic larger-than-life balloons seen in the famous Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City during the Macy’s Holiday Parade at Universal Studios Florida. This year, enjoy two all-new balloons exclusive to Universal Orlando’s parade, Turkey Balloonicle, a towering balloon with a self-powered vehicle, and Holiday Lights Balloon, as they dazzle guests while floating through the air."

I would love for them to add something new one of these years.
I don't think they see this as something that needs to be improved for the time-being.

Macy's Parade + Grinchmas + Mannheim Steamroller = People staying until close.

I don't think they see this as something that needs to be improved for the time-being.

Macy's Parade + Grinchmas + Mannheim Steamroller = People staying until close.
I'm just somewhat surprised to not see them at least exploring and experimenting a little with new ways to squeeze more money out of the season, especially considering the way they bank during Halloween Horror Nights. Like, how many more people would be attracted to the park by a big, state-of-the-art light display? How much merchandise could they sell off that type of thing? Maybe instead of a haunted house, they could do something kind of Christmas-themed house? Walk through the Grinch's lair or something of the like?

I'm just somewhat surprised to not see them at least exploring and experimenting a little with new ways to squeeze more money out of the season, especially considering the way they bank during Halloween Horror Nights. Like, how many more people would be attracted to the park by a big, state-of-the-art light display? How much merchandise could they sell off that type of thing? Maybe instead of a haunted house, they could do something kind of Christmas-themed house? Walk through the Grinch's lair or something of the like?
It makes sense. The magnificently themed Universal Streets of NY is a much better & realistic setting for a lights display than the sub par Streets of America facades in DHS.

I'm just somewhat surprised to not see them at least exploring and experimenting a little with new ways to squeeze more money out of the season, especially considering the way they bank during Halloween Horror Nights.

Remember, I have been telling you all that they are working on it. Xmas 2016. I have no insight into whether it will be any good or not.

It makes sense. The magnificently themed Universal Streets of NY is a much better & realistic setting for a lights display than the sub par Streets of America facades in DHS.
But trying t squeeze a parade through that mess would be impossible. They would need to reroute the parade to just miss New York and go up the street Monsters Cafe and Transformers are on.

Remember, I have been telling you all that they are working on it. Xmas 2016. I have no insight into whether it will be any good or not.
I look forward to seeing what they come up with. I seem to remember you hinting at a parade, but that doesn't sound too terribly exciting and would just amount to a replacement rather than an addition. I think Macy's is pretty good, so just to have a different they'd have to come up with something REALLY innovative to stand out and draw more people to the park.

I don't understand why the lights can't be up with the HHN decorations as well? Most of the props wouldn't interfere. Where a HHN prop needs to go and at the street level lights can be put in after HHN.

I don't understand why the lights can't be up with the HHN decorations as well? Most of the props wouldn't interfere. Where a HHN prop needs to go and at the street level lights can be put in after HHN.
Problem is when they put up the halloween stuff then they can no longer put up the lights... unless the wanna wrap over the hhn stuff. They could always double dip and have a murder on Christmas night type scare zone.

Last edited:
I read that hoping for times, but I didn't see any times listed for the concerts either on that. Did I miss it?

BTW, I did read the article before posting this, which is how I knew where the concert would be :)
I can tell you for a fact the parade leaves out of Hollywood at 5:00. It's about a 40 minute parade (or so) full route.

Of course eventually the parade changes to 8:00, but that's not until later in the season.

I can tell you for a fact the parade leaves out of Hollywood at 5:00. It's about a 40 minute parade (or so) full route.

Of course eventually the parade changes to 8:00, but that's not until later in the season.

Yeah I got that from this site as I stated in my OP I was pretty sure it was 5. Just not sure about the concert, I can't find times anywhere for that.

Yeah I got that from this site as I stated in my OP I was pretty sure it was 5. Just not sure about the concert, I can't find times anywhere for that.
According to the Sentinel, they performed at 6PM in 2013. I can't find anything stating the time for this year, but I can have a definite answer for you tomorrow night.

According to the Sentinel, they performed at 6PM in 2013. I can't find anything stating the time for this year, but I can have a definite answer for you tomorrow night.

Thanks. Just trying to plan our day for Sunday. We don't have time to make it back to Uni before black out dates hit.

Does anyone know how long the Grinchmas show is? If we go to the 3:30 one will we make the 5 PM Parade? I am thinking yes we would. I am also assuming the show times will be the same for 12/6 as they are for 12/5. We are less than a week out from 12/6 and they still don't have those show times listed.

The Uni website still has the Macy Parade with the dates of 11/22 - 10/28 on their times guide. You would have thought someone would have caught that and changed it by now :)