Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2015 Project?

What do you see coming in 2015?

• Total voters
Apr 6, 2014
Rushmore Academy
There seems to be a LOT of talk about what's coming 2015 and I don't think anybody really knows for sure. What do you all think is coming? I'm still rooting for :kingkong: but hey that might just be me. Vote and discuss!!!

I'm going with Gardens of Allah museum and JP expansion for 2015. They're large enough to be considered additions while allowing Diagon Alley to still remain the draw for 2015.

Kong and KidZone replacement for 2016

Can't guess what's in store after that

We all want Kong, especially since its the 25th anniversary...

I think the poll is bad tho.

Remove FnF, godzilla. Those we can speculate for 2017. Gardens of allah will def be coming, no speculation there.

This is the 25th anniversary... They should be going BIG

Kong, gardens of Allah, new hotel, Citywalk and JP expansion 1 year after Diagon would deliver the 1-2 KO punch IMO

We all want Kong, especially since its the 25th anniversary...

I think the poll is bad tho.

Remove FnF, godzilla. Those we can speculate for 2017. Gardens of allah will def be coming, no speculation there.

This is the 25th anniversary... They should be going BIG

Kong, gardens of Allah, new hotel, Citywalk and JP expansion 1 year after Diagon would deliver the 1-2 KO punch IMO

Gardens of Allah, E.T. refurb/upgrade, IOA nighttime show and new hotel - February-April 2015 (somewhere in there)
Kong, updates for Superstar Parade and Cinematic Spectacular, and CityWalk Phase 2 - June/July 2015
JP expansion - November/December 2015

KidZone revamp, Mummy getting an extensive refurb/upgrade, and Lorax dark ride for 2016

Seuss taking over LC, HP 3.0 and Twister upgrade/replacement for 2017

Mystery USF plot, 3rd gate and Middle Earth for 2018

the 1-2-3-4-5 KO punch :p

I think I'll keep those two there because they can both be counted as a disaster replacement. I want another "year to be here". Possibly a new show, parade additions, museum and something like kong as the headliner

Gardens of Allah, E.T. refurb/upgrade, IOA nighttime show and new hotel - February-April 2015 (somewhere in there)
Kong, updates for Superstar Parade and Cinematic Spectacular, and CityWalk Phase 2 - June/July 2015
JP expansion - November/December 2015

KidZone revamp, Mummy getting an extensive refurb/upgrade, and Lorax dark ride for 2016

Seuss taking over LC, HP 3.0 and Twister upgrade/replacement for 2017

Mystery USF plot, 3rd gate and Middle Earth for 2018

the 1-2-3-4-5 KO punch :p

hahaha, we all wish but too much!

Gardens of all, et refurb and IOA night show by march. Superstar parade, cinematic, JP and city walk p2 in June.
Kong and new hotel in november
KZ revamp and Mummy refurb in 2016
Waterpark and another hotel 2017
Suess and mystery plot 2018

I'd say Godzilla for 2017. Since this one is so successful, I'm sure they'll want to fast-track the sequel and the average time it takes for a sequel to be made and released is usually 2 years. I think it's safer to wait for the second one for story purposes to see what new characters and places become available so that they have more to work with for the attraction, just like what HTF said in the recent podcast.

I'd say Godzilla for 2017. Since this one is so successful, I'm sure they'll want to fast-track the sequel and the average time it takes for a sequel to be made and released is usually 2 years. I think it's safer to wait for the second one for story purposes to see what new characters and places become available so that they have more to work with for the attraction, just like what HTF said in the recent podcast.
I agree, it would end up like shrek where the park map has to specifically tell you it takes place between one and two. I just put it in for $h!%z and giggles

Gareth Edwards is directing the 2016 Star Wars spinoff and he's still directing Godzilla 2, so I don't see Warner Bros fast tracking the sequel.

Jaws closed on January 2, 2012. So If we are to consider that potter started within a 1 month time period, we could say that it took Uni nearly 2 years and 4 month to complete.

Remove the time it took to tear everything down and fill in the land (plus everything else they had to do, which Hopefully someone can chime in on. Kong plot doesn't have this issue.

Lets say it took two years to construct (vertical)
London facade, HE, Gringotts, DA, the station at hogsemeade, all the stores, restaurants, and everything else.

And its going to take 2 years to do Kong?

I truly believe that if they use 1/2 of those resources on kong we could see it up in 15 months max. Not 24

And to add to this, if what HTF says is true about the ride, the ride system/vehicle does not seem new or revolutionary at all, however I'm sure the sets will be. So less dynamic than Gringotts and HE.

What am I getting at

Kong for 2015! :hail: :kingkong:

Last edited:
Jaws closed on January 2, 2012. So If we are to consider that potter started within a 1 month time period, we could say that it took Uni nearly 2 years and 4 month to complete.

Remove the time it took to tear everything down and fill in the land (plus everything else they had to do, which Hopefully someone can chime in on. Kong plot doesn't have this issue.

Lets say it took two years to construct (vertical)
London facade, HE, Gringotts, DA, the station at hogsemeade, all the stores, restaurants, and everything else.

And its going to take 2 years to do Kong?

I truly believe that if they use 1/2 of those resources on kong we could see it up in 15 months max. Not 24

And to add to this, if what HTF says is true about the ride, the ride system/vehicle does not seem new or revolutionary at all, however I'm sure the sets will be. So less dynamic than Gringotts and HE.

What am I getting at

Kong for 2015! :hail: :kingkong:

Well said, I'm all for your prediction

The museum since it is USF's 25th anniversary. The buried a time capsule at the opening and it's set to be unearthed next year. The museum will be the natural place to store the artifacts.

I don't know if the museum will be about movies or parks but I really hope it's a good mix. I for one would love to see kong, slimer AA, barbera stuff, old marvel costumes and horror nights for the museum. I don't think people realize how big of a history this resort has had in its 20 years. Sure it's not disney standards but it's pretty close. There is definitely enough history to fill a museum and if they made a giant room of old ride props I'd probably cry :lol:

No. That was removed in 2006, and won't be opened at the Nick Resort until 2042.

I don't know much about the USF time capsule. I know it has the Psycho knife, but can't find much other info on it.

Yeah I know it was removed that's why I was confused