Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2016 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival

Much of F&W is recycled from the previous year, but the few menu upgrades that have been made look awesome! The only complaint I have this year is the obvious lack of Smashmouth in the concert lineup.

For the first time since before they started charging for the seminars back about 7-8 years ago or so, I'm actually doing a wine tasting this year. Skywalker Vineyards (of Lucasfilm's Skywalker Ranch in California), their wine isn't typically available around this part of the country.

Has anybody been to this yet?

Heading tomorrow and really excited about and finally going to drink around the world.

This is definitely a stupid question but I'm guessing Disney are ok with people wearing t shirts relating to drinking?

Specifically this one:
fc,220x200,heather_grey.2u2.jpg

^ You definitely won't be alone in that.

I don't know if this is new or not but my friend went this weekend and bought a $109 coupon book that gets you 16 coupons for 1 item at each booth. I was like... did you do the math? I remember most things being around $5 so either prices went way up or you have to use some strategy to come out ahead.

^ You definitely won't be alone in that.

I don't know if this is new or not but my friend went this weekend and bought a $109 coupon book that gets you 16 coupons for 1 item at each booth. I was like... did you do the math? I remember most things being around $5 so either prices went way up or you have to use some strategy to come out ahead.

I was getting a little paranoid but thanks for clearing it up! :cheers:

That does seem a little steep for the coupon book unless it includes alcohol.

I think we're going to go on Tuesday now as the weather is looking a little unpredictable tomorrow. We also had a big meal at the melting pot tonight so I think a days breathing room for a lot of food is probably wise.

I was getting a little paranoid but thanks for clearing it up! :cheers:

That does seem a little steep for the coupon book unless it includes alcohol.

I think we're going to go on Tuesday now as the weather is looking a little unpredictable tomorrow. We also had a big meal at the melting pot tonight so I think a days breathing room for a lot of food is probably wise.

The coupon can be used for either a food or drink item.

The food prices vary from 2.50 for a very small dessertup to $8 or $9 for pricier items. So depending on what you are getting it could be a deal. But I never get 16 items, so no way am I buying a book. I could see locals doing it if they plan on going multiple times.

I'll be heading there on October 9th & 10th. Have really been wanting to go, so since my wife is headed to Orlando for a convention, we thought we could tack this onto the trip.

That's called The Tasting Sampler. You also get a pin and lanyard, whatever that is worth.

The Tasting Samplers includes:
  • A “credential” with vouchers for either 8 or 16 food or beverage items at over 30 Global Marketplace locations (certain exclusions may apply and will be listed on voucher)
  • Limited-edition 21st Epcot International Food & Wine Festival trading pin and lanyard
Details
  • Epcot Global Marketplace
  • Daily, September 14 to November 14, 2016
  • 11:00 AM to Closing
  • $59 per Guest plus tax for 8 food or beverage items
  • $109 per Guest plus tax for 16 food or beverage items
Purchase the Tasting Samplers at these locations:
  • The Festival Center
  • Bridge Kiosk East
  • Bridge Kiosk West
  • Canada Festival Emporium
  • Festival Boutique Kiosk (located between the Japan Pavilion and the Morocco Pavilion)

^ I did the math after hearing about that deal and decided it wasn't worth it for me. Most of the food items I wanted were around $4 and all I drank were the beers which were also around the $4 mark. If you're drinking the $8 - $10.25 mixed drinks then it's totally worth it.

I honestly was not that impressed this year. It might have been the heat as it was miserable out there on Saturday, but it felt like our mission was to go to a booth and then hide in a gift shop for 30 minutes. I definitely wouldn't go this time of year again. It was one of those days where you wished Disney would be a roof over the park .

From what I can remember I had these from the Festival booths:

Hacker-Pschorr Hefe Weisse – $4.00
“Le Cellier” Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle-Butter Sauce – $7.75
Chicken Pot Stickers – $4.00
Tsingtao Lager – $3.50
Boeuf Bourguignon: Cabernet Sauvignon-braised Short Ribs with Mashed Potatoes – $6.25
Kronenbourg Blanc 1664 Pale Lager – $4.25
Smoked Beef Brisket and Pimento Cheese Served on Griddled Garlic Toast – $5.25
Dogfish Head Chicory Stout, Milton, DE – $4.00
Jamaican Beef Patty – $4.75
Presidente Pilsner – $3.75
Moretti Lager – $5.50
Kirin Pale Lager – $4.00
Taco de Camarón: Battered Shrimp served over a Flour Tortilla with Crispy Purple Cabbage and Chipotle Mayonnaise – $5.75
Bohemia Pilsner with Floater – $4.75
Okocim O.K. Beer Euro Pale Lager – $4.00

Best beer I had was the Dogfish Head Chicory Stout and the best food were the Tacos de Camarón and the Boeuf Bourguignon.

The girlfriend wants to go back at the end of October so hopefully it cools down and I can actually enjoy the items more.

Had a great time at F&W yesterday. Got to Epcot around 11 and made it halfway round the WS. Everything was delicious and the crowds were manageable. I liked how they handled the lines and we never waited more than 10 min in line for anything.
Going back this morning to tackle the 2nd half !

I honestly was not that impressed this year. It might have been the heat as it was miserable out there on Saturday, but it felt like our mission was to go to a booth and then hide in a gift shop for 30 minutes. I definitely wouldn't go this time of year again. It was one of those days where you wished Disney would be a roof over the park .

The heat has been unbearable lately but especially in EPCOT. I literally saw American Adventure, Impressions de France, O Canada, and Reflections of China all in the same day just.. to escape.. the heat.

Sunday was definitely better than Saturday in terms of heat. Just had to find shady spots while eating which was sometimes a challenge. Felt more like August weather when we went to Uni

Went twice this week, once on Saturday and again on Tuesday. Tuesday the park itself was MORE packed then Saturday but I'm guessing that had to do with Matthew more than anything.

The food this year was amazing, the lines BOTH days were VERY manageable. I love that they are using the Odyssey restaurant for the Craft Beer section, however I wish they would have gotten more creative with the breweries in there.

Agreed with Roll N Fear that the Chicory Stout was the best beer available. Germany had one unfiltered pilsner and a lot of hefeweizens. No Oktoberfests, Dunkels or any other styles. Food wise, the new Caribbean location has AMAZING mini Jamaican patties. The New Zealand Venison steak was awesome. Canada OF COURSE.

Will be back on 11/12 for Dapper Day. I'm hoping it's not too packed on that day, but I like this years event.