2018 Hurricane Thread | Inside Universal Forums

2018 Hurricane Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I LIVE in a city in sc named Florence, and I’ve been trying to move to the mountains for 2 years. The irony of a hurricane named Florence hitting me while I’m still somehow stuck in florence isn’t lost on me :/

Florence isn’t the only possible hurricane in the future, sadly. We got Issac entering the Gulf, Helene out at sea, and two more tropical waves (I think that’s what they’re called?) coming out of Africa. This is going to be an interesting couple of weeks.

That hot Caribbean water is sure causing havoc with the weather. It's getting tough to find a good time to vacation in Orlando. I quit scheduling fall vacations, and this year we even ran into bad weather from tropical storms in May. With us, it's not just what happens in Orlando, but also the Carolinas and Georgia since we have to drive through there to get to Orlando or go back home from Orlando.

Last edited:
I always keep an eye on the hurricanes from back home. Ill be keeping a closer eye on this one as I could be on the edge of the impact zone, also driving down to Florida on Friday for a cruise on Saturday.

I always keep an eye on the hurricanes from back home. Ill be keeping a closer eye on this one as I could be on the edge of the impact zone, also driving down to Florida on Friday for a cruise on Saturday.
And....another UK Trigg Bucket List item presents itself....'experiencing a Hurricane'......The Trigg likes to live dangerously :rock:

This is.... not good. At all. Reminds me of Harvey from last year.

My in-laws live in Morehead City, the very bottom of the outer banks in NC. Took them 11hrs to get to southern Baltimore to get to family there. Said the traffic getting over the bridge and out was just unreal. Hoping the storm surge doesn’t take the house with it. They just moved there from PA last summer to be closer to the ocean and away from the cold. Wonder if they’ll regret that...

Ever heard of the Waffle House Index? Curious article here:

FEMA uses the Waffle House to determine how bad a storm is - CNN

This caught my eye only because four days after the major hurricane hit central Florida in 2004, I couldn’t take another day without a cup of coffee (no power). So, I ventured out at 4 in the morning on trecherous roads and had to drive all the way up to 192 before I saw lights on... and I got my cup of coffee at Waffle House. They actually gave it to me, for free.

Ever heard of the Waffle House Index? Curious article here:

FEMA uses the Waffle House to determine how bad a storm is - CNN

This caught my eye only because four days after the major hurricane hit central Florida in 2004, I couldn’t take another day without a cup of coffee (no power). So, I ventured out at 4 in the morning on trecherous roads and had to drive all the way up to 192 before I saw lights on... and I got my cup of coffee at Waffle House. They actually gave it to me, for free.

It was announced that the Waffle House in Morehead City has closed. If that is any indication, this is bad.

Reactions: Teebin