Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2018 International Festival of the Arts at Epcot

Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
Returning to Epcot for a second year, the Epcot International Festival of the Arts will celebrate all things art – performing, visual and culinary – from January 12 – February 19 – with festivities running seven days a week and Disney On Broadway performances happening each weekend (Fridays through Mondays) in 2018.

Last year, the Disney On Broadway series was a highlight of the festival for many guests. We’re happy to share a first look at the lineup of Broadway artists set to take the America Gardens Theatre stage this year.
  • January 12-15 and 19-22: Kara Lindsay (NEW!) and Kevin Massey, who will perform songs from “Tarzan,” “Aladdin,” “Newsies” and “Frozen.”
  • January 26-29 and February 2-5: Kissy Simmons and Alton Fitzgerald White, who will perform songs from “Tarzan,” “The Lion King,” “Aida,” “Aladdin,” and “The Little Mermaid.”
  • February 9-12 and 16-19: Ashley Brown and Josh Strickland, who will perform songs from “Beauty and the Beast,” “The Little Mermaid,” “Tarzan,” “Mary Poppins,” “Newsies” and “Frozen.”
All Disney on Broadway shows are included in theme park admission and will take place Fridays through Mondays at 5:30, 6:45 and 8 p.m.

12 Days of Disney Parks Christmas: 2018 Disney on Broadway Line-Up Announced | Disney Parks Blog

this is becoming more and more like a mini-Food and wine. Has anyone been yet? How are the food options? I have a reservation for lunch, but thinking I may just get something from a kiosk if the food is good.

this is becoming more and more like a mini-Food and wine. Has anyone been yet? How are the food options? I have a reservation for lunch, but thinking I may just get something from a kiosk if the food is good.
There's definitely a lot of good stuff at this festival, and there's more this year now that some of the countries have their own booths too.

Red Wine-Braised Beef Short Rib is still my favorite, same as last year. Some of the new food options are pretty good too.

IMG_6706.JPG

New Roasted Pork Roulade and returning Pan-Seared Scallop from The Artist's Table are good:
IMG_6748.JPG

The Coconut Panda Rice Cake is the most Instagramable item and the Crispy Shrimp are yummy from The Painted Panda:
IMG_6680.JPG

This festival has A LOT of really good desserts.

The new Deconstructed Cheesecake was okay:
IMG_6540.JPG

But I'm a fan of the Almond Frangipane Cake from Pop Eats, same as it was last year. Love it so so much!
IMG_6569.JPG

There's still a few new and returning dishes I'd like to try like the Gallery Bites: A Trio of Hors d’Oeuvres from Painter's Palate and Deconstructed Reuben from The Deconstructed Dish, among others.

Honestly, this has quickly become my favorite festival, maybe tied with Flower and Garden. The Food and Wine food selection just doesn't do it for me really. Plus, this and Flower and Garden have more interesting things to do between snacking!

IMG_6526d.JPG

I'm going Thursday next week. Hopefully, it won't be too crowded, although it is a "early magic hours" day :(

I'm going Thursday next week. Hopefully, it won't be too crowded, although it is a "early magic hours" day :(
I'm sure it'll be much better than the weekend still. That's when the locals come out to the festivals in droves. I was there last Saturday and I think the cold weather is scaring some folks away so wasn't too bad. Food booths open at 11am, have fun!

ok couple thoughts on this fest, and epcot in general.

All the food we had from the vendors was fantastic. Our favorite being the Mushroom Risotto, followed by the deconstructed BLT. Yummy. I almost ordered a second helping. They were also both priced "reasonable" for Disney standards.

Now we went on a Thursday, but there were literally NO LINES, for Any of the food. Not even when the park was at peak capacity in the afternoon.

This is currently Disney's "Best Kept Secret", and will probably eventually become an overcrowded clusterxxxx when the "food and wine" folks figure this out.

Not a lot of "art" at the festival though. I'm sure this fest will just get bigger every year though.

Other Epcot thoughts....
Soarin: over the world is somehow more "borin" then the original film. I didn't think that was possible. Snooze fest. Thank goodness the line was short when we went on it. The Land is more exciting.
Frozenstorm: Way too little, too late. To quote my 8 year old..."That's it?"...we had fast passes for this one. Thank goodness.

At the moment, I'd say Test Track is the only ride at the park I enjoyed. ONE ride! ..Epcot needs a lot of work.