Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Ice Breaker (SWO)

Isn't Wild Arctic supposed to be receiving an overhaul soon as well?
Yeah, I think the old simulator is supposed to be getting replaced with a flying theater. I really like that the Arctic theme seems to be getting expanded into a fully-fledged themed land, though I also think guests are going to be that much more confused when there are two disparate 'arctic' lands on opposite sides of the park lol

Yeah, I think the old simulator is supposed to be getting replaced with a flying theater. I really like that the Arctic theme seems to be getting expanded into a fully-fledged themed land, though I also think guests are going to be that much more confused when there are two disparate 'arctic' lands on opposite sides of the park lol

Might be confusing, but...

Antarctica Land is based off of Antarctica which is in the Southern Hemisphere.

Wild Arctic is based off of the Arctic which is located in the Northern Hemisphere. Opposite sides of the world yet pretty similar

If you want family dark rides the mouse is right up the street. Most theme park visitors appreciate some form of thrills.

If you want family dark rides the mouse is right up the street. Most theme park visitors appreciate some form of thrills.

There's certainly a market for it now. I think SeaWorld will be a great compliment to both Disney or Universal as their resorts grow.
I agree. There’s enough family entertainment in Orlando. I appreciate the big thrills Sea World has been adding.

I'm not saying they shouldn't add thrills. There is nothing wrong with wanting them to have a good mixture of thrill and non thrill rides. And why should I have to stick to Disney when SeaWorld is one of my favorite parks in Orlando.

*looks at Antarctica*

Stick to the thrills, SeaWorld.
So because they failed once that means they should never try again?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to interject with my monthly Antarctica is not that bad post. :grin: My family's favorite ride in Orlando.

I think SeaWorld has a great family ride portfolio though, for the youngest there is Sesame Street, one level up there is Antarctica & Turtle Trek, another level up there is Infinity Falls and Journey to Atlantis (we don't talk about Wild Arctic) and then you get into the 3 B&M thrill coasters. It's also worth remembering that most families will also spend a large amount of their day at animal exhibits and shows.

They will likely add some family friendly flats like the ones that opened at SWSA this year at some point. It's kind of needed for the in-between ages of Sesame Street and adult. The last 2 additions have been family and kid friendly. Many parks have a cycle they do to continually provide new experiences for different age groups. Next year is a mildly thrilling launch coaster. Following that will be a revamp to Wild Arctic...which will again be family and/or kid friendly. Family friendly flats could come after that, or as part of the continued revamp of the the Wild Arctic area...guess we'll see.

I think we will see some family flats added in the coming years. It just makes sense to help round out the selection of attractions. Four major coasters, two water rides, along with a great kids area are a great foundation for becoming less reliant on animal shows. A few family flats done well would be a logical way to expand their offerings.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see the Antarctica ride eventually go away. I'd guess it's costly to maintain the vehicles and it seems to be labor intensive as well.