Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Ice Breaker (SWO)

That's assuming there's a block brake somewhere mid-course. From the length shown in the site plan, I wouldn't count on that.
There doesn't always have to be a block brake mid course to run 3 trains on a coaster :)

Wicker Man at Alton Towers is a good example, the lift acts as the block on that ride as could the quadruple launch section on this ride. It could E stop on the 4th launch if the previous train hasn't cleared the final brake run.

So you could have one train finishing up the ride circuit, one loading and one beginning the quadruple launch sequence.

There doesn't always have to be a block brake mid course to run 3 trains on a coaster :)

Wicker Man at Alton Towers is a good example, the lift acts as the block on that ride as could the quadruple launch section on this ride. It could E stop on the 4th launch if the previous train hasn't cleared the final brake run.

So you could have one train finishing up the ride circuit, one loading and one beginning the quadruple launch sequence.

B&M Gigas aren't being built with MCBR's either.

And then half the time a train load of guests is sitting outside of the station in the hot sun because someone can't figure out how the restraints work...
Still makes for better capacity than one train leaves the station and the next train hasn't hit the brake run yet. Making it so theres always a train entering the station when one leaves is almost always better.

I'm not angry they're adding this, but they already have 3 big boy coasters. A wavebreaker coaster or SWSD Manta with more room to spread out would have been a great family coaster addition. This seems seems to be a decidedly thrill coaster.

Track length: 2,000 ft.
Track Traveled: 2,850 ft.
Max Height: 80 ft.
Max Drop: 75 ft.
Max Speed 45-50 mph.
Number of Trains: 2
Number of Cars Per Train: 3
Number of Riders Per Train: 18
Ride Time: 80-90 seconds
Capacity: 900-1000 People Per Hour
Footprint: 625 x 165 ft.
Inversions: 1 (Sidewinder - "soft inversion")
Height Restriction: 48"
Launches: 4 (First launch being backwards)

Notes:

Train will will be on switch track when it leaves that station and will then engage the main course / launch track. Backwards launches will go into a double up, forwards launches will go into a twisting double up. At the end of the reverse launches will be a beyond vertical spike that will look a little bit like a hook. At the end of the last launch will be a top hat that will put the ride at it's max height. It'll twist 90* to the right on the ascent up and there will be a copper fin brake at the top to hold the train for a "cliffhanger" effect. Out of the top hat will be a low to the ground banked turn and then right into a set of airtime hill that will be taken with some decent speed. Then comes the sidewinder...and another aitime hill immediately following. Three more small airtime hills / s-curves and then you're hopping up into the brake run.

While this coaster will have a few thrill seeker elements....this coaster is all about the middle ground that they've lacked at that park, a 48" coaster to bridge the gap from Grover and Manta / Mako / Kraken.

^Thanks!

With the 2 train thing, is that 2 trains altogether, or 2 trains running at once with a 3rd for maintenance schedules, or a Tigris style system where they have extra cars to rotate onto the 2 trains for maintenance?

If it's just 2 trains then they will have to run the ride on a single 18 seater train for significant portions of the year as each train is stripped down and rebuilt annually, which would produce a capacity that is lower than Tigris due to the longer ride cycle. I'm thinking that would probably not be acceptable to the park.

Last edited:
Max Speed 45-50 mph.

Notes:

Train will will be on switch track when it leaves that station and will then engage the main course / launch track. Backwards launches will go into a double up, forwards launches will go into a twisting double up. At the end of the reverse launches will be a beyond vertical spike that will look a little bit like a hook. At the end of the last launch will be a top hat that will put the ride at it's max height. It'll twist 90* to the right on the ascent up and there will be a copper fin brake at the top to hold the train for a "cliffhanger" effect. Out of the top hat will be a low to the ground banked turn and then right into a set of airtime hill that will be taken with some decent speed. Then comes the sidewinder...and another aitime hill immediately following. Three more small airtime hills / s-curves and then you're hopping up into the brake run.

While this coaster will have a few thrill seeker elements....this coaster is all about the middle ground that they've lacked at that park, a 48" coaster to bridge the gap from Grover and Manta / Mako / Kraken.
Pumped, this sounds like it's going to be a really unique attraction

The construction fence runs up towards Shamu Stadium now, blocking the pathway along the lakeside toward Mango Joe's. I was walking around that this morning envisioning the spike going up towards the stadium across the pathway. This is going to make a huge visual impact in that section of the park. Construction crew was hard at work clearing the area for the station behind MJ's.

I'm really glad to see that the SeaWorld parks are all hard at work on their 2020 coasters so early in the year so they can open in time for the spring season.

Max Speed 45-50 mph.

Notes:

Lol for a second I thought this was officially announced. (as in stats)

It sounds great, though. If this comes with Wild Arctic biting the dust, man... what a great time for SWO.

I could see something like Sesame Street: Street Mission which just opened at PortAventura in spain working.
Its an interactive (cookie throwing) dark ride, screens and sets, ok themed.

I’d go far beyond ok themed and say this is the best shooter ride I’ve been on. It’s got everything Midway Mania lacks. Has a thrill factor. AAs. Sets as well as screens, balanced well. An element of thrill. It’s fantastic!

I’d go far beyond ok themed and say this is the best shooter ride I’ve been on. It’s got everything Midway Mania lacks. Has a thrill factor. AAs. Sets as well as screens, balanced well. An element of thrill. It’s fantastic!

Would really round out the park well (as long as SW's creative group doesn't touch it).

Would really round out the park well (as long as SW's creative group doesn't touch it).
I think all they would do is the facade to match the rest of the new area, which they’ve shown they can actually do really well with all the interactive components of the current one.

I mean, Midway Mania is trash so it's not a hard battle haha

I could honestly see Sea World calling up Sally Corp someday to do it

One in a Mummy's tomb would be fun for BGT as well