Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

3 Days at Universal & 5 Days at Disney. My Trip Recap

Day 8: Downtown Disney

After we left Animal Kingdom for the day we went right back to our Hotel. Im not gonna lie it was actually kind of nice to be done with the parks early again (something we hadn't done since our Universal Studios Florida day) and be able to go back to the hotel and rest up for a bit. Since I nearly killed my cameras battery again (the back up was used for most of the final pictures from the Asian trails onwards) it gave me time to recharge the primary camera before heading back out for the night. It also gave us time to rest our feet and Daniel was able to feed without being distracted.

We rested for just over an hour before we once again left our hotel for a nighttime activity that we have done on every single visit we've had to Florida. Even if we weren't having a "Disney" vacation. We would be going to Downtown Disney. We have always loved Downtown Disney. We fell in love with it in 2009 and have loved it every year since. Its a nice little slice of the Disney magic even if your not visiting any parks. You could spend hours here alone if you take your time looking at all the different shops and shows that take place here.

Parking was kind of a pain though as we weren't expecting it to be so packed on a Thursday night but it was way, way busy. But after driving around the parking lot we eventually found a spot near the Marketplace area of the shopping complex. Which was good cause this is the area we wanted to be in.

Day8AnimalKingdom464.jpg

This was because by this time at night we were starving. It was much later then when we had normally been eating. But this was intentional as we had a place in mind for Dinner that we had been craving for since the last time we ate here back in 2010. That place is Earl of Sandwich.

Day8AnimalKingdom397.jpg

Day8AnimalKingdom398.jpg

When we ate here the first time we fell in love with this sandwich shop. We wish that we had one closer to us back home in Utah but its probably a good thing we don't because we would likely be poor if there was. It easily takes the top spot for my favorite Toasted Sandwich shop. When we have come here in the past the lines were always way crazy busy for it. However we came late enough that there was practically no wait to order. I decided to try the Full Montagu and Kiera got (if I recall right) the Hawaiian BBQ. We also got a Muffin and bag of chips to share and I got a soda cup. Now the food is very, very good but whats even better is how cheap it is. With all that we got it was still one of the cheapest meals we had the entire vacation. I love that although its on Disney Property it doesn't have Disney prices. So check out of Earl Of Sandwich when at Disney World. You won't be dissapointed.

Day8AnimalKingdom399.jpg

After a filling and very good dinner we started looking around the Downtown Disney Marketplace area shops. And we started with one located right next to Earl of Sandwich. The Disney's Days of Christmas shop. Although we already bought our Disney Christmas Ornament a few days earlier at Epcot (we are "swapping" ornaments with last years) it was still fun looking around at all the different and fun Christmas goods that the store sells. Its a must look for any Christmas fanataic but since we bought the ornament already we walked out of the store with nothing.

Day8AnimalKingdom401.jpg

Day8AnimalKingdom402.jpg

The store I was looking forward to going to was the one we went to next. This store is the Once Upon a Toy store and sells an assortment of Disney themed toys. Theres also many none Disney toys too from Hasbro. What It is really cool about it though is that it has a couple of build it yourself sections. One is a build your own Mr. Potato head station which someday will be fun for Daniel. But the sation I was going here for was the Build your Own Lightsaber area. If you recall I really wanted to do this in Hollywood Studios but we ran out of time. So this was a must do for me.

Day8AnimalKingdom403.jpg

Day8AnimalKingdom419.jpg

The first thing I noticed about the station here was how big of a mess it was. The one in Hollywood Studios was much more organized and they had a CM on hand to assist. There was no one in sight here but I figured I could do it on my own. I took my time finding what parts I wanted to use and built the Lightsabor to my perfection. Eventually somebody did come over to start cleaning up the station and helped me out when I forgot a piece. It took long enough though that Daniel got bored and fell asleep lol. Once I finished though I was happy with the final result and thought it was alot of fun building my own Lightsaber. And I wasn't doing this just for fun. This was my souviner for the trip. Since I bought a Wand from the Wizard World of Harry Potter back in 2010 I had to have the Lightsaber to go with it. Its even cheaper then the Wands cost as a single blade lightsabor was only $23. Kiera told me I should do a double blade for only like $3 more but I told her I didn't want a double blade. I just wanted a single. We checked out and continued on thru the stores. I look to that day when Daniel gets old enough to do the Jedi Training Academy so we can have fun building him a lightsaber too.

Day8AnimalKingdom406.jpg

Day8AnimalKingdom408.jpg

Day8AnimalKingdom410.jpg

Day8AnimalKingdom411.jpg

Day8AnimalKingdom415.jpg

Day8AnimalKingdom417.jpg

As we continued along we stopped and looked in the TrenD and Team Mickey Athletic Club Shops. Team Mickey also currently has the RideMakerz shop in it as well where you can build your own car (like a build a bear). I think this would be cool but it could get pretty expensive very quickly. Needless to say we didn't buy anything in ether store and continued on past the Ghirardelli Soda Fountain which had lines out the door.

Day8AnimalKingdom420.jpg

Our next stop was at another Must visit any time we are in Orlando. The World of Disney store. This store is the largest of its kind and you will be able to find pretty much anything Disney Park related in the store. Which was good because we've been waiting to buy stuff until this night at this store. The first thing we started looking for was a Purse for Kiera. After looking around the parks she found a few purses that the liked and was in need of a new one so she figured thats what she would get for herself on this vacation. We eventually found one that she liked (picture will come later) and we continued browsing the store.

Day8AnimalKingdom421.jpg

Day8AnimalKingdom422.jpg

The other thing we wanted to get was some Mouse Ears for Daniel. I mean thats pretty much a right of passage isn't it? Every little kid needs a pair of Mouse Ears on the first visit to Disney. Although we didn't find the Infant sized hats with the other hats. Instead they are located with the Baby/Infant/Toddler section of the store. We were also still considering getting him a shirt or something too for his first visit but we couldn't find anything we liked in his size.

Day8AnimalKingdom426.jpg

One of our other vacation traditions we have is that we get some Postcards to represent the place we visited on vacation. As you know I already talked about this during the Universal portion of the trip and expressed that its getting tougher to find Park postcards that we don't already have. Well that seemed even harder at Disney as we couldn't find ANY single park Post cards. Every postcard they had was just a generic Disney World post card that featured all 4 parks. I wanted 1 for each park. Something we couldn't even find in the parks themselves. It was kind of sad but I just got 1 generic 4 park card and called it good. We also picked up a new Minnie Mouse pen for Kiera and then went and checked out. We spent a good chunck of time in the World of Disney shop and it was now nearing closing time.

Day8AnimalKingdom423.jpg

Day8AnimalKingdom424.jpg

After leaving the World of Disney we next walked down to the Lego Store. We didn't plan on buying anything here but its always fun to stop in and see the displays that they have built out of Legos. Its pretty amazing what all they can do. We especially liked the newer Disney themed displays outside the store as well.

Day8AnimalKingdom427.jpg

Day8AnimalKingdom428.jpg

Day8AnimalKingdom429.jpg

Day8AnimalKingdom430.jpg

Day8AnimalKingdom431.jpg

Day8AnimalKingdom433.jpg

Day8AnimalKingdom434.jpg

Day8AnimalKingdom437.jpg

Downtown Disney actually consists of Three areas. We were currently in the Marketplace area of the complex and after passing the T-Rex restaurant we would be entering the next area called Pleasure Island. Back in the Day Pleasure Island was the nighttime Hot Spot on the Disney Property as it offered many themed clubs and nightlife for adults. However 5 years ago Disney shut down all the clubs and the area is now nothing more then empty buildings and a few small shops and resturants. Disney supposedly has plans to renovate this section of the Downtown Disney complex but those plans now seem to be on hold. There really isn't even anything here to take photos of .

Day8AnimalKingdom438.jpg

Day8AnimalKingdom439.jpg

Day8AnimalKingdom441.jpg

The Third and newest section of Downtown Disney is the West Side. With closing time happening at any minute we quickly ran into a couple shops. The first was the D Street store which sells many of the Vinylmations. I expected that this would be where I could find the Tron Vinylmations but since I found them earlier at the Character Warehouse We were more so just browsing and seeing the Different Vinylmations. I couldn't belive how expensive some of these can get. And that theres people that actually pay for them. I think some are pretty cool but I could never get in to collecting or trading them.

Day8AnimalKingdom442.jpg

Day8AnimalKingdom443.jpg

Day8AnimalKingdom444.jpg

Day8AnimalKingdom445.jpg

We also ran into the Candy Cauldron Shop as well and looked at all the Disney themed treats they had for sale. However like D Street we just looked around and didn't buy anything. This would also be our last shop we looked in as they closed the doors for the night right before we exited. Something that echoed thru most of the Downtown Disney shops at 11pm.

Day8AnimalKingdom446.jpg

This West Side section to me seems like the hip and happening area of the Complex as it offers many entertainment options. From the Characters in Flight Hot Air Balloon to the AMC Movie Theater. Also Higher end entertainment like the Disneyquest indoor theme park and a Cirque De Solie Show. There are also some popular restaurants in this area such as Planet Hollywood and House of Blues. Coming soon is even the new Splitsville Bowling Alley. Although we didn't do any of these things on this trip we have at at House of Blues a couple times before and even went to a movie at the AMC theater and were blown away by how great that theater is. Just plan on paying that Disney premium for these items that you likely have much cheaper at home.

Day8AnimalKingdom447.jpg

Day8AnimalKingdom448.jpg

Day8AnimalKingdom449.jpg

Day8AnimalKingdom450.jpg

With everything closing up we decided to call it a night. Danny was tired and getting hungry again so we walked back thru Pleasure Island and the Marketplace and back to our car. We found and bought all that we wanted to get so it was time to head back to the Hotel.

Day8AnimalKingdom452.jpg

Day8AnimalKingdom453.jpg

Day8AnimalKingdom454.jpg

Day8AnimalKingdom455.jpg

Day8AnimalKingdom456.jpg

Day8AnimalKingdom457.jpg

Day8AnimalKingdom461.jpg

We had a great evening at Downtown Disney and just wished that maybe we had a little extra time to look around. Still Downtown Disney will continue to be a must do on any of our Orlando trips even when we aren't visiting any Disney parks. Like I said before its just a small slice of Disney Magic. Check it out if you have time on your trip or if your just passing thru.

When we returned to the hotel we were exhausted from over a weeks worth of park time. Tomorrow was a day that we had looked forward to since Sunday. It was another take it easy day. A day that we planned to sleep in and relax and take it at our own pace. We had seen all the parks now so our day would not be rushed to try and see everything. We would have a long and good nights sleep. We only had 1 full day left in Orlando so we would take it easy and finish doing what we wanted to do.

Day 9: Epcot

Finally a day of rest had come. We have gone none stop with near rope drop openings for the past 4 days which makes for some early mornings when you also have an Infant to feed and get ready prior to heading to the parks. Today would be our final full day in the Orlando area and would finally be an easy a day. A day where we would sleep in and not rush to get to the parks.

We took advantage of not needing to be at a park early and managed to sleep in past 10am. Once awake for the day we continued taking our time getting ready for the day so with the late sleep in taking our time to get ready for the day we once again missed out on the free breakfast that our hotel offered. That was ok though cause by this point we were done with it lol.

At around 11:45am we finally found ourselves leaving the hotel. As we started out our final Full day in Orlando the next thing on our list after sleeping in was to find food. Typically we would have ate twice by this point. And since we wouldn't be eating a meal in the park for lunch like we had every other day of this trip we decided to try a restuarant that we don't have that came from a recomendation from my Mom and Step Dad before they drove home to South Carolina. That place is a Steak n' Shake.

We found a Steak n' Shake location just outside the other end of the Disney Property near Downtown Disney which worked great cause thats the direction we were going. The drive took about 10 minutes to get there and it was pretty easy to find. When my mom was discribing the place I was expecting it to be a Fast Food joint so I was kind of suprised to find out that its actually more like a restaurant. We were also able to get right in and get a table.

Day9Epcot3.jpg

For those who have never been to a Steak n' Shake the name pretty much gives away what it is. Inside is themed like a Diner and there known for there Steak Burgers and Shakes. Kiera and I both ordered burgers and we also got a grasshoper shake to try. When we got the food we were both impressed with it and really thought the burgers were very good. The shake was also very good. And once again because we were not on Disney Property this was one of our cheapest meals of the trip. The pricing was very reasonable. We were really happy to try and it will go back again next time we are in Florida.

Day9Epcot3.jpg

The next place we would be heading was down the street and on the other side of the freeway. A place that we had driven past on many of our previous visits but have never stoped at. We were heading to the Orlando Premium Outlets located just across the freeway from the Disney Property.

We have always been a big fan of the Las Vegas Premium Outlets and with the Orlando Premium Outlets being owned by the same company we looked forward to similar shopping options. We found Parking to be much better at these outlets compared to the Prime Outlets on International Drive near Universal that we went to earlier in the week. Instead of just a large lot the Premium Outlets has a large Parking Garage.

Day9Epcot5.jpg

As we entered the Outlet shopping area we found it felt very similar to the Prime Outlets. And we soon found out why. They are actually both owned by the same company. So many of the shops were the same between the two Outlets. We took our time and browsed the stores but they all seemed to be the same and carried the same items as the Prime Outlets that we shopped at earlier.

Day9Epcot6.jpg

We really looked forward to looking at one store here and that was the Disney Character Warehouse. Yes we also went to this store at the Prime Outlets and even bought some stuff from it. But we were hoping maybe this location would have more (and different) items being located closer to Disney Property. The store actually seemed smaller then the Prime location and the stuff they carried seemed to be the same unfotunatly. Infact it seemed to actually carry less then the Prime Outlets did. We looked around the store for a little while but ended up walking away empty handed as nothing really stood out to us there. If your gonna go check out to the Character Warehouse to pick up discounted Disney Park merchandise then I recommend making the extra drive and going to the one at the Prime Outlets instead. The store seemed lareger and it had a much better selection being located further from Disney Property.

Day9Epcot7.jpg

When we finally left the Premium Outlets it was nearly 2pm. The day was almost half way over but the late start and not heading strait to the parks felt great. But as you may recall we had purchased 5 day Disney tickets from Undercovertourist. We had only used 4 days so far. Our day had gone as planned as we got done all we wanted to and now we would head back to a Disney park for our final evening in Orlando. So where would we go? We started making the drive towards Disney Property and once again the Religious Sky writing was once again spreading Gods love.

Day9Epcot8.jpg

Day9Epcot11.jpg

So where do you think we are heading? We decided the night before however we had a feeling this is where we would end up on our final day even before our trip had started. Seeing all 4 parks we reviewed which parks we liked most. Each had its unique charm and something we enjoyed and would like to see again. And of course we didn't see everything that each park had to offer. The choice finally came down to the question of "If we never came back to Florida again what park would we like to see one last time". We quickly ruled out Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios as many of the themes and rides were very similar in the 2 parks to our Home parks of Disneyland and Disney California Adventure. Animal Kingdom got ruled out as well quickly as we did see most of the park already and with its early closing time we would barely have an time there. If its not obvious by now we would be heading back to Epcot.

Day9Epcot10.jpg

Day9Epcot12.jpg

For arriving at the park much later in the day we were actually pretty suprised at how close of a parking spot we were able to get. It was still close enough to a tram spot where we could have rode one if we wanted to but we instead chose to walk and made it to the gates quicker then those waiting for the tram. Our tickets were scanned one final time and then we entered Epcot.

Day9Epcot14.jpg

Day9Epcot15.jpg

Day9Epcot16.jpg

Since we had been to Epcot not only once already on this trip but also the previous year as well our focus for the day would be to try and do things we hadn't done there yet and to find characters to take Daniel to one last time. As we walked thru the Leave a Legacy Plaza it became apparent though that today was gonna be a fairly mellow day as far as crowds go.

Day9Epcot18.jpg

Day9Epcot19.jpg

As we approched the first attraction in the park Spaceship Earth though we saw that there was only about a 3 minute wait for the ride. So we hoped in line and figured we would ride the attraction again. Within minutes we were on board and taking our journey thru time again. This time the photo imageing did not pick up Daniel though so it was Mine and Kieras photos on the screen during the decent and aftershow area. We of course really enjoy this ride and I believe it to be considered in the same category as Pirates of the Caribbean and the Haunted Mansion. Its a ride you must go on when at Epcot.

Day9Epcot20.jpg

Day9Epcot21.jpg

Day9Epcot22.jpg

Day9Epcot25.jpg

Day9Epcot26.jpg

After Spaceship Earth we entered the main Future World plaza and turned right towards the area of the park where the Land, Seas, and Imagination Pavillions are located. Thats because this area is also the area where the 1st Characters we would be seeing do there meet and greet at. We were going to see Chip and Dale. And there Wait was only about 5 minutes.

Day9Epcot28.jpg

Upon seeing Chip and Dale Daniel once again lit up with excitement over these costumed characters. He was laughing and grinning and just loving every minute of his time with them. You'd think that with over a week of seeing these characters that he would have bored of them by now but he was every bit as excited as he was the first time seeing one. Chip and Dale were both very cute with him.

Day9Epcot31.jpg

Day9Epcot33.jpg

Day9Epcot35.jpg

Day9Epcot36.jpg

Day9Epcot38.jpg

While waiting in line Kiera saw a sign posted that said the Seas with Nemo and Friends would be closing early tonight at 6pm. With this being a ride that Daniel enjoyed from our visit earlier in the week we figured we would take him on it again since it would be closing early. The wait turned out to be awesome as we practically walked right on to the ride. There wasn't a wait. Daniel seemed much more in to the ride this time around then he was earlier and its a ride that we both like as well but agree that the Nemo Submarines at Disneyland is better. I was disspointed again as well to see the Angel Fish still broken and in the same position it was in almost a week earlier. Still this is a cute little ride that your kids will likely love. Doing the ride was the only thing we did in the Seas Pavillion though as we spent much time in there earlier in the week. After the ride we left the building.

Day9Epcot40.jpg

Day9Epcot41.jpg

Day9Epcot42.jpg

As we exited the Seas Pavillion it was about time for Daniel to feed again. So we started to make our way across the park to Epcots Baby Care Center. The one Baby Care Center that Kiera and Daniel really hadn't used yet dispite being here earlier in the week. As we made our way there though we passed Bambis Butterfly House that is set up during the Flower and Garden festival so we stopped and decided to walk thru it on our way to the Baby Care Center. This tent has many flowers but whats really neat is the hundreds of Butterflys. We tried showing them to Daniel but he really didn't seem to care all that much so we left and continued on our way.

Day9Epcot44.jpg

Day9Epcot45.jpg

Day9Epcot46.jpg

As we crossed the bridge to the Odyssey Restaurant complex where the Baby Care Center is located you get some very pretty views of the parks Future World section. As you round the walkways of the Odyssey though you also start getting some views of the World Showcase too with the best being Morocco. And whats that towering behind Morocco in the distance. Not something you would typically see from anywhere else in the park. Its the Tower of Terror at the Hollywood Studios. Infact Disney Imagineers designed and painted the Tower of Terror the way it is specifically so it wouldn't ruing these sight lines in Morocco. Instead it would flow with them and seem part of the Pavillion. Such a cool thing they did to make intrusions from outside the park blend in. To bad they couldn't do this will all the structures that intrude on the park (I'm looking at you Swan and Dolphin Resort).

Day9Epcot47.jpg

Day9Epcot48.jpg

Day9Epcot50.jpg

Day9Epcot51.jpg

Day9Epcot52.jpg

The Baby Care Center in Epcot is set up similar to the Magic Kingdom where the Breast Feeding area is just one large room that is shared by many instead of the private rooms. Because of this strollers are not allowed in the baby care center and I obviously would not be allowed in the Feeding room. So while Kiera feed Daniel I decided to walk back up to Future World to ride another ride. Heading back up thru the Odyssey area I came across the ride I really wanted to ride again (or at all on this trip) Test Track. As you may recall Test Track is currently undergoing a Major overhaul and it will be closed until the Winter. The worst part is it closed less then a week prior to our vacation. I rode the ride when we came last year and it was easily my favorite ride in the park. Although it was closed it was interesting to see some progress had been made on the exterior in a few days.

Day9Epcot53.jpg

Day9Epcot55.jpg

Day9Epcot56.jpg

I then came upon Mission: Space which is the attraction that I was heading to. I was expecting to find a fairly long wait for the ride especially in the middle of the day so you could imagine I was pretty suprised to find the Orange Team side only had a 10 minute wait. So awesome. I hoped in line for the Orange Team and frankly there really wasn't a wait at all. I walked right thru the line and strait to a preshow area. Before long I was loading into the Space Capsal and began my flight to Mars. The ride was once again great and I love how intense the G forces are on this thing. However I must be getting use to the ride as each time I ride it, it seems to not be as forceful to me. Still its a great ride that I consider a do not miss when at Epcot. So long as you can stomach Motion Simulators and High G-Forces.

Day9Epcot57.jpg

Day9Epcot60.jpg

Day9Epcot61.jpg

Day9Epcot63.jpg

Day9Epcot64.jpg

Day9Epcot65.jpg

As I exited the Pavillion I was gonna walk up to the Old Wonders of Life Pavillion and go inside since it was open as the "Festival Center" for the Flower and Garden Festival. However as I was walking to it Kiera sent me a text letting me know she was almost done feeding so I abandoned my plans, got a couple cups of Ice Water and walked back down to the Odyssey area and Baby Care Center where Kiera had just finished feeding. As I walked past Test Track though they had the Test Track All Stars out performing. This singing group was put in place to entertain guests who would be dissapointed walking to Test Track and finding it closed. The group sang pretty good but the question has to be asked. Really Disney? You couldn't come up with something a little bit better.

Day9Epcot66.jpg

Day9Epcot67.jpg

Day9Epcot68.jpg

Day9Epcot69.jpg

Once I meet back up with Kiera and Daniel we would head into the World Showcase where we would end up spending pretty much the rest of our night. Although being right next to Mexico you'd think thats where we would start our tour around the lagoon. Nope. We decided to walk to the other side of the park so that we could start in Canada.

Day9Epcot70.jpg

Day9Epcot72.jpg

Day9Epcot73.jpg

It seems like on our previous the last 3 countries Canada, Britain, and France always get the shaft. Especially Canada. We just never seem to make it to them before nightfall and when we do we were so rushed that we didn't get the time to stop and look around like we had the other country pavillions. So as we entered the World Showcase these were the top priorities to see.

Day9Epcot75.jpg

Day9Epcot76.jpg

Day9Epcot77.jpg

As I said Canada really seems to always get the biggest shaft on our visits so I was glad that we were able to take the time and explore the pavillion. I really liked many of the interesting things found in the shop and also some of the Canada shirts but we were nearing our budget limit so we decided against buying anything. The pavilion seems to be elevated higher then others as you work your way up to the top. In the back of the Pavillion is the O'Canada movie located in some amazing rockwork and waterfalls. We only viewed them from above though as there was no easy way to get the stroller down from up top. We walked down there last year though after the park closed when it was dark and its really neat walking thru the rockwork. Although the Pavillion seems to take up alot of space overall it seems to be pretty small. Still theres alot of details here to look for.

Day9Epcot78.jpg

Day9Epcot79.jpg

Day9Epcot80.jpg

Day9Epcot83.jpg

Day9Epcot84.jpg

Day9Epcot86.jpg

Day9Epcot87.jpg

Day9Epcot89.jpg

Day9Epcot90.jpg

Day9Epcot92.jpg

Located between Canada and Britain is huge tent that is typically hidden behind a closed gate called the World Showplace. It however was not closed today though because there was a large Cheerleading Competition taking place in it. Because of this the entire World Showcase had many family, Girls, and teams spread thruout the areas that were part of this competition. Dispite this though the park never seemed packed.

Day9Epcot94.jpg

Day9Epcot95.jpg

The next Pavillion we enter is Great Britain and although we bought food here earlier in the week we quickly passed thru it as we were trying to get the Kidcot Stamps from all the countries for Daniel prior to Illuminations starting. Because we were so rushed in Britain earlier in the week It was even the 1 country that I forgot to get a Hat picture in. Needless to say I was able to get it today giving me a Hat picture from each of the World Showcase Countries. We walked thru the shops of Britain and as we exited in the back of the Pavilion there was some sort of show taking place by a band covering songs from some of Englands most popular performers. It was very loud though so we left the area and continued on to the next country.

Day9Epcot96.jpg

Day9Epcot97.jpg

Day9Epcot98.jpg

Day9Epcot99.jpg

Day9Epcot100.jpg

Day9Epcot102.jpg

Day9Epcot103.jpg

Day9Epcot104.jpg

Day9Epcot105.jpg

Next up is France but we practically just walked right on past at this time. Thats because there were characters meeting at in the next country at the time. We planned to come back to France after we were done there.

Day9Epcot106.jpg

Day9Epcot108.jpg

Day9Epcot109.jpg

Day9Epcot110.jpg

That next country is Morocco and the characters meeting were Aladdin and Jasmine. Now we know that Daniel loves costumed Characters. However we hadn't taken him to a live charcater yet. One that is a human and could talk and what not. We were excited to see a fairly short wait to meet Aladdin and Jasmine but that soon turned to disapointment as we learned the line had already been cut off. So we wouldn't be meeting them today or on this trip.

Day9Epcot111.jpg

Day9Epcot112.jpg

Day9Epcot113.jpg

As we walked back to France we saw there was already a line forming to meet Belle and the Beast who would be coming back out in 10 minutes. We wanted Daniel to at least see one Princess so we figured what the heck and got in line. The CM soon came out who handles the lines and told us that Belle comes out first and the Beast will join 10 minutes after her. He then asked if there was anyone in line wanting to meet only Belle and if so then they would get to meet her first prior to those wanting to see Belle and the Beast together. This worked out great for us as we figured we'd save the time and only meet Belle. We were the first in the Belle only line and when she came out we were the first ones to meet her.

Day9Epcot115.jpg

So how was Daniel with her. It was pretty funny as it was nowhere near the excitment he gets with the costumed Characters. Although he really liked her talking to him and would laugh and smile it was nowhere near what it typcally was. I'd say it was about the same excitment as when random strangers would stop and talk to him in the parks. It was really interesting to see the difference between live and costumed characters lol.

Day9Epcot117.jpg

Day9Epcot119.jpg

Day9Epcot120.jpg

We were able to bring that excitement level back up though as when we finished with Belle we walked over to another character meet and greet that takes place in France. Its with the cat Marie from the Disney movie the Aristocats. Daniel once again got very excited seeing another costumed character and was back to being very happy and excited. The wait was also very short for Marie which is always a plus we found when meeting characters.

Day9Epcot121.jpg

Day9Epcot124.jpg

Day9Epcot126.jpg

After meeting Marie we finished walking around the Franch Pavillion. This was a Pavillion that we always seem to look around when its dark so we took the time looking around other areas of it and also to see the Beauty and the Beast themed Topiaries that we had only seen before after nightfall.

Day9Epcot128.jpg

Day9Epcot129.jpg

Day9Epcot130.jpg

Day9Epcot131.jpg

With this being the warmest day of the trip we took the advice of some other people who were waiting in line to meet Belle to walk over to French Kidcot station and get one of the Duffy's on a stick that kids can color and stamp. Not because we were feeling crafty but because it made for a very good, free fan.

Day9Epcot132.jpg

Day9Epcot135.jpg

We had now finally explored and seen all of the Pavillions during the daylight we took our time making our way back thru the World Showcase. We walked right on past Morocco and into the Japan Pavillion. We started wandering thru some of the outdoor ports of the pavillion and after walking up the hill above the Koy Ponds we found the Quick Service restaurant located up here. It is kind of hidden from view but was a pretty area secluded from other parts of the park. We took a break and got some water before continuing on.

Day9Epcot136.jpg

Day9Epcot138.jpg

Day9Epcot139.jpg

Day9Epcot140.jpg

Day9Epcot141.jpg

Day9Epcot143.jpg

Day9Epcot144.jpg

Day9Epcot146.jpg

The next Pavillion was the America Pavillion and it also marks the center of the World Showcase. And on this trip we were finally gonna do the attraction located in this Pavillion. The American Adventure show. This show takes place I think every 45 minutes and we arrived about 15 minutes prior to the show starting. Before the show starts you enter the pavillion where you find yourself in a very beautiful foyer to wait for the show. Theres also a small exhibit of sorts to the side showcasing what many of the stars of the show did for US History. The finally announced that we could move into the theater but to get there first you travel thru a hall of Flags that has many Flags from US history hanging from the cealing. It is a pretty neat site to see.

Day9Epcot163.jpg

Day9Epcot147.jpg

Day9Epcot148.jpg

Day9Epcot149.jpg

Day9Epcot150.jpg

When we entered the theater we found some seats towards the back but in the middle of the theater. To those who have never seen the show before its around 35 minutes long and its a show put on entirely by Animatronics of famous people who contributed to US History. The show is even narrated by Mark Twain and Ben Franklin. You will then see many of the great events in US History portrayed by these animatronics.

Day9Epcot151.jpg

Day9Epcot152.jpg

For this whole trip Daniel had been great. But during this show he was finally done. He was getting somewhat fussy prior to the show starting but about 3/4's of the way thru he really lost it and there was nothing that could be done to calm him down. With his crying getting louder each second Kiera decided to pick him up and exit the show. He had enough. We guess it was because of how dark the theater got but we aren't for sure what made him fuss so badly. Just and FYI though if you find yourself in the same situation and need to exit the theater early the exit is to the Left. Kiera went to the Right where we came in and got some odd looks from some of the CM's when she exited.

Day9Epcot155.jpg

Day9Epcot156.jpg

Overall the show was really good and makes you proud to be an American. It was really intersting to see and amazing how the show works. Remember that the show is on the longer side though so make sure you set enough time aside to do the show and also pay attention to show times so you don't find yourself waiting long for the show to start. Its not something I'd see on every visit but its something you need to see at least once.

Day9Epcot157.jpg

Day9Epcot158.jpg

Day9Epcot160.jpg

As the show exited and I left the building I found Kiera sitting on the curb with Daniel waiting for me. Of course once outside Daniel was as happy as could be like nothing ever happened. Needless to say Kiera wasn't too happy with him. One of the Flower Power Concerts had also started while we were in the show. This weekend Chuck Negron was performing who is part of Three Dog Night.

Day9Epcot161.jpg

Day9Epcot162.jpg

Day9Epcot164.jpg

Day9Epcot166.jpg

We left the American Pavillion and continued walking thru the World Showcase looking for Photo Pass photographers that might still be out. However we soon realized as we made it to Germany that we were getting hungry for dinner. We debated if we should hurry and continue thru the World Showcase first and then work our way back to find food but we ended up deciding against that as we figured we'd waist too much time back tracking. What I wanted for Dinner was in America and for Kiera it was in France. So we turned around and may our way back in those directions.

Day9Epcot168.jpg

Day9Epcot169.jpg

Day9Epcot170.jpg

In America I decided to get one of the Large Turkey Legs. I have never tried one myself (except for the bites I had of my brothers at Universal Studios a week earlier) and that was one of my must dos on this trip. In France we went back to the pastery shop where Kiera got another Ham and Cheese Crousant and also an Eclair and Creme Suflee to try. Once again everything we got taisted very good. The Turkey Leg was too big for me to finish on my own and the only complaint about the pasteries was the hard part of the Creme Suffle taisted a little off but it was still good overall. Nothing like eating in France for your final night in Orlando.

Day9Epcot172.jpg

Day9Epcot173.jpg

Day9Epcot175.jpg

After dinner the Sun had started going down so we walked back to where we last left off to continue walking the World Showcase. We picked back up in Germany and we soon realized that we had never seen this side of the World Showcase after dark. It was very pretty to see how the countries are lite up at night. We did manage to find one more Photo Pass photographer out in front of the China Pavillion.

Day9Epcot178.jpg

Day9Epcot179.jpg

Day9Epcot180.jpg

Day9Epcot181.jpg

We were almost finished with the World Showcase when it became apparent that Daniel was hungry and ready to eat. As we passed into Norway Kiera decided she would go to the Baby Care Center located just outside of Mexico to feed him. With 50 minutes left until Illuminations started I figured I would have time to quickly ride Maelstrom again. However I decided against that Idea when I found many people already staking out spots along the World Showcase Lagoon to watch the show. Since Kiera missed out on Illuminations earlier in the week I decied to stake out a good spot as well and waited out the time until the show started in a spot right on the Norway and Mexico boarder.

Day9Epcot183.jpg

Day9Epcot185.jpg

Day9Epcot186.jpg

Day9Epcot187.jpg

It was about time for the show to begin and Kiera had still not returned. I know I was still a few minutes walk from the Baby Care Center but Daniel is usually done feeding by now. The show started and Kiera still hadn't returned. But the very beginning was all that she missed out on. She still caught most of the show in time. The show was every bit as good as it was the first and second times we had seen it. And this third time was also the third location that we had watched the show from. I would say this location in Norway was still better then the one in America however I think the view from Canada was still the best of all. Daniel really enjoyed watching the fireworks and overall the show was great. Again words can't really do these shows justice so with a none dieing battery tonight I was able to take plenty of photos that I didn't share earlier in this report.

Day9Epcot190.jpg

Day9Epcot192.jpg

Day9Epcot193.jpg

Day9Epcot194.jpg

Day9Epcot196.jpg

Day9Epcot198.jpg

Day9Epcot201.jpg

Day9Epcot204.jpg

Day9Epcot205.jpg

Day9Epcot207.jpg

Day9Epcot208.jpg

Day9Epcot211.jpg

Day9Epcot213.jpg

Day9Epcot214.jpg

Day9Epcot217.jpg

Day9Epcot219.jpg

Day9Epcot221.jpg

With the conclussion of Illuminations it was also the official closing of Epcot. We along with everyone else left the World Showcase and started to make our way towards the exit. It was kind of nice being in Norway as for the most part when exiting you will be ahead of the bulk of the crowds.

Day9Epcot223.jpg

Day9Epcot224.jpg

Day9Epcot225.jpg

While exiting though we once again saw that the Character Spot had practically no wait at all. Even a shorter wait then it did when we were at Epcot earlier in the week. Knowing Daniels love for Characters and this being his last chance to see them we decided what the heck. We would take him thru the Character Spot again.

Day9Epcot252.jpg

First up of course was Mickey who Daniel once again just loved. But as we progressed from Mickey to Pluto and then to Minnie it became apparent that Daniel was tired. He wasn't having that excitment the he normally has. Donald Peaked his excitement a little bit but as we finished up with Goofy it was apparent that he was done and wanted to go back to the hotel. Heck he was probably done with the vacation by this point lol.

Day9Epcot226.jpg

Day9Epcot229.jpg

Day9Epcot234.jpg

Day9Epcot235.jpg

Day9Epcot239.jpg

Day9Epcot241.jpg

Day9Epcot242.jpg

Day9Epcot243.jpg

Day9Epcot244.jpg

Day9Epcot247.jpg

Day9Epcot250.jpg

One last thing we did before leaving Epcot was go to the Mouse Gears store to look around one last time. This would likely be our final oppertunity to buy any Disney Gear so we wanted to make sure we had everything we wanted. After looking around the store we decided that we had all we wanted already and left the store empty handed.

Day9Epcot253.jpg

Day9Epcot254.jpg

Day9Epcot257.jpg

We made our way to the Exit taking photos along the way as Spaceship Earth looks so great after nightfall. At the parks enterance we looked at the Fantasia Topiearys one last time before we exited the park.

Day9Epcot258.jpg

Day9Epcot260.jpg

Day9Epcot261.jpg

Day9Epcot262.jpg

Day9Epcot263.jpg

Day9Epcot265.jpg

Day9Epcot266.jpg

I mentioned earlier that we were suprised at how close the parking spot we got earlier in the afternoon was to the park enterance. Although it was close this walk at the end of the day seemed like it was so long and the car was so far away. But we eventually made it. While loading up the car in the distance we were able to see the Magic Kingdoms Fireworks going off as it was now 10pm. After watching for a minute though we decided to head back to the Hotel. We had to make a quick stop by Target though before getting to the Hotel to pick up an extra bag as we weren't sure if we'd be under our allowed bag weight with all the new stuff we bought.

Day9Epcot268.jpg

Day9Epcot269.jpg

Once back at the hotel Daniel got ready for bed and ate and then crashed out. Unfotunatly though we wouldn't be able to do the same as our vacation would be coming to and end tomorrow. Which ment tonight we had to pack up all our stuff in the room we had been living in for the past 9 days. The suitcases were pulled out and we started getting them packed up. Of course not without a picture of all our souvineers that we bought on this trip.

Day9Epcot270.jpg

An hour and a half later we finally finished getting everything together, orginized, and packed so that we would be ready to head home tomorrow. As we retired to bed it was sad to realize this was all coming to and end. This vacation that had been planned for months and months would be coming to an end in less then 24 hours.

That was quite the trip report. I really appreciate the entire thing. Coming from someone who loads a lot of photos for the site I know the time taken on these two pages is mind boggling! Looking forward to the next one! :rep:

WOW what an amazing trip report. I have been reading this over the last month in stages while at work and it has made me smile on more than just a few occasions. Only problem is with an infant at home just a few months older than your son I want to get on a flight right now with my little man and wife as they haven’t yet experienced the magic of Orlando . Thanks for taking the time to write this report felt like we were there with you